New World: Survey & Info

Choose 1 from each group:

• Total voters

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This thread is just to get a little information from people planning to play New World at launch, and to try to keep contact information easily accessible. (General game discussion still in the main New World thread)

Please pick 4 options from the poll, one of each for FACTION, SERVER, PLAYSTYLE and DEDICATION representing the most applicable to your interest. (The playstyle options aren't well-informed, since I only played for about 3 hours). (You can click on the text of an option to see who selected that option)

If anyone is interested in volunteering for certain roles/positions like Guid Leader or Raid Leader, please post here and I'll edit into the first post (and ask mods to transfer ownership of this post to you if you want)

EDIT: This is as "official" as we're going to get I think. ( Edaw Edaw can invite to the Company on Vingolf. Not sure who the other officers are. I think pysek pysek is on Kronomo)
Both.

Also update:

Vingolf for EST
Kronomo for PST

Not doing that el dorado shit.
I'm not in game right now but everyone has invite rights. Just need to be syndicate.

I'm not leadership btw lol. Dont think we have any really so far. Just keeping up on invites if I see them.

Useful tidbits:
Posting because this helped me. I prefer old school chat interfaces, and using the below I don't have to mess around with clicking chat channels.

/a is area (say)
/g is global (world chat)
/w is whisper (tells)
/p is party
/f is faction chat
/c is company (guild chat)
/o is officer chat (officer rank in guild/company)
/help is for help chat

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
Uhhh i may try it if I get time. If I do ill try to fill out or volunteer to do things

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll definitely be playing to max level, get some or all crafting to max (maybe) and explore everything. After that, dunno.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I have it pre-ordered but didn't really like the first 3-4 hours that much - Going to keep pre-order and see if I get the urge to jump in next month at launch.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm probably about 20 hours in, and loving it. Had some good pvp yesterday that felt quite satisfying. Running now and sword/board and sometimes rapier instead of bow. The rapier damage seems nuts. Also picked up some of my early faction gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Was going to be pushing for a guild but after my experience thus far I can say the game doesnt support small group pvp well, at least not yet. There's open world of course but that doesn't contribute to the overall territory standing or anything.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Was going to be pushing for a guild but after my experience thus far I can say the game doesnt support small group pvp well, at least not yet. There's open world of course but that doesn't contribute to the overall territory standing or anything.
Well having strength in numbers or some people to do stuff with is always helpful. Also for resource funneling for territory control etc. There is also the outpost rush stuff.

I'm playing with a few buds and we will be somewhere between casual and raider, at least after the initial release grind.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck, I wish I knew the answers for myself. I'm pretty neutral between Syndicate/Marauders. Will be on US East. I may end up poopsocking if my retirement lines up with this. And class is something I waffle on over and over. I want to try out as many as possible on the beta but it's hard to do when you need skill points to do so.

Maybe I'll vote in a couple weeks. Also its longevity probably depends on Lost Ark.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah im also quite neutral on faction too. I guess Ill go with whomever the masses go with. Im ok with that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Syndicate is going to be the one carrying the ball on most servers. Not sure how it flipped to them from Marauders. But either is fine in my book.

As for Build, I’m going tanky boi with heals, but in the effort of getting 60 - I’ll probably have other weapons trained up to at least 10. Not like Azoth is rare or anything.

US East simply because I live in VA.

If we don’t make a company, I’d at least like a bulk of us on the same server.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I wish I knew the answers for myself. I'm pretty neutral between Syndicate/Marauders. Will be on US East. I may end up poopsocking if my retirement lines up with this. And class is something I waffle on over and over. I want to try out as many as possible on the beta but it's hard to do when you need skill points to do so.

Maybe I'll vote in a couple weeks. Also its longevity probably depends on Lost Ark.
It's nice to have some MMO options again, between this, FF14, and Lost Ark (I know FF14 has been around forever but its a new discovery for me). Congrats on your retirement!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am planning on playing on US East and going healer for Syndicate. I also plan on pissing in Gatorade bottles and hanging my ass out the window to shit. Hardcore all the way, only way I know how.

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's nice to have some MMO options again, between this FF14, and Lost Ark (I know FF14 has been around forever but its a new discovery for me). Congrats on your retirement!
Fuck yeah it is mate.

Grats on retirement Gravel Gravel , you win.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a list of what servers they'll have at launch yet?

And also, is there some kind of list of where the streamers are playing, so I can avoid those ones?

• 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ll play whatever faction. Gonna tank. I play a fair bit, but not a serious poopsocker.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This was the most recent list for the Open Beta. I see that NAEast is the preferred server for FoH. Are you guys planning to avoid streamer specific servers?
Server List - Open Beta.jpg

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This was the most recent list for the Open Beta. I see that NAEast is the preferred server for FoH. Are you guys planning to avoid streamer specific servers?
View attachment 372592
Trying to find a sweet spot between NAEast non-streamer server and not having a low ass population. also sort of balanced faction wise. should be fun to try

• 2Like