New World

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I figured that was the answer. I’ve really got no issue with PvP other than the effort to join a group lol.

I had tried to do what you mentioned in Great Cleave but maybe due to it being 5pm cst on Sunday but I was getting PK. Probably was during a race haha. I didn’t look to see.

OTG is Covenant FYI so I think options are limited? Seems we’re minority faction on markababmarkakma serve

As far as the expansion goes I “beat” the initial leveling MSQ. It was ok? Very safe and B tier. I won’t remember it but they’re trying.

Mounts are great. Feel solid like RDR2 or BOTW. Chunky and part of world compared to day wow which are visual extensions of your character to me. Think dragon riding on the ground with more speed boosts and fast vigor regen (if you played dragon flight.)

Seems like zone / story main npcs flip and I talk to them all now at end game again since I beat MSQ. Guessing it evolves into some kind of repeatable content.

Also Halloween event is going on until like November 14th. Super low effort transmog and actual weapons so 100% worth the time. You can get almost everything but all the weapons in a handful of kills.

I’m enjoying my return much more than I anticipated. I made the mistake of marrying a hot chick 9 years younger than myself so now I have 2 toddlers and a new born as I approach 43 in December.

Warcraft isn’t casual enough for my ass anymore with the rep grinds and non expansion content wipes out my progression so I’m just always chasing mediocre content that they’ll replace before I even slay a dragon. I say all that because I’m hoping New World is a place I can chill casually for a while since I don’t do meta stuff these days. I was hoping Wayfinder could be a nice casual mmo lite for a while but that shit needs time to bake / won’t hit my mark probably.

Yes, it’s 1:30 am and I’m taking a shit, than you all for joining me. ❤️

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I figured that was the answer. I’ve really got no issue with PvP other than the effort to join a group lol.

I had tried to do what you mentioned in Great Cleave but maybe due to it being 5pm cst on Sunday but I was getting PK. Probably was during a race haha. I didn’t look to see.

OTG is Covenant FYI so I think options are limited? Seems we’re minority faction on markababmarkakma serve

Ya, depending where you go and what time, the PKs are out in force for certain popular faction mission spots

Cov is down currently from a war perspective - my company used to be the dominant company on the server, but we had a lot of retirements and some new companies came in (like Heaters) which unseated us. With the queues now gone and the xpac drawing some back, we'll try to grab back some lands. Normal for the game though - some factions are really strong until people leave/companies change servers. Like green was down bad until around the time of the xpac. Then Asmon came back (he was always green) and it felt like their population exploded lol

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Ya, depending where you go and what time, the PKs are out in force for certain popular faction mission spots

Cov is down currently from a war perspective - my company used to be the dominant company on the server, but we had a lot of retirements and some new companies came in (like Heaters) which unseated us. With the queues now gone and the xpac drawing some back, we'll try to grab back some lands. Normal for the game though - some factions are really strong until people leave/companies change servers. Like green was down bad until around the time of the xpac. Then Asmon came back (he was always green) and it felt like their population exploded lol
I think at launch we were Syndicate and with some allies held a fair bit of land. It seems at some point as people left / merges / whatever ended up as cov.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So with all of the server transfers going on, Valhalla has become more balanced than I think it has ever been. Purple is still the majority faction, I believe, but all 3 Factions are holding territories. I'm in Covenant, myself. One of the best places to farm Covenant Faction for me was Ebonscale. If you're watching TV or something, you just take the Sanctify quest. You run up the road a bit, spend less than two minutes skinning animals in the forest (minute and a half for the quest timer), then run back to town. Rinse/repeat until you lose the will to live or your TV show ends. Whichever comes first.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
So with all of the server transfers going on, Valhalla has become more balanced than I think it has ever been. Purple is still the majority faction, I believe, but all 3 Factions are holding territories. I'm in Covenant, myself. One of the best places to farm Covenant Faction for me was Ebonscale. If you're watching TV or something, you just take the Sanctify quest. You run up the road a bit, spend less than two minutes skinning animals in the forest (minute and a half for the quest timer), then run back to town. Rinse/repeat until you lose the will to live or your TV show ends. Whichever comes first.
I suppose I hadn't bothered checking the town hall since I came back. I did it loads around launch when it was the main way to supplement exp easily but heard they had nerfed it. Didn't realize they gave out faction rep. I'll check it out thanks! COV has one territory on our map, on Marararmamamamrarmama.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
On a side note, wild that I get 13 weeks of paternity leave, spread that shit out and milking it lol. Just have to use within 12 months. That is on top of vacation. Thank you millenials.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Well shit I think I may be close to done after dumping another 50-60 hours or something. Not bad. My gear is currently 696, I've done all the dungeons once, and finished the MSQ. I don't really PVP, mythic grind, or chase BIS / meta anymore.

Seems like PVP and 700 score + BIS perk chase? I know there is a Sand Worm raid but I can raid other games if I care about that. If this is the end (for now) pretty solid game for the money these days.