New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes...so at half a gold coin per salvage and 10 gold per mob once every 10-15 mobs means that after 20 hours of just gold grinding, I can maybe pay my 5 day house tax!

The sink to earn ratio in this game is fucking dumb right now.
IDK what gear youre salvaging but in getting like 2-4 gold per salvage for mine.

Cybsled

Higher GS blues and purples will net you that much (2-4). Shitty greens net you much less

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yes...so at half a gold coin per salvage and 10 gold per mob once every 10-15 mobs means that after 20 hours of just gold grinding, I can maybe pay my 5 day house tax!

The sink to earn ratio in this game is fucking dumb right now.
FWIW the gold drops are more frequent in the late game elite areas but...

640 gold rewarded for participating in a PVE invasion (win or lose).
720 gold for a win or 640 gold for a loss for participating in a PVP war.
These activities also refill your Azoth.

Usually 4+ of these events per night on my mediocre server.

Get to 60, signup early and often.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hexadeimos

Trakanon Raider
1634642287794.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FWIW the gold drops are more frequent in the late game elite areas but...

640 gold rewarded for participating in a PVE invasion (win or lose).
720 gold for a win or 640 gold for a loss for participating in a PVP war.
These activities also refill your Azoth.

Usually 4+ of these events per night on my mediocre server.

Get to 60, signup early and often.
I honestly feel like they should add a step into the MSQ that steers players into defending and attacking one of the unclaimable territories. You invade the fort full of corrupted, and then at a later point you defend the fort. Win or Fail, you complete the quest and the quest text changes based on the outcome, making no difference in the overall story. Make it repeatable once a day with good rewards so people arent just cock blocked on those portions later on in the servers life. Ta-Daaaa repeatable end game content that funnels players into it!

Big drops tonight, hitting that 550 GS shit on many of my drops...

View attachment 377903

Just look at my inventory after a full elite run across the world... And this is with deleting 1/2 of it because encumbrance...

View attachment 377904View attachment 377905

Cant even fit all the gear on one shot lol.
Grats on finally getting the water mark up that high! I need to do elites more myself. Im still down at 530ish water mark, but I havent touched any of the farms since Wednesday last week. Its a lot more monotonous when you've bought or made gear at a higher item level, so basically everything is just salvage trash.

Speaking of, I got the artifact Void Ingot made and now all the recipes show up, but I dont have 200 armoring. So thats dead in the water until I finish leveling it up. Finished up to 100 in Furnishing last night with Rickety Old Shelves to finally get my first luck trophy, all the main gathering trophies, and all iron chests. With high territory level storage and three iron chests - town storage is a lot more bearable. I "think" I might go buy the cheap 5000 houses in other territories, say Mourning and Ebonscale for travel and get those up and running for the gathering perks to stack. Getting yield up high on gathering shit just makes gathering a HELL of a lot more convenient. I just dont know if I want to do somewhere around 5-6 invasions every five days in order to keep up with three mansions expenses.

The taxes are really just too damn high regardless of your play time. Even if you take into account that you'll max out your property tax deductions in a territory at probably 150 out of the 300 total levels - thats looking like 50% max. Extreme 10% tax on three mansions, cutting 6000 down to 3000 total, every 5 days.. its just rubbish. So the 5000 gold houses will just have to do till I find the magic bullet in gold making or they buff gold intake, or better decrease taxes. Either make the maximum extreme tax 5% or make it due every 15 days, or month, and adjust the fort expenditures downward to reflect that. Then scale down territory leveling experience reward and decrease the experience needed to level a territory by half for the entire 300. All the grinding and crafting I do in Windsward, still taking town board quests to this day for armoring and weapons and Im still only level 66. Thats insane.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was reading about some item perks, and wow, it seems like almost everything item related is broken at the moment. Most of the perks don't work, amber and diamond gems aren't working. This game is more of a shit show than I knew.

Gear seems to barely even matter since it's all broken as fuck.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Was reading about some item perks, and wow, it seems like almost everything item related is broken at the moment. Most of the perks don't work, amber and diamond gems aren't working. This game is more of a shit show than I knew.

Gear seems to barely even matter since it's all broken as fuck.
It's the reason I'm playing this in the most casual way. The bugs and qol shit is irritating. The desync stuff is madening.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think this game has run its course for me. Got my $40 out of it, no doubt....but there really isnt much more desire to play at level 40.

Crafting is a monstrous time sink with items / materials and by the time you can make something useful, youd be max level already anyways. The need to literally have a pyramid of materials starting at t1 is ridiculous. Just at the Starmetal range, in order to make anything you need to gather iron ore to make iron bars, then timber to make charcoal and timber. Then combine that to make a steel ore, to then need to combine 6x starmetal ores, steel ingots, and more shit to make 1x starmetal bar, then to make something starmetal, need 14x of those ingots, plus assload of more sub combines....its fucking stupid.

Level 60s are running around the newblet area just farming lvl 1 resources so that they can try to make t5 items...fucking retarded. Also on my server, Green is the most powerful. So now that server transfers are coming, all yellow and purple talk about is server xfering somewhere else....which I cant blame them. Every server will be the same. There will be a top heavy faction, and the rest will want to xfer out.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Similar here, I may login from time to time. But ya pretty much done with the game as expect before launch.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Last 2 nights I logged in, checked the market and was getting ready to go do some quests, then just logged back out and watched some TV instead. Game never really grabbed me I suppose.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Still going strong here!
Jewelcrafting at 187 and working on gear score while trying to make money to keep the jewel grind going.

I’m not seeing the market issues on Vingolf that other on here are reporting from their servers. Sure some stuff is worthless but key resources move quick.

I definitely agree that there needs to be more money in the economy though. They could very easily do that…make the mobs drop more coin or give the town boards reasonable rewards instead of the navel lint they currently reward.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Level 60s are running around the newblet area just farming lvl 1 resources so that they can try to make t5 items...fucking retarded.

I suspect in their minds eye, they saw high levels buying t1 materials from noobs. But because currency is so hard to get, the high levels just gather it themselves

T1 nodes need to either have fast respawns or be way more plentiful - I go to iron or hemp areas and everything is just picked clean

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
They made this game as a Valheim competitor type. If they kept it that way, everything would have worked and made sense. Would it have been popular? I dunno, how popular is Valheim? Seems to do alright.

As for an MMO... they need at least another year to polish the game and add proper content in the context of an MMO. There is nothing there currently and the game is very much an Alpha game due to it pivoting. Is it a bad game? No, the pvp survival online game would have been fun for me to try. The MMO portion COULD be fun if they rebuild it properly and finish it. The issue is AGS has a history of failing and then abandoning their products. This is not ARR FF14. It COULD be if they spend a bit more time and money on it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They made this game as a Valheim competitor type. If they kept it that way, everything would have worked and made sense. Would it have been popular? I dunno, how popular is Valheim? Seems to do alright.

As for an MMO... they need at least another year to polish the game and add proper content in the context of an MMO. There is nothing there currently and the game is very much an Alpha game due to it pivoting. Is it a bad game? No, the pvp survival online game would have been fun for me to try. The MMO portion COULD be fun if they rebuild it properly and finish it. The issue is AGS has a history of failing and then abandoning their products. This is not ARR FF14. It COULD be if they spend a bit more time and money on it.
Maybe the quests are lacking 50+ but there is plenty of end game content to do and satisfy people for a few months. I just got 4 580 weapon quests that popped up for me. And the open world dungeons are sweet in this game, my favorites this area.. Still have yet to venture into the last 2 60+ dungeons as well, waiting to get my gear score up a bit so I dont waste the orb.

1634664915933.png

The zone itself is dog shit but this dungeon, lv63, is fucking awesome. Really good drops for me there too, got some 559 gear from there last night. There is even an arena in there that takes an orb to open, we did it the other night and its some Siren lv66 boss, kicked our asses. She shot spears all over the place and then they created an electric aura fucing up our group. We would have prob taken her down, but my game froze and I got kicked. When I came back my group was 1/2 dead and we could not recover. Sucks to lose the tank to a DC.

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

There is a ton of content in this game. Just as much if not more than the standard MMO release. I find posts like these really weird and wondering if you guys are playing the same game I am.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is a ton of content in this game. Just as much if not more than the standard MMO release. I find posts like these really weird and wondering if you guys are playing the same game I am.
Thats what im wondering. I mean if you dont like it thats fine, but to say its lacking content is just false. I guess people just got used to the whole wow hand holding quest hub shit for too long.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this game is way too unfinished with no direction. It's so boring after the novelty wears off. Nobody on my server pvps, dungeon runs are typically just Depths/Dynasty (boring after a few runs). Controlling territory is moot to me. Quests are worse than Wow's. It's a solo shell game with ability to be retarded in chat at this point in time. They should not have launched and threw money at it for another year. Then they would at least have a solid PVE shell with better questing, items(wtf loot carousel?) and PVP. I don't think they realize what it takes to make an MMO.
That's great but the world loses its immersion and flavor fast. So, why keep playing? Getting more gooder item 2.0 doesn't do it for me these days lol.
So you are never going to play another MMO or Video game again - OK
You don't have to go out of the way to SS shit for me man! It's all good. If FF14 is any stick to measure off of, they have time to fill out the game and have it be successful. I'll wait and check up on it here and there.
he literally posts direct proof you don't know what you are talking about with regard to content and you dismiss it and compare it to a 10 year old game- OK

seems like YOU are trying to force every game made to recapture wow or ff14 or some traditional MMO feelings for you. sounds like its a YOU issue

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I get Valheim vibes with the music and tree chopping. I also randomly get Diablo stings in the music odd enough.

The game was definitely modeled off of pvp survival games like Conan Exiles, Rust and to some extent Valheim, without all the building shit. Everyone knows it's gone through 14 iterations and the design is muddied. That said, it's def worth $40 compared to a lot of the other terrible shit out there. For me, an MMO being a terrible muddled mess is actually part of the charm. MMOs can change so much patch to patch, expansion to expansion, that there is a sort of 'you had to be there' to them that other games don't necessarily capture. Also, without a sub fee, I'm free to burn myself out, hit up another game for a while and then come back and see what kind of cool shit they added to play around with. Ideally, the content cycle will be a little quicker than Valheim.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users