New World

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I occasionally will get the d2 wilderness song pop up in my head while playing. Not a ton, but enough to recognize for a moment.

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
So you are never going to play another MMO or Video game again - OK

he literally posts direct proof you don't know what you are talking about with regard to content and you dismiss it and compare it to a 10 year old game- OK

seems like YOU are trying to force every game made to recapture wow or ff14 or some traditional MMO feelings for you. sounds like its a YOU issue
There's no hook for me. I don't think it's a good PVE/MMO game at all. It's very bland. My point is, they can do much better.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I get Valheim vibes with the music and tree chopping. I also randomly get Diablo stings in the music odd enough.

The game was definitely modeled off of pvp survival games like Conan Exiles, Rust and to some extent Valheim, without all the building shit. Everyone knows it's gone through 14 iterations and the design is muddied. That said, it's def worth $40 compared to a lot of the other terrible shit out there. For me, an MMO being a terrible muddled mess is actually part of the charm. MMOs can change so much patch to patch, expansion to expansion, that there is a sort of 'you had to be there' to them that other games don't necessarily capture. Also, without a sub fee, I'm free to burn myself out, hit up another game for a while and then come back and see what kind of cool shit they added to play around with. Ideally, the content cycle will be a little quicker than Valheim.

Agree, I would be excited to see what kind of end-game contents they are going with

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thats what im wondering. I mean if you dont like it thats fine, but to say its lacking content is just false. I guess people just got used to the whole wow hand holding quest hub shit for too long.
The (lack of) variability in mobs & animations I think is the most glaring issue to me as far as the game getting stale quickly. Same mobs over and over again and they're very predictable in their skill usage. I could go through a lot of the fights blindfolded at this point. Yea....the 2nd part of that complaint is a pretty eye-rolly since it's the case in a lot of games, but the first one is more obvious and was pretty clear to me before even hitting level 10 in the beta.

I'm not really looking for stuff to pick apart here, this is just me trying to guess why the game just isn't all that fun to me and never really grabbed me. If other people are still having a blast, good for them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will agree with both views of the game, both the positive and negatives.

There is a ton of content to go through, but to me on a personal level, its not fun, engaging, or exciting doing it.

I hate that Lost Ark was delayed for this. Lost Ark will make a metric ton more money than this will, and is already polished and had multiple years of testing already done.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I will agree with both views of the game, both the positive and negatives.

There is a ton of content to go through, but to me on a personal level, its not fun, engaging, or exciting doing it.

I hate that Lost Ark was delayed for this. Lost Ark will make a metric ton more money than this will, and is already polished and had multiple years of testing already done.
I mean that's because its already been released for a few years in Korea. I don't see that having the same playerbase as this at all.

The (lack of) variability in mobs & animations I think is the most glaring issue to me as far as the game getting stale quickly. Same mobs over and over again and they're very predictable in their skill usage.
definitely agree with this. they have their "setting/environment" especially early in the game but they definitely needed to open up the art more, I mean the engine is gorgeous so they needed to take advantage of that with more variety earlier.

They ended up making a fun game despite themselves seemingly.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm definitely losing interest. Mainly due to the crafting/gathering grind and lack of party/group content.

I was hoping for alot more dungeons andore common features like quest sharing etc. Playing with friends is always more fun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm definitely losing interest. Mainly due to the crafting/gathering grind and lack of party/group content.

I was hoping for alot more dungeons andore common features like quest sharing etc. Playing with friends is always more fun.
Man I dont get it. There is a shit ton of open world dungeons that start at lv45 and continue on to lv 66. They even have farmable bosses that drop good loot, even legos. Challenging grop content or if you want to make it easier bring 2 groups., shit bring 3. Dont hink in terms of WOW but in therms of Everquest. Do all of you need to be spoon fed instances witha dungeon finer? Like WTF? You dont have to do any crafting or gathering either if you dont want to.

The quest sharing shit I agree on, but since most of the quests in this game are chains, and unlocks based off of other chains im not sure how they could handle this.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man I dont get it. There is a shit ton of open world dungeons that start at lv45 and continue on to lv 66. They even have farmable bosses that drop good loot, even legos. Challenging grop content or if you want to make it easier bring 2 groups., shit bring 3. Dont hink in terms of WOW but in therms of Everquest. Do all of you need to be spoon fed instances witha dungeon finer? Like WTF? You dont have to do any crafting or gathering either if you dont want to.

The quest sharing shit I agree on, but since most of the quests in this game are chains, and unlocks based off of other chains im not sure how they could handle this.
I'd rather sit around a camp farming gnolls for 5 hours and bullshitting with my group than I would running town missions over and over again while fighting the same mobs. Everquest's entire community understood this concept. Finding something similar in New World is much more difficult for people that don't already have a group of friends to play with.

I think a lot of us are just thinking out loud and offering thoughts on why the game doesn't have any legs for us. You seem like the one that's getting defensive about it...

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>

I mean...
1634672538587.png

Plus legendary weapon quests and the 3 arenas.

But if you and homies have done it all, gg

• 2Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd rather sit around a camp farming gnolls for 5 hours and bullshitting with my group than I would running town missions over and over again while fighting the same mobs. Everquest's entire community understood this concept. Finding something similar in New World is much more difficult for people that don't already have a group of friends to play with.

I think a lot of us are just thinking out loud and offering thoughts on why the game doesn't have any legs for us. You seem like the one that's getting defensive about it...
Sadly, I'm just now realizing I should have leveled entirely off town boards and nothing else.

The amount of rep you need to get worthwhile storage is obscene. And you can't do shit without storage.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sadly, I'm just now realizing I should have leveled entirely off town boards and nothing else.

The amount of rep you need to get worthwhile storage is obscene. And you can't do shit without storage.
I have wrought genocide on the bunny population on my server. Kill 10 more, so be it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The annoying(?) part of the town board quests is they never seem to move past the 'uses ore and fiber instead of ingots and linen' phase. I have to keep a bunch of uncombined resources around for those quests, which doesn't help on the storage issues. I still get quests for like 25 rawhide randomly. If the board quests scaled up faster alongside your harvesting levels, etc. It would a) help on storage b) give a dump for higher tier resources laying around c) lessen the number of quests you have to camp on the board.

Running through a town I always clear the easy ones, then run to hit a few iron/green wood to finish off any I was close on. By the time that's all done, the next group have popped and I'm back on it. I can get caught up just running around 50m from town chopping trees and not actually out in the world questing. Sad part is, that's still better xp than the alternative.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Holy shit Global chat is internet AIDS. Nothing but a bunch of bitter ass shit lords and wannabe Pepe the Frogs.

• 1Truth!