New World

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
No one wants to be the lame religious dudes

Encumbrances in this game do suck though. Feels like fucking Fallout76 managing stacks of junk and weapons
Raises hand - I don’t know about religious dudes but I like being the low pop faction. More targets.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Raises hand - I don’t know about religious dudes but I like being the low pop faction. More targets.
joining the zerg is lame IMO and won't be good for server longterm. Covenant is in need of a more large guilds, the faction has 1-2 compared to ~5+ that each of the other two factions have.

small group pvp shines in the game to me

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol apparently there's no swimming in this game. You literally just walk on the floor the whole time and you can't come up for air lol. Hope that gets changed/fixed because that is retarded.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol apparently there's no swimming in this game. You literally just walk on the floor the whole time and you can't come up for air lol. Hope that gets changed/fixed because that is retarded.
Some of the best meme's Ive seen came out of that so far, though! lol - "Supposedly" its in a content update with boats. I find that hard to believe though.

Cybsled

joining the zerg is lame IMO and won't be good for server longterm. Covenant is in need of a more large guilds, the faction has 1-2 compared to ~5+ that each of the other two factions have.

small group pvp shines in the game to me

You join Zerg for leveling, then swap at end game. Minimizes gank risks early on, increases targets later on

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The factions for this game could have used a re-write: They should have just lifted the ones from The Secret World and reskinned them for the Enlightenment, which is what I guess they did but in a lame way. If I had a dollar for every 14 year old squawking about "religion is Lame science rules" I could have cajoled myself with some rims and tires enough to join syndicate. In Closed beta though I went COV and we had more territories at the end than the other two factions combined. I know there were other servers that were dominated by a single faction one way or the other, mostly green or purp.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1800 queue. I'm going to do something fun, like mow. See you at 9pm.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I believe they announced yesterday, that once everything settles down and they figure out server numbers and caps, they are going to offer everyone a free transfer
... Even with new servers, people arent going to want to dip out of the server theyve already spent time on, generally speaking.

it's gonna be a pain to reconvene without fully rerolling, as we're committing to factions on our individual servers.
even when they open up free server moves, we'll presumably be stuck in our original faction until we're permitted to flip based on that server's faction status.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
it's gonna be a pain to reconvene without fully rerolling, as we're committing to factions on our individual servers.
even when they open up free server moves, we'll presumably be stuck in our original faction until we're permitted to flip based on that server's faction status.
I could've swore you get a one time faction change and then after that it's 120 days. They are also allowing free server xfers in like a week supposedly.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just depends on the server I think. I think things have balanced out way more than they were in beta at least, overall. Seems many people do want a balanced PvP environment. To me Marauders are the most lame. Covenant you can meme RP and Syndicate aligns with all our nerd brains, even if they are a bit gay in New World.

The queues are a mess. I'm lucky I can log on so early and have nothing to do right now so am free to do so. Every EU server has a minimum 2 hour queue even during non prime time. I had no queue at 7am, but by 9am it was in the hours and some people spent 7+ hours in it on my server.

I will say the world population is really nice though. Even contested resources can be found because the player size is so limited. But I'd say each server could easily handle another 500-1000 people, particularly if they had better respawn code. It's super frustrating that you'll have a hard elite named boss respawn in literally 5 seconds and you can't even loot the chests in the room, whereas other quest mobs have like a 5-10 minute spawn and die so fast you can't get credit. like wtf? It's really super simple. Code a player proximity detector and combine it with something that subtracts time from a quest mob's respawn timer if it is engaged and dies within X amount of time of spawning (showing it is highly desired).

pvpamp.jpg

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I could've swore you get a one time faction change and then after that it's 120 days. They are also allowing free server xfers in like a week supposedly.
This is true. Not sure on the transfers because thats a more recent change with the high pops

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The world looks pretty damn cool, but Christ on a cracker the quest dialogue is lacking.

Hell I generally just gloss over the quest dialogue in MMOs, so I appreciate a TLDR version. However the quest dialogue in New World doesn't appear to be shorten for player convenience, but rather it was just rushed or flat out unfinished.

Also the first quest guy you meet on the beach...what the fuck is up with that dude? What does he have to be so cheery about?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Waited a few hours in queue, got in, crashed to desktop with zero error messages about 5 minutes later, 2k in queue. Looks like I'll be getting plenty of sleep tonight with an early start tomorrow.

I was hoping they fixed these ghost CTD's from beta but I along with others are still getting them. I got 3 or 4 yesterday and this is the 2nd of the day.

• 1Double Worf

Redraw

Lurker
I think theres a lot of the symptoms of WoW Classic, dumbfucks staying logged in all the time in the first week to be part of something. It might just be the new way of MMO's to let the mob pass and then play, let the people who only know gaming through youtube videos run their cycle. Glad we settled on what the poll said though, thats cool.

• 1Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I passed some guy attacking a wall 2 hours ago. He was using some kind of left click autoclicker to bypass the afk kick. I was shocked that their afk detection was so weak. Went and did some quests and on my way back he was still there.

So yeah, the queues aren't going anywhere when it's THIS easy to bypass the afk timer.

• 1Double Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Once i found hemp... i found infinite hemp lmao, i expected very purply shit i probably passed a ton of it

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Only thing I would say is to just remote in from your phone and start the queue a couple hours before you get home. Even with new servers, people arent going to want to dip out of the server theyve already spent time on, generally speaking.
I tired this and got in 3 times in no time (3pm, 4pm, 5:45pm). So thought I would be fine once I got home at like 6:45pm and boom 1k+ queue

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I passed some guy attacking a wall 2 hours ago. He was using some kind of left click autoclicker to bypass the afk kick. I was shocked that their afk detection was so weak. Went and did some quests and on my way back he was still there.

So yeah, the queues aren't going anywhere when it's THIS easy to bypass the afk timer.

I mean all it took for me to stay in game was have my keyboard hit tab every 3 minutes and that's it.