New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I’m seeing posts they stealth nerfed elite areas so chests drop shit loot if people are there and mobs hit harder/are beefier if there are more than 5 people nearby

What dumb fucking changes if true. You can just hang out unflagged doing nothing and fuck over a group now
Yes I solod my mines run still with no problem as Rapier, but the Taskmasters specifically had like 3x more health if not more. It's really incredibly dumb, because as it was I was one of the only people that ever actually bothered to kill the mobs instead of just skip. Now people will skip them even more. They removed a few skips from Myrkguard, but it doesn't matter, it'll just make the trains more chaotic.

Fucking incompetent. What they needed to do was simply code that the chests could not be opened without the mobs dead in a 10meter radius (not trained away, but dead). And yeah the droprate is decreased, so RIP if you didn't max your watermark before.

Have Overwolf and Icue running - both programs of debate in this game - still logged in. My harvesting suit is also still present. If you're missing gear and now you're kicked, I would probably start preparing a ban appeal.
I don't know a single person who didn't lose their "Harvester's ... " armor if it was in their inventory. If it was in your shed there's a 50/50 it is gone forever. But if it was in your inventory, every single person I've asked lost all of it. It's just... gone. Armor with harvesting bonus is fine, but "Harvester's..." is gone.

Also, there's a bug with Void Gauntlet that stacks empower forever and you start to do 5k damage. Also, am rubberbanding way more than usual. Also, the tail end of riposte was fucked with in some way and nerfed. Also, crafted like 5 void gauntlets and used 45 azoth and I got THREE greens. I've never, ever gotten a green before when spending Azoth.

Also, fuck the alchemy changes. What a joke.

Also, where the hell is the well in Everfall? So much of this shit is just so bizarre.

Please post if you discover any new item drops/named mobs to farm though. I bet there's a few areas of the map with some new mobs / drops.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Skorpius of all places has like 9 new tentacles that make the place a nightmare.

Whoever designed those mobs were clearly fans of Japanese Tentacle Rape hentai. They are some of the most obnoxiously overtuned NPCs I've ever seen in an MMO. I especially love the invasion ones that hitscan nuke you from 800 meters out, meanwhile I can only see 20 meters in that shitty red invasion fog. Great gameplay!

I'm a tad disappointed there isn't a new dupe bug introduced, but in the meantime enjoy this gem. This video was hilarious to watch *EDIT apparently it was on the test server, wonder if it made it to live.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Whoever designed those mobs were clearly fans of Japanese Tentacle Rape hentai. They are some of the most obnoxiously overtuned NPCs I've ever seen in an MMO. I especially love the invasion ones that hitscan nuke you from 800 meters out, meanwhile I can only see 20 meters in that shitty red invasion fog. Great gameplay!

I'm a tad disappointed there isn't a new dupe bug introduced, but in the meantime enjoy this gem. This video was hilarious to watch *EDIT apparently it was on the test server, wonder if it made it to live.

5xjp.gif

That is awesome lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the ah changes and I like the tuning orb changes. Had enough mats on me for 3 genesis keys with the change.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
They buffed little shitty faction quest elites too. A buddy and I spent right around 12 minutes killing some elite mob in ebonscale for 1400 faction tokens.... At least now I know to immediately cancel those missions until they fix that shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like the ah changes and I like the tuning orb changes. Had enough mats on me for 3 genesis keys with the change.
Thank you for making me check on it. I was camping Orichalcum shit and asked in company and they said it had not changed. Thanks to you, I did it on my own and 3 is a lot better than 10 and Im thankful af that they did that. Especially after...

THEY NERFED the water mark camps, or at least Fay. Got a piece of gear in one out of 5-6 kills at 2 min spawns. I thought it was just me, said something in chat and people noticed the same thing. I usually only spend an hour there when I have time, and I guess it'll bite me in the ass now for not grinding the shit out of it.

• 1Rustled

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So basically they implemented even more features that punish the remaining players. "Shit isn't grindy enough!"

It's like they're actively trying to drive off the player base.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So basically they implemented even more features that punish the remaining players. "Shit isn't grindy enough!"

It's like they're actively trying to drive off the player base.
Yeah it's absolutely mind blowing. They're pushing even the most avid lovers of the game away. I didn't grind the rest of my tradeskills despite reading the PTR because I thought there was no way they'd fuck it up so badly. They said the intention was to make it take the same effort to raise the tradeskills, you would just do it with different items, so I thought, okay, the math doesn't add up right now, but before they release the patch, they'll fix that!

But that assumes they aren't really stupid and it also assumes that they play the game and/or understand it. Unfortunately, they don't. So in their minds, they saw people having to make, say, 100 Iron Swords to raise Weaponsmithing to max, and instead just made it 100 Orichalcum Swords! See guys, it's totally the same! Just make Orichalcum, instead of Iron!

Unbelievable.

They buffed little shitty faction quest elites too. A buddy and I spent right around 12 minutes killing some elite mob in ebonscale for 1400 faction tokens.... At least now I know to immediately cancel those missions until they fix that shit.
Yeah a ton of stupid shit has 3x more hp or more. Like, the stupid wall that exists in some corrupted areas like in Great Cleave now has about 50 million hp and takes 10x longer to kill. Lol, like, why? And some of these changes were done with the logic of stopping zerg chest runs, but it's literally just made them more mandatory.

Pathetic. You can't just make these kinds of huge changes after a release, it punishes players that didn't already do this shit. Fucking beta. Cocksucking idiots. Maybe they really do just want to kill the game. No subs, so no consistent income. Maybe for whatever reason they don't want to spend the resources to make the shop worth the money, and so since no subs, just kill the game. I can't understand any other logic for this level of incompetence.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Myrk is a shitshow - people intentionally training the baby Thorpes on people and those bonecrusher trash mobs which are like mini bosses now. We eventually gave up because of it.

Makes Unrest or Karnors Castle trains look like Thomas the Tank Engine

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it's absolutely mind blowing. They're pushing even the most avid lovers of the game away. I didn't grind the rest of my tradeskills despite reading the PTR because I thought there was no way they'd fuck it up so badly. They said the intention was to make it take the same effort to raise the tradeskills, you would just do it with different items, so I thought, okay, the math doesn't add up right now, but before they release the patch, they'll fix that!

But that assumes they aren't really stupid and it also assumes that they play the game and/or understand it. Unfortunately, they don't. So in their minds, they saw people having to make, say, 100 Iron Swords to raise Weaponsmithing to max, and instead just made it 100 Orichalcum Swords! See guys, it's totally the same! Just make Orichalcum, instead of Iron!

Unbelievable.

Yeah a ton of stupid shit has 3x more hp or more. Like, the stupid wall that exists in some corrupted areas like in Great Cleave now has about 50 million hp and takes 10x longer to kill. Lol, like, why? And some of these changes were done with the logic of stopping zerg chest runs, but it's literally just made them more mandatory.

Pathetic. You can't just make these kinds of huge changes after a release, it punishes players that didn't already do this shit. Fucking beta. Cocksucking idiots. Maybe they really do just want to kill the game. No subs, so no consistent income. Maybe for whatever reason they don't want to spend the resources to make the shop worth the money, and so since no subs, just kill the game. I can't understand any other logic for this level of incompetence.
That's my thought too. And I mentioned before I'm super surprised they didn't add any worthwhile cosmetics.

With everything they've done, it looks more and more like they just want to kill this and use the server space for something else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The mobs in high end elite areras seem to scale based on the number of people either hitting them or around them. Not sure which but we went to north reek, the pool area tonight and it was clear that this was going on. We went through 1/2 of it with like 1.5 groups and mobs were normal, maybe a bit more tanky than usual. But then more showed up and it became quite apparent what was going on.

IDK why they are changing this shit to be honest. Things worked perfect before. Yeah people were solo running the chests but for the most part it was mini zergs or large zergs like on the big servers that ran them. And its not like solo running chests didnt come with its own risks. Besides the worthwhile chests have a 24 hr lock down on them so its not like people were exploiting the shit. Like you said this just leads to larger zegs since more numbers = more win, lol. LIKE, OH NO! They are getting too much gear and 600 legendary with 99.999% of them being trash! Better lock that shit down because its all the content we have!!!! Umm, a little late to put the genie back in the bottle. Besides its not our fault your AI in this game is dog shit stupid and can be explioted the fuck out of no matter how tough you make it. People will still get their chests.

How bout finally adding some fucking content to this game. Shit is getting boring. Instead of wasting time redesigning Shattered mountain and nerfing shit and buffing mobs, how bout we get a new 65+ zone? How bout more dungeons and stop cockblocking running them with the stupid orbs?

Plus Mirkguard or whatever its called was not dropping any gear, just weapons. Several people mentioned this when we did our run tonight. All I got was weapons and one trade skill shirt of some kind.

People logged on after patch with all their harvesting gear just gone. Some even logged in fully naked when they logged off with all their harvesting gear on.

Trade skill changes were basically dumb shit. The big guilds can still funnel moneys and get 1-200 in a few hours espercially when they have territories. This only hurts the casuals and small guilds at a time when there is already 100s of 200 skill crafters already. Like why change this shit now? Rich getting richer, and the poors stay poor.

And general chat a few min ago is already talking about another dupe bug. Some dude was making jewlery, lagged out and ended up with all the jewlery plus all his mats. So here we go again....

Oh forgot to mention few of the dudes in our company got pulled into a war tonight, Etups guild to defend.... Yeah the fucking lagggggg is back even worse then ever. Were talking people standing still not just on the point but all over the place. Literally unplayable.

10:40 into the vod...watch this shit, lol...

1 step forward 3 steps back, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

This trailer cracks me up. They make it look like there was this huge girth of content added, which if you take out all the nerfs - you get two quests with Varangians, which can be done in about 3 minutes total and the Void Gauntlet. Lol ffs.

On a different note, they really need to have a company ledger. Im seeing more and more posts / threads about guild leaders being caught selling gold. I honestly dont blame them. Own EF, make 100k in taxes - sell half of it and pocket 200 bucks that week. I personally would like to see a portion of the taxes get spread out to the members of the guild, say like half a percent. But regardless, a company ledger would cut out that bullshit.

Daidraco

1.1 Undocumented Changelist​

renderTimingPixel.png

Discussion
Updating this list as the last guy disappeared.
Keep posting undocumented changes and I will update this list.
  • Several Corrupted Stags have been added to Old Myrkgard Forrest. (u/AmaruKaze)
  • The Membrane to Nihilo Visage was buffed significantly in health about 100x more Health. (u/AmaruKaze)
  • You can no longer try to proc the harvest node in 1 hit perk multiple times, the first hit on the node is your only chance now. (u/ArtymisEnquiry)
  • Huge nerf on elite supply chest loot amount. (u/AdSecret7671)
  • Harvesting equipment has been deleted. (u/gonchicha)
  • Corrupted portals scaling in Myrkgard way more. (u/Stev__)
  • Gathering angry earth mobs now gives you motes instead of quintessence. (u/Puzzleheaded_Cold_89)
  • Weaver's Knot ring now only has 1 luck perk instead of 2. (u/ArsFrags)
  • Honey trees drop beeswax about 80% of the time instead of honey now. (u/phluke-)
  • Looted items can no longer be polarized. Previously, some looted armor set would have more phys or elem resistance. Now, only crafted and named item can be polarized. (u/ppeldo)
  • You can now sort by gear attributes under the 'perk' section at the Trading Post. (u/AyuOk)
  • Arcanist shoes now drop in the central myrkgard area instead of the Myrkgard Catherdral (Aka Thorpe). (u/TiGeRpro)
  • Priest farm now has a wall to prevent people from jumping up on the roof. (u/TiGeRpro)
  • Everfall well replaced with an fountain and the hood has been pulled down on Syndicate heavy armor chest piece. (u/GhostNoteZ0)
  • Energizing Travel Ration and Energizing Light Ration now have a strawberry and sliced strawberries icon. Now matches their Town Board quest pictures. (u/Termintaux)
  • Anchor wielding pirates had significant damage buff.
  • Tentacle farming in Eternal pool is harder now that the area has been remodeled. (u/stap31)
  • You can trade in dungeons now. (u/Steffe91)
  • Broken Taxes in TP to the list. As a buyer, if you go to the lowest taxed settlement to buy an item, YOU STILL PAY the tax as it would at the listing TP. (u/RToTheSee)
  • Tier 5 camp has been redesigned slightly. (u/hemorhoidsNbikeseats)
  • Lord Huntingdon's Brooch now has 20 Str and is blue instead of green. (u/Noaphiel)
  • Added an Elite Supply Chest at the entrance of Opulence behind Archos Imperator. (u/Mikihisa77)
  • All creature in Myrkgard are now elite 65 mobs. (u/Mikihisa77)
  • All boss and mini-boss in Myrkgard are now Elite 66 and Boss 66 mobs. (u/Mikihisa77)
  • Obsidian Voidstone and Runestone can now be crafted with any elemental Lodestone. (u/Mikihisa77)
  • Glittering Ebony only requires 1 Wildwood instead of 2 to craft. (u/zzsee)
  • T5 honing stones now last 40 minutes instead of 30. (u/InfiniteZeroo)
  • Territory standing gain cards have been shuffled. They will not follow the same path as before. (u/ezpzMiDAS)
  • Elite chests can now drop vials of azoth. (u/ClockworkSoldier)
  • Fay the lost protector item drop rate has been nerfed. (u/GiantJellyfishAttack)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever make it so you can play this game with a gamepad? I really don't like playing a twitchy action game with keyboard and mouse. I know people like that, but when I have to dodge shit none stop in an action game, I prefer to use a controller.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Congrats to the hardcore players who got there skills up. They will be the last ones still playing this game. I am out. They added so many nerfs with only a few positive additions. The Orb one was better but honestly why do dungeons have keys at all? The little bit of fun I had 1 grouping Priests is pretty much gone and even that fun was very limiting.

Will be interesting I guess to see what happens to this game in 6 months. If it takes a couple of years, there will most likely be something better coming out by then.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This trailer cracks me up. They make it look like there was this huge girth of content added, which if you take out all the nerfs - you get two quests with Varangians, which can be done in about 3 minutes total and the Void Gauntlet. Lol ffs.

On a different note, they really need to have a company ledger. Im seeing more and more posts / threads about guild leaders being caught selling gold. I honestly dont blame them. Own EF, make 100k in taxes - sell half of it and pocket 200 bucks that week. I personally would like to see a portion of the taxes get spread out to the members of the guild, say like half a percent. But regardless, a company ledger would cut out that bullshit.
100K? I know youre generalizing here but on the big servers those territories make millions a week. And you god damn right they are selling that gold, lol. What else do you think they are doing with it? Giving it back to the company? LOL? Thats like a cool $3-4K a week

Last edited:

Daidraco

100K? I know youre generalizing here but on the big servers those territories make millions a week. And you god damn right they are selling that gold, lol. What else do you think they are doing with it? Giving it back to the company? LOL? Thats like a cool $3-4K a week
Ya, just an example. Really just want a ledger. If all a company is doing is funneling funds to a single person that literally puts nothing towards anyone else, then I'd rather watch that company burn. Game is just busted on so many levels and I'm continuously dumb founded that I still want to log in and play at times.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever make it so you can play this game with a gamepad? I really don't like playing a twitchy action game with keyboard and mouse. I know people like that, but when I have to dodge shit none stop in an action game, I prefer to use a controller.

You can play with a controller in steam regardless of game. Just download or make up your own config. I would do it while I was gathering/fishing pretty often.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, just an example. Really just want a ledger. If all a company is doing is funneling funds to a single person that literally puts nothing towards anyone else, then I'd rather watch that company burn. Game is just busted on so many levels and I'm continuously dumb founded that I still want to log in and play at times.
It took this patch for me to actually want to stop logging in. I was putting up with certain aspects of it but when they decided to make it even more difficult for the players that were not hardcore or being fed by a guild, I knew my time was finished. The reward for going through the process of maxing out a number just does not make all the time required worth the effort. I would just rather go back to other games at this point. That does not even include all of the bugs that still exist, old and new.

• 1Solidarity