New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah im kinda losing my interest to log in anymore as well. Just nothing to do other than some elite runs for a few hours a day, maybe push one of my crafting jobs to 200? ZZZZZZ

At least more people are flagging. LOL we ran into Asmonds guild last night probably 20 of them flagged up while we were running out of north reek farm there was 2 groups of us. Anyway we wiped them with a few of our own casualties and then a few min later we see them coming back unflagged, lol.

In south reek farm we saw a mini zerg of purples running to boss #2 the one thats upstairs. Anyway we saw them all up there upstairs, so we run in, ice gauntlet AOE, hammers out and wiped the shit out of them too. Good times. But we got handed our asses in Myrkguard too. Some zergs just cannot be beaten, lol.

I mean, stuff like that is cool and all but just not enough. I want more content, more weapon quests, armor quests, upgrade quests, that are actually worth to grind for. More territory to explore, just more end game type stuff to do at 60. Who gives a shit about them adding lv20 mobs somewhere?

On our old server when we pushed on territories people actually pushed back, which lead to some awesome PvP fights. But on Olympus no one pushes back. When anyone pushes a territory its like a freebie. THen RNG to see whos company gets the fight.

We had 3 territories as a company on our old server so we had to push back if we didnt want 3 wars at the same time, lol.

Last edited:

Cybsled

It's pretty easy to train people in this with virtually no risk of aggro, because aggro mechanics in this game are fucking dumb

1) Shoot musket near an enemy - they aggro from close shots. Shoot from approximately where you want the mob to go
2) Mob goes to where you WERE, not where you are now, so don't be near that shooting spot
3) Mob pauses and aggros on whoever is close to where they stop

1 person can easily wipe a zerg in Myrk now with how fucking jacked the NPCs are, and that is the problem. The devs apparently have no experience with any online games and the mentality of people who play them. They're probably thinking "well, it will be a prisoner's dilemma! They'll realize that people get more loot if they don't do this". Except that assumes the prisoners are rational. The dilemma logic problem falls apart when there are insane prisoners that just want to watch everyone suffer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even day one of this patch people already figured out and faction chat was spamming with "All yellow pvp flagged runs in Shattered at 9pm" Who the fuck is going to go there with one group now unless you dont flag and miss out on the 10% luck?

And one person is nit wiping a zerg. There might be casualties, but the zerg will zeg on, trust. I mean if you mean a zerg of 20 people than maybe. There was 100+ yellows when I went there last night. And people of other factions were trying just that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Right if it is 100 that is one thing. But lower pop servers you're usually seeing a zerg of maybe 30-40ish tops if it is a faction only run.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I've not seen a playerbase so universally unhappy and pissed in quite a while. It's pretty impressive.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've not seen a playerbase so universally unhappy and pissed in quite a while. It's pretty impressive.
Wow, went over to the Reddit for it, which almost always has people excusing shit for the developers and it's 100% negative. This game is dead.

Less than 50k players in US East on a Friday evening. Shit, my server is at 25% capacity apparently. None of them are at capacity.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wow, went over to the Reddit for it, which almost always has people excusing shit for the developers and it's 100% negative. This game is dead.

Less than 50k players in US East on a Friday evening. Shit, my server is at 25% capacity apparently. None of them are at capacity.
Yup. Every single thread is anger and disappointment and those people were always excusing shit and posting positive memes.

I'd pay good money to see the faces of the AGS team as they realize how badly they fucked up. If they do at all I guess, since they seem to live entirely in their own universe and seem to pay 0 attention to the people actually playing the game and they seem to have 0 people working there with mmorpg experience.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well,

I would like to raise a toast to CD Projekt RED . You are no longer the only major company to release a bug ridden game that did not deliver on good foundational mechanics. I would add that Amazon went even further and actually made their game worse. That is an impressive feat.

I get to add Amazon to the list of companies that I will not buy computer gaming related stuff from without some damn good reviews that include this board.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NA East Server, Friday evening ... less than 300 players. It's pretty much another nail in the coffin for this game. (I had such hopes for this one too)
1637368008620.png

• 2Worf

Cybsled

My server has 372 currently - no one running elites because of the changes

Shit is fucking boring

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
LOL look at this CS response about PTR:

No humility at all. Deflect blame, tell the players they are wrong, and make excuses.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I haven't picked up the game yet just because been busy with work. Was thinking about picking it up and playing it during the holidays.

Been trying to keep up with the thread just to get a gauge of what's going on with the game and to maybe learn some stuff prior to purchasing. I don't know much about what the patch changes mean, but is it advisable to maybe hold off and wait?

I know it's been said over and over for 40 bucks you'll get hours of entertainment and that's the only reason I'm still interested, but I'd like to be able to do multiplayer dungeons and maybe some pvp with other folks.

I know server merges are supposed to be in the future, or at least some of you guys have stated that. I don't want to land on a shit server and be totally screwed. I just wonder if it's going to be more of a final fantasy 14 type situation were they revamp stuff and it turns out awesome, or will the game be truly dead at this point. It's not like I don't have the other games to play, or other shit to do with my free time. Was just excited for an MMO experience like The Secret World, what's the game reminds me of the most.

Maybe I answered my own question just now. Just wondering what some of you guys that have been playing it since beta and launch would suggest.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
  • Replaced Everfall well and Mourningdale statue with a fountain - this was an intentional change that was made in preparation for an upcoming player event.
Lol they are even responding to the well change. They must be in a state of petrification.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I haven't picked up the game yet just because been busy with work. Was thinking about picking it up and playing it during the holidays.

Been trying to keep up with the thread just to get a gauge of what's going on with the game and to maybe learn some stuff prior to purchasing. I don't know much about what the patch changes mean, but is it advisable to maybe hold off and wait?

I know it's been said over and over for 40 bucks you'll get hours of entertainment and that's the only reason I'm still interested, but I'd like to be able to do multiplayer dungeons and maybe some pvp with other folks.

I know server merges are supposed to be in the future, or at least some of you guys have stated that. I don't want to land on a shit server and be totally screwed. I just wonder if it's going to be more of a final fantasy 14 type situation were they revamp stuff and it turns out awesome, or will the game be truly dead at this point. It's not like I don't have the other games to play, or other shit to do with my free time. Was just excited for an MMO experience like The Secret World, what's the game reminds me of the most.

Maybe I answered my own question just now. Just wondering what some of you guys that have been playing it since beta and launch would suggest.
It's still fun for long enough to be worth the money, but that is fading very quickly. Either get it now or wait until some kind of new server comes out or new start.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If you do pick it up, know that it's far easier to get gold while leveling and questing, than when you hit 60 and run out of quests. Even worse if your server is so dead the gold giving PvP instance never pops. At 60 with no quests it's a full time job keeping up with repair bills and taxes, with not much income. tl;dr don't spend much on the marketplace for upgrades while leveling. Should be plenty of stuff for cheap.

Sounds like you're going for a more casual attempt, so if you think you'll get $40 worth of story/world building then go for it.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just logged in after a few days to see 1.5 levels of rested xp. Ran around doing random faction and town shit in MD and got a quick level to 58.5. Will come back in a few days once rested is full again and continue to do the same.

• 1Worf