New World

LoadedDice

Trakanon Raider
I was playing a lot since I knew the crafting exp nerf was coming, but now that it's here; it feels like there's no rush to play.

I saw a lot of the bug reports of the servers jumping ahead 20-90 days (massive downgrades in every city), people losing attribute points when respeccing, and losing TP money when offline (it's back again??) and thought: "Think I'll stop playing for at least a little bit."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't picked up the game yet just because been busy with work. Was thinking about picking it up and playing it during the holidays.

Been trying to keep up with the thread just to get a gauge of what's going on with the game and to maybe learn some stuff prior to purchasing. I don't know much about what the patch changes mean, but is it advisable to maybe hold off and wait?

I know it's been said over and over for 40 bucks you'll get hours of entertainment and that's the only reason I'm still interested, but I'd like to be able to do multiplayer dungeons and maybe some pvp with other folks.

I know server merges are supposed to be in the future, or at least some of you guys have stated that. I don't want to land on a shit server and be totally screwed. I just wonder if it's going to be more of a final fantasy 14 type situation were they revamp stuff and it turns out awesome, or will the game be truly dead at this point. It's not like I don't have the other games to play, or other shit to do with my free time. Was just excited for an MMO experience like The Secret World, what's the game reminds me of the most.

Maybe I answered my own question just now. Just wondering what some of you guys that have been playing it since beta and launch would suggest.
Pick a High Pop server, play casually and just enjoy the ride. All the "worst" changes are things that are happening at max or near max level. They have been doing bits here and there to spice up leveling. Only advice I can give you is if you start in the very southern tip of the map "First Light" - just delete the character and reroll and keep rerolling to Windsward or* Monarchs. Either of those two have much better leveling experiences. Windsward is my preferred area cause you dont have to walk around huge mountain lines.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't picked up the game yet just because been busy with work. Was thinking about picking it up and playing it during the holidays.

Been trying to keep up with the thread just to get a gauge of what's going on with the game and to maybe learn some stuff prior to purchasing. I don't know much about what the patch changes mean, but is it advisable to maybe hold off and wait?

I know it's been said over and over for 40 bucks you'll get hours of entertainment and that's the only reason I'm still interested, but I'd like to be able to do multiplayer dungeons and maybe some pvp with other folks.

I know server merges are supposed to be in the future, or at least some of you guys have stated that. I don't want to land on a shit server and be totally screwed. I just wonder if it's going to be more of a final fantasy 14 type situation were they revamp stuff and it turns out awesome, or will the game be truly dead at this point. It's not like I don't have the other games to play, or other shit to do with my free time. Was just excited for an MMO experience like The Secret World, what's the game reminds me of the most.

Maybe I answered my own question just now. Just wondering what some of you guys that have been playing it since beta and launch would suggest.
Personally id wait 6 months to a year for the re-release ala FF14...shit is that bad.

I had zero expectations going in to this game and wont shill for or against any company or game...simply state reasons I like / hate it and move on.

Most people love new shineys. New World was the new shiney for a few weeks. I would be lying if i didnt say I got $40 of entertainment out of it, but that was while there were 100s of people running around and exploring the world and systems. Now, you log on and guilds that had 90+ peeps all show 1 or 2 online only.

There is no carrot on the stick to grind for. The pvp is god fucking awful, the exploits are a dime a dozen, 99% of all quests are " bear ass " quests. Literally start in one corner of a zone and get a quest to go to the complete opposite side of the zone to kill 3 mobs and run back. The crafting is fucking awful....make 500k items with 2 million mats to make shit you will never need / use to go to lvl to max and hope maybe you can make a max lvl item that is worthwhile....all while on a dead empty server.

Or take pvp...every server will have a top heavy faction and roflstomp the other 2. Instead of the other 2 factions ganging up...they just transfer off to another server to join the winning zerg, if they dont outright quit.

The combat was fun, the zones looked good, and it was fun for a few weeks until you realized every single fucking system in the game was broken in some sort or another.

Literally is zero carrot at the end of the stick to waste your time with this abortion of a game.

When they do a re-release next year with all this shit fixed and fresh servers, maybe it would be worth revisiting....now....hell no.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I stumbled upon Morrow Morrow 's character while surfing Dev Response threads, thanks to that link
bb41f6105dc1acbe6caf6d5f9c883138ca197944.jpeg

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Dev blog shows they're fucking idiots

"lul buffs intended, except 2 specific things. which we will change...sometime"

Daidraco

Dev blog shows they're fucking idiots

"lul buffs intended, except 2 specific things. which we will change...sometime"
Ha, half that shit comes off as "fuck you, we'll do again and worse!" I'd much prefer them to scale or take back all the dumb shit that this patch has done to the late game and if they really want to grind the fucking breaks off the game - do it next tier where we dont know any better. Retroactively going back to shit almost 2 months after release and nerfing it into the ground just burns every player that didnt commit to those areas earlier.
goofy-trial.gif

But in the mean time, I'll just dick around in this game till Im ultimately bored with it. Nothing they changed in this patch overly fucks me in what I was already doing. Im really wanting server merges at this point just so I can run Genesis and Lazarus more than just a couple times a month.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im lvl 34 and killed a lvl 60 rapier/musket and almost killed a lvl 60 fire mage LOL.

I figured out a perma stun combo with my spear build I been working on.

Javelin>Sweep>Vault Kick>Javelin>Sweep>Vault Kick, rinse repeat.

You have to make sure you start vault kick RIGHT after you land coupe de grace to downed opponent so they stay disabled, if you do it too late they can get up after coupe and break the chain. If your lucky you can land the kick and start it over again but it works best if you keep it going obviously.

If you get sharp with it you can literally doom someone by simply landing one javelin attack. With the right skills you can easily hit someone for 1k plus while they are on the ground with coupe. I cant imagine how bad it is going to be once I get to 60 with leg weapon.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the feedback, gents. I think I'm just going to try to finish up Wrath of the Righteous, and tie flies / fish instead.

Hopefully they work out the BS, and I can hit it up for the first time in a few months.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pick a High Pop server, play casually and just enjoy the ride. All the "worst" changes are things that are happening at max or near max level. They have been doing bits here and there to spice up leveling. Only advice I can give you is if you start in the very southern tip of the map "First Light" - just delete the character and reroll and keep rerolling to Windsward or* Monarchs. Either of those two have much better leveling experiences. Windsward is my preferred area cause you dont have to walk around huge mountain lines.
First Light is where I learned how to love parkour.

• 1Barf

Cybsled

My server is such a shitshow right now

So for a long time, server was fairly balanced. Yellow was a semi-underdog, but they owned Everfall and Brightwood. Everfall was the only territory that had not fallen since the first wars

So about few weeks ago, a bunch of yellows transfer to our server. They're all hardcore sweat lords and suddenly they start hitting the major territories. They take Windsward from the greens, and Cutlass Keys and Monarchs from the purples. Purple comes back and gets back Cutlass and Monarchs, but green stalls on Windsward. They push it to war literally twice in a row and fail both times. Green gets really disenfranchised and one of the dominant green powers on the server quits, leaving Weavers and Morningdale on life support. Yellow sets their sights on Purple, trying to push Monarchs to war multiple times. People start faction swapping to yellow.

Then, suddenly, the yellow company that owned Brightwood is backstabbed. The company governor basically steals the entire treasury, more or less disbands the company, and transfers off the server. Brightwood is immediately pounced on by the greens, with support from the purples. Brightwood falls because it is just a bunch of randos. The company of yellows that xfered over here starts gunning hard for purple - and then THEY get backstabbed by the other major yellow companies on the server. The companies that owned Everfall and Windsward have their core rosters also transfer off server. The sweat lords suddenly can't field enough experienced PVPers to be a significant threat. The bandwagon people who swapped are getting all salty. Now Everfall and Windsward have war declared on them by green and purple.

Unfortunately, all sides are bleeding players right now, either to quitting or people using their xfer token. Myrk runs are all but extinct because of the dumb fuck changes this patch and people are getting bored. OPRs take forever to queue, and you only see level 60 dungeon runs being advertised maybe a few times a day, if that. Invasions are still overtuned and big RNG fests. War lag is frustrating people.

The changes this patch really are only accelerating what probably what would have happened anyways, but they really need to merge servers and roll back/scale back some of these changes they pushed through. They also need to just admit defeat on their stupid orb system for dungeons and make it a daily-run type deal, or give you free orbs once a day as a login reward or whatever.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yup the changes are very, very quickly killing the game on top of wars being so laggy. Nobody wants to fight in wars because it's literally 50v50 statues and then the pve stuff is also fucked. I have 500 hours and top gear but haven't done lazarus or genesis or any arena. Like wtf? It's because I was too afraid to use my precious orbs before max watermark and didn't fit into one of the groups that did go and I felt bad joining any of the newbs that used off their orbs, so I never got a chance. And even now I just don't feel like paying 2k for a slot or fielding a group that will not suck and will beat the dungeon and not waste my orb. It's sad but also hilarious, because it doesn't seem they are going to do anything about it, and I want the team or whoever is in charge to suffer for fucking up so bad. I mean they are still making petulant, insolent responses.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yup the changes are very, very quickly killing the game on top of wars being so laggy. Nobody wants to fight in wars because it's literally 50v50 statues and then the pve stuff is also fucked. I have 500 hours and top gear but haven't done lazarus or genesis or any arena. Like wtf? It's because I was too afraid to use my precious orbs before max watermark and didn't fit into one of the groups that did go and I felt bad joining any of the newbs that used off their orbs, so I never got a chance. And even now I just don't feel like paying 2k for a slot or fielding a group that will not suck and will beat the dungeon and not waste my orb. It's sad but also hilarious, because it doesn't seem they are going to do anything about it, and I want the team or whoever is in charge to suffer for fucking up so bad. I mean they are still making petulant, insolent responses.

Why do Lazerus or Genesis anyway, I think the chests are still bugged and only dropping 500 GS stuff?

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's bizarre to me they haven't merged any servers yet.

There are probably between 5 and 8 servers with what'd be a "healthy" population (not full, but close to full). And then like 70 of them that are all but empty.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do Lazerus or Genesis anyway, I think the chests are still bugged and only dropping 500 GS stuff?

Why play the game at all? This game has done so many things wrong. Why do you honor them with your presence? I could perhaps understand it if you had not hit 60th. Enjoy the game for what it is up to 60th but after that, move on from this piece of shit game.

You want to send a real signal? Stop playing. Then when the servers have almost no population, they will be forced to shut down or actually listen to the community and do something positive for the game.

I would love to think that this game will turn it around. The only way that has a chance is if players would stop playing and thus send the appropriate signal.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The Lazarus and Genesis chests were fixed this most recent patch. They still suck dick 99 out of 100 times though, from all the many times I've watched them opened on streams.

Point is, I'm one of the people that loves this game more than just about anybody else, playing it as much as I have for as long as I have, and yet I haven't had a chance to do some of the content because it's that badly designed and gatekept. I've played in like 30 wars and won like 15 wars, but haven't gotten to do any end game instanced content. And the reverse is true for many other people.