New World

Cybsled

Got banned with message ‘suspicious activity’ no other details, and no response from Amazon. I didn’t even run any bot software or anything like that. I liked to hang out by ori nodes and mine them while working, so sometimes I’d be doing that 10+ hours a day. Guessing I got my ass algorithmed . Oh well, on to endwalker

Interesting. There is a level 47 gathering bot on our server. One thing I noticed is that it takes long breaks between harvest runs. They're probably looking for stuff like "only harvests 24/7" as a red flag.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Got banned with message ‘suspicious activity’ no other details, and no response from Amazon. I didn’t even run any bot software or anything like that. I liked to hang out by ori nodes and mine them while working, so sometimes I’d be doing that 10+ hours a day. Guessing I got my ass algorithmed . Oh well, on to endwalker
What a clown company. Make a game where gathering resources is a required, encouraged, primary system of the game. Ban someone who appears to be just gathering all day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol guys a bunch of people are logging on with like 146 coins total. The coin reimbursement thing is fucked and is not reimbursing coin, but changing people's total coin to that number. Other people are randomly getting like 150k, one person got 300k So, more free duped coin LOL.

So a bunch of servers have to get a rollback. LOL you can't make this shit up.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I logged in and didn't get squat. I did, however, notice that one of the last major 200 furniture person moved off server.

So maybe in a month when you can trade furniture again, I'll be rich COPIUM

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
On some servers in EU, motes were up to 200 gold per. It was madness before the servers got shut down.

It's insane how incompetent these people are. It wasn't just like they gave everyone a little too much extra gold and there were unforeseen consequences like a stimulus check that was too big, they literally added too many decimals somewhere.

And remember to consider this fact too: New World has only 1 type of coin, unlike a game like Everquest that works in base copper, so they fucked up what should have been a simple task. So now that is on hold, meanwhile, animals still can't be mined for motes. They delay everything that might help you indefinitely, but can nerf/shut things down within an hour. What a fucking joke.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I logged in and didn't get squat. I did, however, notice that one of the last major 200 furniture person moved off server.

So maybe in a month when you can trade furniture again, I'll be rich COPIUM
Then you will get banned because you have to much Gold. This implies that you duped. Do not deny it. Just accept that the system works and that you were wrong.

I cannot think of any online game in history that has looked so bad in the way it has been managed. I remember all the problems Ultima Online had but at least the game still remained fun until Everquest came out.

They have managed to decrease the fun, while breaking the foundation of the system. They have done that, without addressing many bugs and servers issues that are still apparent. They did however add content........

This is much more enjoyable to watch without ever logging into the game.

Its the reverse Donkey Kong. How low can you go....

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol they shut the servers down to give people their harvesting gear back and compensate gold and they literally fucked both of these things up. The harvesting gear had incorrect stats so they had to reverse that and now they gave people too much gold. It legit feels like either someone is intentionally sabotaging the game from the inside or they are intentionally trying to kill their own game for whatever reason.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol they shut the servers down to give people their harvesting gear back and compensate gold and they literally fucked both of these things up. The harvesting gear had incorrect stats so they had to reverse that and now they gave people too much gold. It legit feels like either someone is intentionally sabotaging the game from the inside or they are intentionally trying to kill their own game for whatever reason.
Yep. Been saying that for a couple weeks now in this thread lol. How executive level isnt going ape shit by now is beyond me.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From the Article..

"The original code name for the game was Roanoke, named after Sir Walter Raleigh’s failed settlements in the 16th century"

They should have gone with the name. it would have been so fitting.

"Still, several Amazon employees are optimistic about the title. It has received positive buzz from streamers and is the kind of ambitious project Bezos is known to support, employees say."

Streamers who were paid to give positive feedback? Most thought the game needed a lot more time.

Reading that article printed January 2021 just adds to the thought that any game by Amazon is a hard pass until vetted by players. This will include "New Everquest" if that is being worked on.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Valheim is a better game.
im out half baked GIF

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
On some servers in EU, motes were up to 200 gold per. It was madness before the servers got shut down.

It's insane how incompetent these people are. It wasn't just like they gave everyone a little too much extra gold and there were unforeseen consequences like a stimulus check that was too big, they literally added too many decimals somewhere.

And remember to consider this fact too: New World has only 1 type of coin, unlike a game like Everquest that works in base copper, so they fucked up what should have been a simple task. So now that is on hold, meanwhile, animals still can't be mined for motes. They delay everything that might help you indefinitely, but can nerf/shut things down within an hour. What a fucking joke.
That's a complaint I've seen elsewhere. Shit like portals being broken for 2 (or was it 3?) weeks at launch, but anything that's a benefit to the player? Shut. It. Down.

Have they even fixed those 580 weapon quests that had the bugged NPC? I know that one lasted a minimum of 6 weeks.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
That's a complaint I've seen elsewhere. Shit like portals being broken for 2 (or was it 3?) weeks at launch, but anything that's a benefit to the player? Shut. It. Down.

Have they even fixed those 580 weapon quests that had the bugged NPC? I know that one lasted a minimum of 6 weeks.
Ya got that fixed a week ago amazingly. All of the Malevolence bosses now spawn normally.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So much weird shit goes on.

I’m 200 stone cutting so I can make tuning orbs. People on Eden are perfectly fine to pay 1k to run Genesis and 1.5k to run Lazarus. It’s an interesting end game economic situation. The chisels of course cost a lot, and if you don’t farm your own mats the rest will obviously add up to even more. But it is still unlike anything I’ve ever encountered in a mmo.

I’ve seen plenty of fuckers pay for carries in other games, especially dps, but even tanks and healers? It’s crazy af. I don’t personally charge tanks and healers, but since it is an accepted practice, I’m charging the other 2 dps that join. That covers my personal cost for the key and a bit of a “tip” for the garbage players that can’t follow the easy as hell mechanics in those two dungeons.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So much weird shit goes on.

I’m 200 stone cutting so I can make tuning orbs. People on Eden are perfectly fine to pay 1k to run Genesis and 1.5k to run Lazarus. It’s an interesting end game economic situation. The chisels of course cost a lot, and if you don’t farm your own mats the rest will obviously add up to even more. But it is still unlike anything I’ve ever encountered in a mmo.

I’ve seen plenty of fuckers pay for carries in other games, especially dps, but even tanks and healers? It’s crazy af. I don’t personally charge tanks and healers, but since it is an accepted practice, I’m charging the other 2 dps that join. That covers my personal cost for the key and a bit of a “tip” for the garbage players that can’t follow the easy as hell mechanics in those two dungeons.
I was curious how players were adapting to the mechanics of keys after all this time. So thanks for enlightening me on that. I'm still firmly in the camp that you should be able to run dungeons for free and if you want a luck bonus, then use an orb. They have no problem giving a 10% bonus with PVP, but a 30% bonus would be well worth the effort of making them I believe. Mutated Dungeons with a luck bonus and an orb would be almost Diablo-esque in style. Also, the end boss of Lazarus.. he is going to be an absolute nightmare on high mutations I believe. Cilla is rough, but people pushing out the resets for as long as they can is probably the end game route for her. Aluvium in Genesis though, he's just going to be rough af on higher difficulty.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
End boss in lazzy might be more difficult if he does more dmg in last phase. Might need 2 heals for that if they buff that dmg. Otherwise the fight is an absolute joke. Ranged have a safe spot and melee rarely get hit and if they do its not for much. The firs boss in geni is now 100% more difficult than it was. His little death wave got changed to hit twice now, his blight fog does way more dmg. And of course the adds.

I honesty would dread doing these in a pug. Most peeps are idiots. But I guess you can sell orb by tp into the dungeon then leaving the group so then a 5th can enter if hes standing outside. Quick 5K golds. So much for no drop orbs.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So yeh after giving up on Bow, and rolling a new life/Spear character Im kind of salted, as it turns out Bow is pretty fucking good.

I got raped 3 times by a bow dude last night, I hit him with everything I had just couldnt do dick to him. He was 7 lvls higher than me but still, I have killed a lvl 60 at lvl 34, I should be able to kill a lvl 41. I had no shot though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's actually kind of hilarious that they are going to leave EU without a marketplace for probably weeks. Also hilarious that there are quests to mine the wood doggos that you just can't do now, and that they still haven't scaled back named elite hp and tons of newer players are just quitting in frustration when they hit various main quest roadblocks that require them to kill a lvl 35 mob that behaves as if it is now level 65.