New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bull shit, my weapon crafting is at 175 I just barely got it there before the even bigger cocokblock they inserted last patch. So yeah I do know how many mats it takes and its a shit ton. I spent well over 30K golds to get it there and while doing 3K-4K iron runs and farming gators for leathers for god knows how long on my own in my super secret leet place for weeks. Oh and on top of all this is the shit storage you have to deal with too. With Azoth costs to get around or else your running just to collect your shit from storage.

And then ok you get the weapon crafting to 200 and then what? You automatically get BIS gear? Fuck no. The BOP shit still takes 5-10k gold legendary mat to craft and about 2 days worth of CD mats of my own and other CD mats I need to buy for even more gold. Other droppable shit from Geni or Lazzy thats rare as fuck too. And if I want to craft some shit to sell? Its a wonder why they call it gambling in this game. Not to even mention the 3 houses filled with 40K gold trophies and full serts of rare ass weapon crafting clothes.

Grind ontop of grind in order to grind and gable some more.

Here you go, an achievement I got when I hit 175 weaponsmith, god knows how many more I need to craft to get the last 25 skill ups...

1638584216615.png

Notice the amount of peeps that have this, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Bull shit, my weapon crafting is at 175 I just barely got it there before the even bigger cocokblock they inserted last patch. So yeah I do know how many mats it takes and its a shit ton. I spent well over 30K golds to get it there and while doing 3K-4K iron runs and farming gators for leathers for god knows how long on my own in my super secret leet place for weeks. Oh and on top of all this is the shit storage you have to deal with too. With Azoth costs to get around or else your running just to collect your shit from storage.

And then ok you get the weapon crafting to 200 and then what? You automatically get BIS gear? Fuck no. The BOP shit still takes 5-10k gold legendary mat to craft and about 2 days worth of CD mats of my own and other CD mats I need to buy for even more gold. Other droppable shit from Geni or Lazzy thats rare as fuck too. And if I want to craft some shit to sell? Its a wonder why they call it gambling in this game. Not to even mention the 3 houses filled with 40K gold trophies and full serts of rare ass weapon crafting clothes.

Grind ontop of grind in order to grind and gable some more.

Here you go, an achievement I got when I hit 175 weaponsmith, god knows how many more I need to craft to get the last 25 skill ups...

View attachment 386007

Notice the amount of peeps that have this, lol.
You gonn' be real mad when you see that the weaponsmith pants are like 80k

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im not mad anymore I jsut quit for now. Like I said gonna give this one some time to brew a little longer. Same shit with my guild too, like 75% people dropped off the last few weeks. Most of which were our core daily players and core war group.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Im not mad anymore I jsut quit for now. Like I said gonna give this one some time to brew a little longer. Same shit with my guild too, like 75% people dropped off the last few weeks. Most of which were our core daily players and core war group.
Ya I hear you. Honestly tho the problem isn't so much with it taking a long time to max out trade skills now. A big part of the problem is that there is essentially zero use whatsoever for anything but maxed out 200 crafters due to there being way too much gear dropping early/mid levels on top of leveling being way too fast as well as no need to make alts/twinks etc. All of those factors combined really destroy almost all of the necessity of crafting. In games like DAoC there was a decent market for mid range items because people twinked alts and usually used them to PvP in the level 30 and 40 battlegrounds.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep, crafting isnt really the reason I quit, there was just nothing really to do. Other than the 2hrs spent on doing daily chest/elite runs and maybe a few games of rush which is boring as fuck IMO. Also i dont even think they LET you make alts on same server. YOu would actually have to buy another copy to do so. Might be worth for the storage alone, lol. if youre a gamer.

Rush would not be even that bad to grind out if they had some long term goals like WOW did with their battlegrounds and faction grind. Some good gear and trinkets at the end of the grind. I also think they need like 2 or 3 more of these PVP BG game modes that a re different. Having one with no long term shit to grind for is just boring.

Did you see the reddit dude opening up 100 rush boxes? Yeah....

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not the grind that is the issue. I got 200 armory. Its the weak limp carrot you get for the grind. I will go through the trouble to get to a point, if the point is actually worth getting too. The word Legendary gets thrown around as badly as the word friends does in this day and age of computing. There is no item in this game that makes me want to put in the effort. No item looks badass or acts it, in relationship to an item that took me relatively no time to acquire.

Most of that is due to the fact that every item has to be balanced in relation to Player verse Player. I enjoyed the time when hatchet was bugged. It was fun going around and dealing with groups of 63+ and dispatching 2 Elites at the same time. I was not invincible, but it allowed me to farm a little easier. All you heard was how awful the hatchet bug was in PvP. I wonder if the bug would have been fixed nearly as fast if the PvP element of it had not existed. I hate that a new game did not figure out a way to separate power between the PvE world and the PvP world.

Sigh..still not interesting enough for me to come back yet.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Gonna be real lul when the bop crafting stuff also downgrades. That was supposed to be a reward for the actual crafter, but even now, there's only like 2 that are decent. Crafting the bop laz stuff is stupid, you're better off doing orich and selling the duds rather than having them go to waste.

Maybe they'll do something with the new system where you can force a 2nd stat, but we'll see. As it is, crafters got fucked.

I'll repeat, insane: incompetent devs. They absolutely don't play the game.

• 2Like

Cybsled

They appear to be in the process of doing the first server merge - 2 mid pop servers in EU (600ish average each)

EU gets to be the guinea pigs lol

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Maybe they'll do something with the new system where you can force a 2nd stat, but we'll see. As it is, crafters got fucked.
They're doing that with expedition bosses. They will now drop a material that can be used while crafting to guarantee a stat + perk making it MUCH easier to craft items you want and good items overall. One of the few good changes they're making.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The list of shit coming in the next update has gotten much longer and some of it is pretty great. Some of this stuff never should have been a problem anyways, but at least theyre fixing it now. However, here are the list of undocumented nerfs.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1638676783317.png

Once again 1 step forward, 2 steps back. 600g to roll up a cast, lol.

Thank god all my shit is 590+ except of course, jewelry.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs funny how people were bitching about the watermark system, in which I thought whatever. I personally didnt think the system was all that bad. It got us out there nightly doing POI for chances of good loot and higher gear score. I mean what else are you gonna do in this game with no end game in it? I actually looked forward to the nightly runs shooting shit with people on discord. It was not that bad of a grind really. It took me like a month of running that shit every night maybe a bit less to get all my shit to 590+

So here is your change folks Congrats on your bitching.... By all accounts by reddit theory mathematicians is that GS climb has been nerfed and worst of all you now have a new gold sink to get your gear score higher.

LOOOOL

I honestly feel bad for the dudes that skipped the WM grind entirely and thought they were big brained at the time buying all their high GS shit on the market. Now they get to do it in the new and improved grind. LOOOL

Or probably just quit the game.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is the classic Dev flapping cycle: "people are running out of things to do!" "I know, let's make everything take longer!" Not considering that everyone who is looking for things to do has already done the stuff you are now adding extreme grind to, and people just getting there know this grind wasn't there before. So you are probably blowing out people who are playing your game and since the game has been out for months now, there aren't many new players to come in who haven't seen it previously.

I expected there to be bugs. I didn't expect the Devs to be noobs.

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lumi Lumi , g/f transferred to Calnogor or w/e just a minute ago and it looks great. Next time I log on, I'm going to go ahead and go there. Havent seen that many people in several weeks.
Nice ya I moved last night. Full OPR's even at 4am, pretty crazy. Game is much more enjoyable now although I still feel far less motivated to play now. Simply too many things wrong with the game still.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

View attachment 386178

Once again 1 step forward, 2 steps back. 600g to roll up a cast, lol.

Thank god all my shit is 590+ except of course, jewelry.

Devs already posted they plan to "significantly" reduce the costs when it goes live.

They're also adding jewelry to elite chests/elite areas, so you'll have chances to raise your jewelry GS more regularly than you can now

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ITs funny how people were bitching about the watermark system, in which I thought whatever. I personally didnt think the system was all that bad. It got us out there nightly doing POI for chances of good loot and higher gear score. I mean what else are you gonna do in this game with no end game in it? I actually looked forward to the nightly runs shooting shit with people on discord. It was not that bad of a grind really. It took me like a month of running that shit every night maybe a bit less to get all my shit to 590+

So here is your change folks Congrats on your bitching.... By all accounts by reddit theory mathematicians is that GS climb has been nerfed and worst of all you now have a new gold sink to get your gear score higher.

LOOOOL

I honestly feel bad for the dudes that skipped the WM grind entirely and thought they were big brained at the time buying all their high GS shit on the market. Now they get to do it in the new and improved grind. LOOOL

Or probably just quit the game.
Yeah, looking at those numbers, watermark is nerfed into the ground. Those are horrendous. It was already pretty grindy for anyone who isn't putting in several hours a day. It's now just going to cause people to say fuck it.

Because the reality was, the difference between 500 and 600 was barely even noticeable.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because the reality was, the difference between 500 and 600 was barely even noticeable.
This is one of the largest reasons this game just fails in the end. As I stated before, the game lacks a carrot that makes the time of play a viable option. Why does a player care if a person has 600 over 550? The power difference is negligible and certainly not worth the obscene amount of time required to get there. Until the game gets a ladder based dungeon system, or forced PvP, gear really does not have that much meaning save for making it easier to farm. If that becomes the purpose for gear, it kind of defeats the purpose of farming. Gear needs a high end reason that establishes it's necessity or the game is finished until this reason is made apparent.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, the gypsum system makes a shitty system better. The people that would rather sit at a single spawn like Fay and farm his ass for 50 hours straight boggle my mind. The people that would rather log in and just loot chests and then log off blow my mind. You can do that shit for hours on end and you're not guaranteed a WM upgrade. Gypsum gives a guaranteed upgrade in a fraction of that time.

The complaints are just.. exhausting. Some valid, like the cost that Gypsum casts were originally at. But complaining over shit like the exp difference in logging vs mining for the reward boxes? hurrr durrr f'n retarded.

Lumi Lumi - transferred this morning. I dont believe add friend works when the person is offline, so just message me when you hop on.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is one of the largest reasons this game just fails in the end. As I stated before, the game lacks a carrot that makes the time of play a viable option. Why does a player care if a person has 600 over 550? The power difference is negligible and certainly not worth the obscene amount of time required to get there. Until the game gets a ladder based dungeon system, or forced PvP, gear really does not have that much meaning save for making it easier to farm. If that becomes the purpose for gear, it kind of defeats the purpose of farming. Gear needs a high end reason that establishes it's necessity or the game is finished until this reason is made apparent.
The game needs to decide if it wants to be a PvP game or a PvE game first. Because you cannot have meaningful gear like that in a PvP game, especially in a land grab game where the ones doing the land grabbing end up making shit ton of gold which in turn they can craft into any gear they want. Even with a few weeks of owning that land that guild basically becomes unstoppable then because if gear matters, they have the cash to either buy it or craft it now. They dont even need to farm for it. The top guild on Olympus which owns all the good territory easily clears a million gold a week. Think on that.

Looking back to games like Shadowbane and DAOC, gear did not really matter at all or if it did it was slight differences. Everyone had a set amount of it so the tide of war or the server balance in general would not be tilted by gear/gold/wealth of a guild.

So one on end you want a forced PvP game but then you want gear drops that matter? Did you even think of the repercussions this would have in this game which is still essentially about war and land control?

And once again, the WM system they had before was not that bad. A few hours a night for a month and you were essentially there. This is not bad and not really a long grind in MMO terms, lol. All they had to do is change the UI to fucking show your WM so you can keep better track of it like they are doing. Adding another farm ontop of another farm along with a gold sink does not make the grind better. You guys are fools for thinking this will somehow be better or faster.

Also they are already changing PvP gear and tying it in with GS so good luck in the future trying to dethrone that 1 million gold per week guild that can shit out 600GS crafts 24/7. Because Reddit could not believe that gear was normalized in PvP, lool. Keep listening to reddit....

Last edited: