next Arkham game announced.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People dislike sandbox games 'round these parts. I think that would be a fantastic idea (if pulled off correctly).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hopefully it is more like Asylum where the encounters felt more like going from one puzzle to another. The actual rooms in City seems incredibly small and rarely required any thought to get past them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'd also prefer it go back towards the direction of Asylum. AA had an almost Metroidvania feel to it which is a hell of a lot better than making the game even more open world like.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Even if you liked Asylum better than City, both games had a lot of really good things going on. I don't think one was appreciably worse than the other, just not quite as good would be how I'd characterize it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Out of the potential domain titles, Batman: Arkham Night actually might sound decent.

Batman pretty much took care of business in both games and most episodes of the cartoon series' in a single night. It would be interesting to force a time frame on the game's agenda and create panic situations.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Even if you liked Asylum better than City, both games had a lot of really good things going on. I don't think one was appreciably worse than the other, just not quite as good would be how I'd characterize it.
Dunno I couldn't put AA down at any point the entire game -- even during Croc. AC I kind of felt like I was just going through the motions the entire time. Like I said I never really felt challenged the entire time. Everything seemed very straight forward. Perhaps because I already beat AA on Hard and the mechanics between the two are pretty much identical.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I was hugely disappointed in the Harley Quinn DLC after FoH made a big fuss about it. It wasn't bad, but it I didn't feel like it added as much to the game as people round FoH were making it out to.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
i loved both games
frown.png

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I loved Asylum and actually did everything you could do in it. Never even finished AC. The game just felt like GTA with Batman. While I love me some GTA I couldn't get into AC.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I loved Asylum and actually did everything you could do in it. Never even finished AC. The game just felt like GTA with Batman. While I love me some GTA I couldn't get into AC.
It was far more Zelda than GTA. Each building was like a dungeon with its own theme and boss and you'd usually unlock some new ability or item in the process. I liked AC a lot. I still think AA is slightly better, but not as much as many people here seem to make it.

Blide_sl

shitlord
It would be interesting to force a time frame on the game's agenda and create panic situations.
Not saying that's a bad idea (because it's not) but personally I hate that type of mechanic. I just don't like feeling rushed in games. A few segments like that are fine but not the entire game. If the next game went that direction, I'm not even sure I'd pick it up.

As for the announcement. It's probably on the next gen consoles and that's the reason they've been silent about it. If that turns out to be the case, a fall release doesn't seem that unlikely.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Posting again, because...whatever, deal with it....but seriously, I would pay up to at least 15 bucks for just a set of challenge maps. I love playing those maps more than anything, and even started playing them again. It seems like it would be a very easy task for Rocksteady to crank out some more maps.

Apparently there are also still some undiscovered easter eggs in the game. They're probably lame and obscure but still....

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It was far more Zelda than GTA. Each building was like a dungeon with its own theme and boss and you'd usually unlock some new ability or item in the process. I liked AC a lot. I still think AA is slightly better, but not as much as many people here seem to make it.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts.

.but seriously, I would payup to at least 15 bucksfor just a set of challenge maps.
Whoa. Whoa there buddy, let's not go crazy.