NFT"s

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure what I am looking at here, except probably the biggest scam I have ever witnessed. Really interesting, actually.

1653315909841.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What you sure you don't want to buy the NFT of this horse for $1500?
1653315944402.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want an explanation? Money laundering... the end.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users
The majority of people aren't laundering money. They are just gullible and feel that, because they missed out on crypto, they should move into NFTs. And there are plenty of people in there eagerly waiting for them to do so. That isn't to say that you can't make money, but the 'fundamentals' are not there, and when bear markets come their value gets even more wiped out than anything else. I tell most people I know who invest in them that they are a scam. They are just Dog coins 2.0.

But examples like Beeple's NFT selling for 70 or so odd million USD are simply wealthy people paying to generate public interest. No one paid that much because they wanted the NFT, they paid that much to get more of the public and retail to take look and think they can invest and make money too. It's basically a really expensive advertisement for NFTs.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NFTs are also prime targets for wash trading, i.e. two people trading an item back and forth (or even with themselves under different accounts) to give the illusion of high prices being paid, until eventually some sucker buys it off the scammer and finds it impossible to sell on.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Amod Amod should fix this title and people who use apostrophes to indicate plurals should be IP banned from the internet

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If I own a NFT rock and 80+ ETH I can make this sale as many times as I want to falsify demand so some sucker buys my bag. Not worth paying attention to. There is no connection between the owning and/or buying address and a real person, and no regulation. It is trivial

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The new money laundering. Used to books, but they had to actually print a book. This they just poof and money changes hands.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user