NHL 2016-17 Season

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If he's the next franchise, player 8 more early exits confirmed

Gotta remember, Ovechkin is only signed for the next 4 seasons (including this one). Backstrom only the next 3 including this one. Kuznetsov won't even be 30 yet when both of those deals run out. I don't think it signifies early exits at all for 8 or 19, even if they sign here again, by that point, Kuznetsov will almost assuredly be our most dangerous/best player offensively.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Gotta remember, Ovechkin is only signed for the next 4 seasons (including this one). Backstrom only the next 3 including this one. Kuznetsov won't even be 30 yet when both of those deals run out. I don't think it signifies early exits at all for 8 or 19, even if they sign here again, by that point, Kuznetsov will almost assuredly be our most dangerous/best player offensively.

Haha, I was actually teasing early playoff exits but put the comma in the wrong spot.

Too lazy to look it up, but i'm sure Ovie has a ntc or something, no? If no cup by the time his contract ends you would have to think he tries free agency.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha, I was actually teasing early playoff exits but put the comma in the wrong spot.

Too lazy to look it up, but i'm sure Ovie has a ntc or something, no? If no cup by the time his contract ends you would have to think he tries free agency.

Being too lazy to look it up myself, but I thought for part of the deal he had a limited NTC (list of 10-15 teams he could pick to not be traded to) but at some point I think a full NTC kicks/ed in? Not positive but I expect he'll be here rest of his deal unless he falls off dramatically.