Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds - summer 22, preregistration open - iOS & android

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1650645426015.jpeg

I loved the 2 games on pc, this mobile game seems like a cash grab. Awesome.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
No one's playing this? Weaboo fag shit aside, it seems ok. I like the auto running and shit for mobile.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I play it. It’s ok honestly. I have not paid anything and don’t intend to and I don’t feel blocked or whatever yet. It is heavy auto mode, which is good and bad.

not much customization to character or play, but overall quite decent for a little mobile mmorpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
I like it so far. Day 6 and Level 40 is when it started getting a little grindy. The main quest mobs are 47 and the game warns me I need 20% more CP (rating) to advance. I am fine running repeatable side quests and collections for stat increases though. They do a good job of notifying you when repeatable refresh or world bosses are going to spawn. You can even offline grind with “AI” time, which is novel. I use it to grind collectibles in lower level areas overnight.

There is supposedly an NFT component, but I have no idea how it works. The internet is aids for almost all topics for this game. Every tier list for familiars is a copy paste of the in-game descriptions.

I did throw them $20 for a 4* familiar, just to support Studio Ghibli and Net Marble.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Page is aids, but review is okay.

That reviewer has some odd aversion to the AI, which I actually enjoy. My toon farms things while I go through the 100 menu options and upgrade stuff. When I am done, I can kick in 4 hours of “AI mode” offline farming each day, which I use to grind collectibles or gold. I have never manually controlled my own attacks, only dodges for telegraphed boss attacks.

As far as gacha’s go, this one seems pretty light. I could just be blissfully unaware, but I have not picked up on any familiars or weapons that you absolutely have to reroll or pay to get through event rolls (a la FFRK). I have gotten plenty of 4-stars of each through normal F2P methods.

Inventory space is a concern and has been the only sink for my diamonds (I use tickets for pulls). Pro tip is to hit level 40 (or 43 to unlock Toys) and then run each of the other 4 classes to level 20 for an additional 25 inventory slots EACH. You can reuse your high level familiars, skip all dialogue, and get the Class Upgrade in less than an hour. Since inventory is account wide, all your characters now have an extra 100 slots. In theory you can do this again at level 40, but I think you have to be careful not to cannibalize Main Story Quests from your main character and being forced to grind.

I sort of have a better understanding of the Territe system. Higher level people say it is a serious bottleneck to upgrading familiars and equipment. As a level 46 casual, I haven’t run into that yet. I have max “territe energy” which means I am wasting my daily allotments. Higher energy levels increase your territe drop rates in the Chaos Field dungeon, which is a good place to AI mode farm (form a pickup group for party bonus to drop rates). Every time a mob drops a territe, it consumes 1 energy, which serves as a throttle to the amount you can farm. I haven’t bothered farming it, as I really need to focus on getting my CP to get to one of the higher floors of the Chaos Field first - for the higher drop rates.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user