Night Sky

elidib

Vyemm Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Night Sky

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2022-05-19

Creator: Holden Miller

Cast: Sissy Spacek, J.K. Simmons, Cass Buggé, Adam Bartley, Chai Hansen, Julieta Zylberberg, Rocío Hernández González, Kiah McKirnan

Overview: Irene and Franklin York, a retired couple, have a secret: a Chamber buried in their backyard that miraculously leads to a strange, deserted planet. When an enigmatic young man arrives, the Yorks quiet existence is upended and the mysterious Chamber they thought they knew so well turns out to be much more than they could have ever imagined.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

Another mystery box show. has me intrigued enough to check it out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Amazon Prime, meh...
Amazon Prime, meh...
Amazon Prime, meh...
Amazon Prime, meh...
Amazon Prime, meh...

JK Simmons though

Although

"Chamber buried in their backyard that miraculously leads to a strange, deserted planet. When an enigmatic young man arrives,"

LMAO IT'S LITERALLY OUTER RANGE BUT IN OUTER SPACE.

In the third episode he'll go through the "chamber", spend 30 seconds on the planet and come back to earth and we'll never see it again!

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Urge to watch this clashing with knowledge I'll be fucking pissed when cool shit is teased but ultimately nothing is ever explained.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Having watched all of this, it's not bad. Similarities to Outer Range are more coincidental that anything else, it's a very different type of show.

I give credit for the twist at the end actually resolving a number of outstanding plot holes.

It's not Lost, but it's not Star Trek either, most of the series is on Earth, dealing with every day stuff.

I'd say, 6.5/10 overall ? I'll probably watch a second season if one shows up.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
just starting this. idk, if I would say the similarities to Outer range are coincidental at all so far. only 20 min in, but so far this is almost exactly like outer range... just not retarded, throwing in nonsense murder plots, etc for no reason.

both are character dramas first, with sci fi backgrounds. just outer range was written by insane people.

this starts off in a reasonable position. Old couple, been together for decades, and they have this teleporter in their basement. The show makes it clear, 20-30 years ago, they found and tried to figure it out. but after 30 years of no real answers, its become largely banal to them. well, the man in particular. wife still longs for figuring out the mystery. but old age and failing health is getting to them. everything about this is far more logical then outer range. and the idea of a great mystery, or journey and growing old and failing to achieve that breakthrough is something everyone deals with.

Caliane

So I think this starts out pretty well. but peters out towards the end.

the "young man" arrives, and at no point do they ever confront him about what he knows.

we have this side plot of a mother and daughter we keep flashing to.. and that conflict is done in like 20seconds. and they don't confront THESE people about what THEY know either.

how long it takes to get back to Byron's fate is crazy.

the space suit thing is weird too. not just getting scuba gear. taking lessons.... not thinking of a Geiger counter for radiation..

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I just watched episode one and I feel like I am old. Really? They stretched the shit out of that episode. Could all have been done nice and tight in 15 minutes...

I really hate when series just extend a plot to make 8 or 10 episodes when the story can be told in 4. Had a similar problem with Archive81...

Please tell me this picks up the pace.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Stick a fork in it:

Shame. I enjoyed the first season, other than anything having to do with the granddaughter.

• 1Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Without a second season it's pretty pointless. a lot was set up, nothing was wrapped up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Hard to recommend, without a s2.

theres multiple unresolved plot points.

The missing neighbor. -fatal to the plot. everything about this guy is now pointless.
the other world.- this one is fantastic enough, it could be left an unresolved mystery. the s1 finale standing as an ending.
the rival factions.-left unresolved. hurts the season as a one off badly.
the houseguest.-we learn about nothing about him, and he goes off looking for his dad. hurts the season as a one off badly.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database