Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Didn't see a General thread for the 3DS so making one to have some discussion about the new Nintendo Direct from today with a ton of great game announcements. Including a new Zelda: A Link to the Past game, Earthbound for 3DS Virtual Console, new Yoshi's Island title, and the U.S. release announcement for Square Enix's Bravely Default RPG (best news!).

3DS is kind of a beast now - it's game library is going to be awesome by the end of the year.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So many good announcements, SMT IV, Bravely Default, and Earthbound all made me quite happy. Still kinda sad theres no stand alone new 3DSXL color other than the animal crossing version though

I just want a plain black or white one
frown.png

koljec_sl

shitlord
Got a 3DSXL back in March, and it's been non-stop great games since: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrean Odyssey IV, Luigi's Mansion (got Super Mario 3D for free with that one, too), and just bought the Devil Summoner game. Mix in some older DS titles, and I've got more than I can possibly play.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was thinking about buying a 3DS. My friend was showing me both Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter. Don't know if those two alone justify the 200$ spent, so I'm looking for other suggestions. I enjoy RPGs and Platformers when it comes to handhelds and I haven't owned one since gameboy advance (I think).

Also, the new pokemon would be an option. But I think the last one I played were the ones right after red and blue (silver gold?). How confused would I be if I purchased this.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
3DS is easily the best console atm(srysry).

The reason they don't do white versions in NA anymore is they've historically not sold well(can't remember who said it, was a high up in Nintendo). Sucks but oh well.

BTW I'm 99% certain that Earthbound wasn't mentioned for the 3DS VC, it's for the Wii U VC. Either way the other games they announced are awesome; hopefully the Mario Party/3DS game has online capabilities.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Was thinking about buying a 3DS. My friend was showing me both Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter. Don't know if those two alone justify the 200$ spent, so I'm looking for other suggestions. I enjoy RPGs and Platformers when it comes to handhelds and I haven't owned one since gameboy advance (I think).

Also, the new pokemon would be an option. But I think the last one I played were the ones right after red and blue (silver gold?). How confused would I be if I purchased this.
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers just came out yesterday, It's been getting good reviews (like all SMT games)
Theres a boatload of games that make it a viable purchase now

I wish we get the SMT: IV 3DSXL that Japan are getting
frown.png
but.. theres no way we will. It's far too nice.

3dsxa.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm most excited for Shin Megami Tensei 4 that comes out in July on 3DS, already pre-ordered the limited edition.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
The Zelda video in the eShop looks good. Not sure how I feel about some of the visuals, it feels like -some- of the enemies were just lazily made(visually).

Also the painting mechanic. Hrm. I was really hoping for a Zelda without a gimmick.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I picked one of these up Saturday. I am having a ton of fun with this 3DS XL. I bought it for Luigi Dark Moon and Zelda OOT since I actually never played Zelda OOT. IN the meantime I have downloaded the Fire Emblems Demo and that game is gorgeous. Overall it's been a fantastic purchase so far, and will come in very handy on my 6 hour flight to Playa Del Carmen next week.

Also I messed around with the AR games and that was hilarious. Good use of the 3D.

If you pick one of these up, grab the XL. 3.5 hours battery lifeon the other one and much smaller. This seems to be about the perfect size with 6.5 hours of playing time which makes it a no brainer at $30 more.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Animal Crossing is out on Sunday (!) in the US and next Friday in the EU, fucktons of new features and gameplay changes in this version.

Typical bullshit pricing though, $35 on the US estore, ?40 (about $65) on the UK estore. Thanks Nintendo!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9ZQk5vTdeS7vKSPlaylist of 10 videos by Nintendo themselves explaining the new/updated etc stuff.

Siliconemelons

Still wanting to get a 3dsXL- even just for the select games such as castlevania etc- glad to see Zelda, but I also am kinda sad they just HAVE TO use some gimmick on a full remake port- argh...

having used a 3ds and XL side by side, for me the 3d effect was a strain and just turned off on the standard- on the XL it seems to "work better" for me and I can keep it on while playing though the demos etc and hold it at a comfortable distance etc- the standard size its like I had to hold it juuuuussttt right for the 3d not to suck.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not 3DS but il be damned i make a Wii-U thread.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ecall-imminent

Nintendo Wii U Basic Recall - Two Week Preparation On Tuesday, 6/18, all stories will need to return all new/unopened Wii U Basic (020359).

.. Stores that have 10 or more in stock will receive shipping cartons from the [distribution center].

.. All other stores will need to save shipping cartons for this recall.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm gonna wait until E3 to see if they'll announce any more colors for the XL before i grab one
frown.png

I want the SMT4 Japan edition one so baaaad. Faaack.

pixfix_sl

shitlord
Just picked up an XL with Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong. Then I went to the Nintendo Shop once I got home and purchased Professor Layton, Mario Kart, and Pushmo. Needless to say ill be busy for a while.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
If you don't buy Animal Crossing in the next 7 days (depending on your region) then you are a terrible person irl.

Authentic game experience inc...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This leaked pic(it was only announced in Europe officially, so far) of the new Zelda themed 3DSXL bundle is probably going to finally force me to buy a 3DS.

ncme4k1.jpg