Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Its really just a question of whether spending $400 or so is worth it to you to play BOTW (portable), Mario Kart 8 deluxe (slightly better than wii u version), and Mario Odyssey on 10/27. I thought owning a PS4 was great JUST for TLOU and Bloodborne so for me it wasn't that hard to justify buying a switch just for those 3 games.

The rest of the switch "exclusives" are pretty lame, if you have a kid who is 4-11 years old then splatoon 2, ARMS, and Rabbids is great but for any regular adult there are like 50 better games to play on ps4/xb1/pc, I couldn't fathom why a grown ass adult would rather play splatoon 2 over Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, PUBG, etc. I guess if you travel a lot and can only game portable its a great solution, but if you travel a lot you are probably single so may as well bang chicks in different cities and get your own splatoon wet.

btw there's a way to get a b2g1 coupon on used games at gamestop, and a lot of the gamestops around me have used copies of BOTW, MK8D, ARMS, Splatoon 2, and even a few have Rabbids already (weird). I picked up used copies of Splatoon 2, ARMS, and MK8D (own it digitally, gonna trade it in to pay for the other two) at a local gamestop last night.
NFf2w7BKbEuSk44Z7-7ndrysoub2V2QPUcs6ibXCXLqITEQcRCyYqxbxG4TSb8ClVPRuUhK3AdAZskgW9ZSrf-tTvRJ5MV9IlQ9vLExGBSR0f4ZtCL2BQCOtn1bjdoSkBUMxXw=s0-d-e1-ft

Ya I had a PS4 but I was never home and I got tired of paying the online fee when I wasnt playing it, thats problem with consoles for me. I'd rather use my computer unless theres a group activity and its portable for drinking games or something. Wii tennis was awesome for that, was hoping since the remotes were similar that there was a wii tennis type game but guess not. Thanks for the offer on the BOGO, going to check that out for sure.

Hell I should just buy another wii rofl, hated how it had no hdmi though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Ut lives in bum fuck nowhere so no shit there is stock EVERYWHERE (around his bum fuck nowhere town).

Yeah the twin cities and everywhere else in the FUCKING NATION is bum fuck Egypt. You dumb fucking son of a bitch. Christ at this point I could walk by some kid selling lemonade and he's probably pawning this piece of shit.

I love dumb mother fuckers like you. Because I could be on vacation at Yellowstone in the mountains by a fucking bison grazing by a geyser, and I'd see three 12 packs of cardboard boxes labeled "switch. Eat this garbage", and you would look at that and say "holy fuck these are popular. The only ones left were ones that fell out of a plane before it crashed into the Tetons!"

Edit: not done with your sorry ass yet. Sorry, lost my connection while taking a shit in my outhouse. You can walk right next to any fucking shop in the US right now (and everywhere fucking else outside of Tokyo) and buy this tub of absolute shit. ANYWHERE ...

ANYWHERE!

Heed that asshole!

ANYWHERE.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've checked a couple places near me and I haven't seen Switches on the shelves. Could be they're just behind a counter/secured somewhere and I don't care enough to ask, but the PS4s are all sitting out so not sure why the Switch wouldn't be, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Where ya at? I can find 10 of them in a ten mile radius I bet.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So that instock website is good but it took me three walmarts to find one with Switches in stock. Even the employees were like well our stock "gun" shows what they had today but doesnt show current inventory. To be fair the first two walmarts had them that day but I showed up after they sold out. Not everyone Walmart has them on display, but some do, others have them hidden under the cash register I noticed, so just ask. Walmart employees are so lazy, I just called them myself after the second store and the third one was like yeah and they had 4 of them. Luckily they had color remotes.

So bought the console and mario at walmart, gamestop was closed. Went to gamestop today was gonna buy zelda but bought a used Arms game which seems cool for multiplayer. The guy at store said if I had two pairs of joycons that it woudl be more fun than splitting one pair because with a whole joycon you can rotate your arms for the punches, unlike a split joycon you use the joystick to swing the punches.

So yeah now I want another set of joycons but fuck, $80? Used are $70 at gamestop, this console is ridiculously expensive. Looked at a carrying case for the tv stand etc and thats $40. So looking at another $110 for a second remote and case, absurd.

Mario kart was fun though with the split joycons plus I bought the steering wheel pair for $14 which was worth it. Arms seems pretty cool too. Hopefully some more cool games come out, the gamestop employee was all excited about some lego minecraft world game coming out this week.. lulz

Didnt get to use the buy 2 get 1 free used coupon at gamestop since it was closed lastnight but ill keep it in mind for my next purchases maybe I can use it for the used joysticks $70, they count as accessories and so does the carrying case ($39)I bet. Cheapest joycon pair I see on amazno is $60 used grey ones. Holy crap though they have lik neon green and pink ones but they're $100

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Its still sold out in many places, especially west coast and big cities. You can check for yourself here
http://www.gamestop.com/PickUpAtStore/141820/0/141675
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

If I search 55101 there are a few, if I search 89101 (Las Vegas) or 94111 (bay area) or 90210 there are nearly none. The more people and urban and rich a zip code is, the less chance of you finding a switch there.

The amazing thing is how neither nintendo nor these stores can shuffle stuff around to meet demand, like I'm sure there ARE tons of switches just sitting around unsold in Twin Cities and if Nintendo was smart they would shuffle them off to California, New York, etc where demand still outstrips supply.

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just went back and they let me use the buy 2 get 1 used free game or accessory, the joycon count as one each so was able to return my preowned game and buy it again, then buy one joycon and get one free.. but to use the coupon i had to be an active pro card member or have a friend with one so ended up paying $15 to activate a pro card but also got 10% off the preowned items so saved some money.

the retarded thing is gamestop considers the joycon clip strap attachment separate cause people dont always give them the strap when they trade in a joycon so used was 5.99 per strap

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The amazing thing is how neither nintendo nor these stores can shuffle stuff around to meet demand, like I'm sure there ARE tons of switches just sitting around unsold in Twin Cities and if Nintendo was smart they would shuffle them off to California, New York, etc where demand still outstrips supply.

Once they are at the store it's out of Nintendo's hands. They could do a better job of allocation from a country standpoint it seems though. Need to divert some from places like Spain back to Japan.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Found a 4 way joycon charger for $10, picked up a switch leather cover/stand for $10 that fits in the charging dock, and got a new case for $30 that can hold the dock and everything else, fuark think I'm up to $600 spent on this thing.

Shoulda just bought a drone. lol. met a guy at gamestop said he brings his to bars and shit for strangers to play with him. too trusting since damn joycon pair is $70-80.

the plus side I already had a 60gb microSD to put in there. can i play wii tennis through the online store? thought it gave me access to old nintendo games?

Last edited:

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Found a 4 way joycon charger for $10, picked up a switch leather cover/stand for $10 that fits in the charging dock, and got a new case for $30 that can hold the dock and everything else, fuark think I'm up to $600 spent on this thing.

Shoulda just bought a drone. lol. met a guy at gamestop said he brings his to bars and shit for strangers to play with him. too trusting since damn joycon pair is $70-80.

the plus side I already had a 60gb microSD to put in there. can i play wii tennis through the online store? thought it gave me access to old nintendo games?

You're gonna want to buy a pro controller. :)

Why do you need to haul the dock around?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I go to my gf's place on the weekends its 45 minutes away, and I'd rather play on a TV than the tablet, and when I go home I want it at home on the tv. So yeah, I left it at her place for now until the carrying case comes.

Why would I want a pro controller tho? The appeal to me is the motion type controllers, pro controller seems like back to the old type of controller..

Just ordered splatoon 2 tho.

Last edited:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pro Controller is really nice feeling though with long battery life, unless you never intend to play single player stuff.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Pro controller is only way to play IMO. The joycons and holder are hot garbage unless you're a five year old or Tyrion Lannister.

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

I'm stunned they are still not universally on shelves. After practically forgetting the system exists, I had a quick look at Amazon today. Still nothing but scalpers.

How are they THIS FUCKING BAD at making product? It's like they don't want to make money.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Allocation is weird. Amazon doesn't ever have stock but every Gamestop within 30 miles, which is about two dozen of them, has stock I can walk in and pick up right now. And I don't live in bum fuck nowhere either, I'm in metro Atlanta. And a quick look on Craigslist shows scalpers are desperate as hell to sell with cheap prices and still can't unload the things. This is the only console I've ever seen that was supposed to be "super popular" but couldn't move scalper units to save it's life. Unless you live in Japan you can get one pretty much anywhere if you really want one.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm stunned they are still not universally on shelves. After practically forgetting the system exists, I had a quick look at Amazon today. Still nothing but scalpers.

How are they THIS FUCKING BAD at making product? It's like they don't want to make money.

They are making as much as they can. There is a global NAND memory shortage that is causing issues with mobile phone and tablet manufacturing - the bulk of it is going to Apple in their lead up to iPhone 8, because they are willing to pay the most.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
heh I bet Apple only had to go, "We will pay 1$ more then Nintendo, per chip" cause they have that kind of money, you don't scoff at that deal when the customer is ordering 15-20million(Initial order, who knows how long the contract is.) units. Samsung is probably hogging some of them for themselves with the Note8 coming soon, and continued production of the S-Line.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
heh I bet Apple only had to go, "We will pay 1$ more then Nintendo, per chip" cause they have that kind of money, you don't scoff at that deal when the customer is ordering 15-20million(Initial order, who knows how long the contract is.) units. Samsung is probably hogging some of them for themselves with the Note8 coming soon, and continued production of the S-Line.
It's not even that they pay more, it's the sheer scale of their order. They probably actually pay less per chip, but the value of their contract dwarves anything Nintendo has with them.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's not even that they pay more, it's the sheer scale of their order. They probably actually pay less per chip, but the value of their contract dwarves anything Nintendo has with them.

In theory though, Apple could do that easily...

also seems that the company that makes the LCD panels for Nintendo is on the way of going under (seems that Nintendo's contract with them isn't all that profitable + loss of Apple contract), yay more problems for Nintendo's grand scheme *faceplam*

Last edited: