Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

GAF is back (not for too long imo) and leakers/insiders are going in with "possible" Switch announcements, idk if is fine to post them here and talk about them. just sayin´

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We need to make sure we don’t end up with cockgobbler GAFers on this board. Perhaps we could build a beautiful firewall around them, and have Tyler Malka pay for it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
We need to make sure we don’t end up with cockgobbler GAFers on this board. Perhaps we could build a beautiful firewall around them, and have Tyler Malka pay for it
lol, The only gaf'ers that will ever come on this board are ones that dont give a fuck about that political correct bullshit. The softies will be gone fast! lol

• 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea what you're talking about here. I have the Switch and a PS4 hooked into a 64" TV and Zelda looks great. It's certainly not the most amazing looking game I've played by a long shot, but neither is it a jaggy/blurry mess. Maybe your TVs are shit at upscaling? I'm usually the first to complain about sub-standard graphics, but Zelda on the Switch does not warrant much complaint in that department. Now, the Wii U version on the other hand...

Considering the "worst" tv in this house is better than 99% of the shit people play games on I'm gonna have say it's not my television(s). Besides, even at the preview events it looked like shit on tvs the size of a decent monitor, so is doesn't look great on any 65 inch tv.

P1050106.jpg

Jaggies everywhere and blurry/muddy textures, just like I said. It was great game but it's certainly no looker.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Mine looks nothing like that. Your sharpness looks to be set waaay too high for starters. The color looks way off as well, but of course I'm looking at it through a phone combined with whatever your camera was doing.

If you really have super high end displays, you should give thought to investing in professional calibration.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Mine looks nothing like that. Your sharpness looks to be set waaay too high for starters. The color looks way off as well, but of course I'm looking at it through a phone combined with whatever your camera was doing.

If you really have super high end displays, you should give thought to investing in professional calibration.

That picture was taken January 28th at some Toronto event before Nintendo optimized things and fixed shit like AA. Release looks nothing at all like that and he knows it.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I see now. I didn't take note of the other monitors in the background. But yes, that looks like shit and is a terrible representation of how it actually looks on my TV.

I'm also struggling to think of a high end set that was available in 49".

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
That picture was taken January 28th at some Toronto event before Nintendo optimized things and fixed shit like AA. Release looks nothing at all like that and he knows it.

That was a quick Google search, but you can take any footage of the game, post release, and see the same things. Only Nintendo fans think 720p, no AA is acceptable anymore.

I'm also struggling to think of a high end set that was available in 49".

XBR49X900E is in my bedroom and has the highest rating of any tv in its class, it's also the worst tv I own, so all the "your tv is the problem" is horseshit.

Next you'll be telling me the LG OLED and KS8000s are shit or that I have them all set wrong.

Literally clowning yourselves to defend horrible IQ.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I don't really see jaggies tbh.

That aside, aesthetics are far more important than top end visuals unless the aesthetic is based on that anyway.

I thought the colours popped really well and the world looked great. Mario Kart 8 was similar too, it was 720p, but it looked amazing because the artstyle was done really well.

If you're looking for straight up graphical fidelity, it's pointless relying on a console anyway because PC has that market locked down.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Loaded up Master mode in Zelda on the new TV (LG 4k OLED), did the starting area and it doesn't look too bad. A little washed out but not nearly as bad as the above screenshot. Horizon Zero Dawn is out of this world with the HDR turned on though. It was already amazing by default but the HDR effects really make it shine as a graphical showcase and I am looking forward more to it's expansion pack than Zelda's.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I heard Nintendo is considering adding loot crates to the next Smash Bros to try and catch up to the rest of the industry.

Unfortunately they didn't do any research and no one told them they're digital, not physical, so they're going to be selling literal crates with items in them.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
That was a quick Google search, but you can take any footage of the game, post release, and see the same things.

Uh, I don't need to go searching for footage. I own the thing and on my 64" TV it looks nothing like that garbage picture. If yours even remotely does, something is wrong. I don't care how amazing your TVs might otherwise be. Either your settings are grossly overcranked or you're just being a hyperbolic douche. The fact that you think it actually looks better in handheld mode is not doing your argument any favors, either.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
There's about 30 mins left on the Super Mario Odyssey embargo. Predictions on scores? I'm thinking high 90s right now, but it might end up getting some hipster scores that lowers it.

Also it could be shit, there's always that chance.

• 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Looks like it has a bunch of perfect scores so far. The influx of traffic apparently took down Metacritic (still down).

My copy's on the way. I look forward to enjoying it for a few hours until real life punches me in the dick and it's tossed onto my growing mountain of other partially-finished games, which still includes Zelda. Ugh.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
97 on Metacritic with ~60 reviews. Haven’t actually read any yet, but sounds good.

It’s hard to tell with Mario game, because everyone gives them 90s even if the game is just OK

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
To be fair, even the "just OK" Mario games are more fun and higher quality than the vast majority of other games.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users