Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
Fry's Electronics is gonna have a b2g1 on pretty much all the switch games on black friday (11/23) BUT you must have the email list promo code to get the deal, you can sign up now at and start getting the codes every day or two. This is the best deal I've seen on switch games (Doom and Skyrim included) but if you have GCU best buy may have a better deal the following week or two, B2G1 on all games but its not confirmed so a bit of a chance. Could just buy these games at Fry's, hold them with receipt unopened, and return if Best Buy beats it.

G3zVNL4.jpg

full deal list:
Frys.com Email Campaign 11.23.17!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
It was a great game and I really like it, but at the same time I hope the next Zelda game is quite a bit different. I missed the more standard progression of tools and gear along with the dungeons

Yes, as fantastic as the game is overall, the almost total lack of traditional Zelda dungeons is a big miss for me. Sure, working out how to spin around some giant robot elephant's ass so that its anus lines up with some magical doodad is cool and all, but the enemy encounters in the beasts/shrines are pretty bland in general.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not all that much of a deal. 5% cheaper than B.B. with GCU or amazon prime preorder, and you have to buy 2 games.

Needless

Toe Sucker
is it just me or does skyrim hurt anybody elses eyes when you play it on portable mode? if i do like 180 turns my eyes just end up hurting lol

Siliconemelons

urgh, while in bestbuy looking to try on a psvr my wife and kids started playing mario on a switch...

now they want a switch - but no BF sales on it as "nintendo is focusing on availability rather than discounts" aka "we will let you buy it! hows THAT for a deal!"

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It's really not all that surprising, Switch hasn't even been out for a full year. Talked to a couple people expecting a BF sale and told them to not hold their breath.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why would they put it on sale? They will sell through their inventory easily at the regular price.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
essentially- it is not QUITE as bad as Wii was it's first 8 months, but ESSENTIALLY, every switch being made, is sold, within a day or two of the store getting it.

alot of good games for the system too.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was on a college campus today and I saw a Korean girl walking around with a Switch, passing it to her friends as they waited for class to start. It was like a real life commercial.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Bestbuy I went to had piles of every console ready for black Friday... and since it's not on sale - just get one now... the target I was at getting my psVR had 3 snes classics on the shelf also.

After nes classic AND snes classic "shortages" I call bullshit on any Nintendo thing being legit demand > production capability - it's all created.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
essentially- it is not QUITE as bad as Wii was it's first 8 months, but ESSENTIALLY, every switch being made, is sold, within a day or two of the store getting it.

alot of good games for the system too.

Hasn't been the case here, switches have been sitting at best buy for weeks now. But they will most likely go during the holidays.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife wants to get the kids (and to some extent me) A switch. One. God I miss the old days where that is really all you need and just do multiplayer locally, but now with everything going online, everyone really needs their own system. If we go this route is there any hope at all for 3 or 4 players locally? I've been trying to research this this morning, but my google fu is failing me so far, and it seems really slim. Splatoon looks like it'd eat up dozens of hours of our time, but I'm not sure I want to shell out 900-1100 bucks to buy 3 systems and 3 games.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Wife wants to get the kids (and to some extent me) A switch. One. God I miss the old days where that is really all you need and just do multiplayer locally, but now with everything going online, everyone really needs their own system. If we go this route is there any hope at all for 3 or 4 players locally? I've been trying to research this this morning, but my google fu is failing me so far, and it seems really slim. Splatoon looks like it'd eat up dozens of hours of our time, but I'm not sure I want to shell out 900-1100 bucks to buy 3 systems and 3 games.

Most switch games do split screen multiplayer on one TV. If want everyone to have their own screen, you’ll need 4 switches.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most switch games do split screen multiplayer on one TV. If want everyone to have their own screen, you’ll need 4 switches.

Obviously that would be ideal... but pricey. I'm good with split screen just need to have games that actually do that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
despite buying and giving skyrim shit for being $80, i've put a solid 40+ hours into it already

fun game when you can just sit on the couch or in bed and play it portable. Can't wait for xenoblade even more now since my attention span for single player games has died until the switch