Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
well thats pretty reasonable, probably $25 USD / 25 euros? of course all you really get is online cloud storage/access and a new rom you can play for a month

Half the price of PSN/XBL, pretty reasonable. Sounds like multiple tiers too.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's not that they're fit, it's just us Americans are fucking ridiculously unhealthy.

More like they just don't show fat/ugly people on TV. England is fat as fuck (some of the fattest in Europe) and making good headway on catching up to the U.S.

99% of the chicks carrying around a Switch in both countries will be lard asses who will struggle to manipulate the tiny baby controllers with their massive sausage fingers.

That's actually a good point. I've only seen normal sized people using the tiny controllers. How will your typical gamer (i.e., 300 pound neckbeard) manage to use them?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The durability of N64 controllers is directly related to how many hot pockets and doritos you ate during your Golden Eye multiplayer sessions. Doritos dust and grease wreaked havoc on the analog sticks.
Actually, I think Mario Party 1 was responsible for much of the damage, with those damned stick-twirling games.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Would be nice to have a new Mario party game like the older ones on the switch. The motion controlls on the joycons in mini games is one of the few areas where the gimmick can actually work

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Would be nice to have a new Mario party game like the older ones on the switch. The motion controlls on the joycons in mini games is one of the few areas where the gimmick can actually work

I would assume they will since it's out on Wii wiiu and 3ds.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
More like they just don't show fat/ugly people on TV. England is fat as fuck (some of the fattest in Europe) and making good headway on catching up to the U.S.

99% of the chicks carrying around a Switch in both countries will be lard asses who will struggle to manipulate the tiny baby controllers with their massive sausage fingers.

That's actually a good point. I've only seen normal sized people using the tiny controllers. How will your typical gamer (i.e., 300 pound neckbeard) manage to use them?

Perhaps incentive for 300 pound neckbeard, fat fucks to lose weight?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Actually, I think Mario Party 1 was responsible for much of the damage, with those damned stick-twirling games.

I was convinced there was a secret if you spun enough times on this toy item from the shop

Mecha_Fly_Guy.jpg

Spent an entire day spinning that damn analog stick and ended up breaking it for no good reason.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I wonder how strong demand is for the switch in NA. Obviously all the pre orders have sold out, and I bet the thing is massive in Japan, but I've been thinking about selling my pre order on amazon and it just doesn't seem worth it. ebay was yanking listings put up before today (30 day presale rule they have) but its getting flooded now, over 3k listings atm and growing by over a hundred an hour.

I was watching this one
NINTEND0 SWITCH CONSOLE NEON BLUE RED Presale - Guaranteed - Ships on 3/3/17

and it sold for $390 + $25 s/h. ebay and paypal take 13.7% so thats $54 in fees, which means the seller is getting $361. Assuming they paid taxes that means they paid $324-330. so thats a $30-40 profit. And a high chance some scammer will claim the item is defective or whatever and rip you off. For a $40 profit that seems insane.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Selling now is stupid. You sell like the day it's released, when the hype gets people and they realize they can't get one. The problem is...what if they can get one(at the store).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And a high chance some scammer will claim the item is defective or whatever and rip you off. For a $40 profit that seems insane.
Nothing better than scammers ripping off re-sellers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLgFaEpKt8uzXu_zw2ElzAjybUNsFdTG2EQw3udloARq1_F-Xp

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
On shit like this I just preorder a few and if anyone I know wants one I sell it to them at cost. Otherwise I cancel and just keep the one I want

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Selling now is stupid. You sell like the day it's released, when the hype gets people and they realize they can't get one. The problem is...what if they can get one(at the store).

When the PS3 was released, I had a guy right outside of the Gamestop offer me $700 for mine at midnight. Wish to hell I would've sold it to him.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
On shit like this I just preorder a few and if anyone I know wants one I sell it to them at cost. Otherwise I cancel and just keep the one I want

Any chance you got an extra Zelda collectors edition or master sword pre-order? Got the regular edition but I want the collectors.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I have a switch master edition preorder, haven't decided if I want to keep it yet or not.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

For what it's worth. The people who have demoed the controllers seem to have very positive reviews of them.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Can't vouch for whether it's to scale or not, but thought it was interesting

View attachment 118734

Do Nintendo engineers not understand how thumbs work? There is a reason the DPad and face buttons are offset on everyone else's controllers.

I'm sitting here holding the ghastly Wii U controller and it's tiny offset is bad enough, but at least it is somewhat offset, the Switch controller just basically regresses on everything we've learned about controllers over the past 30 years.

And, yeah, I'll take super hyped pre-console release gaming nerd opinions with a grain of salt. You can just look at the button placement and see how bad it would be for any game that actually utilizes all the buttons.

• 1Solidarity