Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Xalara

Golden Squire
We're two weeks from launch and It's kind of sad that I know more about the Switch through my friend at nVidia than what's been publicly released. I'll pass on it for now, the minor graphical upgrades for Breath of the Wild don't seem worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
We're two weeks from launch and It's kind of sad that I know more about the Switch through my friend at nVidia than what's been publicly released. I'll pass on it for now, the minor graphical upgrades for Breath of the Wild don't seem worth it.

Yea that's true but on the other hand if you wait too long Nintendo might go full retard and bankrupt themselves before you manage to grab one.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have enough cash to run a deficit for 30+ years. That's a lot of cash, and that's some nuclear level full retard to bankrupt themselves in the near future.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You're talking about the company that is making MILK and BABY for western audiences and their last major console was advertised so poorly that no one knew it was a new version.

Let's not count them out yet!

spronk

FPS noob
lol the dude who posted the leaked switch ui screenshots tries to sell the switch on reddit. Nintendo investigates, finds out it was a stolen switch from a distributor
Nintendo Switch Operating System, Menu Details Leak - IGN

contacts the guy who has the switch (who apparently bought it from another guy, probably guy who works at distributor) and demands he return it or they will take him to court. he returns it.

guy at distributor is fired and now under criminal investigation, guy who posted the switch video is out the cash he paid for it and the switch, nintendo gets a ton of free publicity.

i guess video game crime doesn't pay

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lol the dude who posted the leaked switch ui screenshots tries to sell the switch on reddit. Nintendo investigates, finds out it was a stolen switch from a distributor
Nintendo Switch Operating System, Menu Details Leak - IGN

contacts the guy who has the switch (who apparently bought it from another guy, probably guy who works at distributor) and demands he return it or they will take him to court. he returns it.

guy at distributor is fired and now under criminal investigation, guy who posted the switch video is out the cash he paid for it and the switch, nintendo gets a ton of free publicity.

i guess video game crime doesn't pay

This is like someone leaking the control panel on a North Korean diesel submarine. Literally nothing useful from that video lol.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Haven't looked at the pictures, but from what people are saying most of the parts should be reasonably easy for the user to replace. Not much soldered on.

Replacing battery and cartridge reader should be simple

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Why someone would try to sell such a high profile item online is beyond me. I would have found some local idiots to pay double for it an be done with it, they deserved what they got for being so stupid.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Why someone would try to sell such a high profile item online is beyond me. I would have found some local idiots to pay double for it an be done with it, they deserved what they got for being so stupid.
Did anyone say how much he paid for it to begin with? Wondering how much money he wasted

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
No idea, had to be a lot to convince someone to steal it.
Indeed, Nintendo is pretty anal about their popular items. The NES classic at best buy near me were lucked up in the back in a hidden area in camera view so no employees would fuck with them. Not sure how the person stealing it thought they would get away with it lol.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Indeed, Nintendo is pretty anal about their popular items. The NES classic at best buy near me where lucked up in the back in a hidden area in camera view so no employees would fuck with them. Not sure how the person stealing it thought they would get away with it lol.
Well it seemed like they did. What got them caught is the retard that they sold it to posting videos of it online that they were able to track down to the source.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Sony. Don't do it. Just make a powerful console with a 4K blu ray drive. Wireless AC. 4K native at 30, 1080p at 60, hdr required.

Thank God there is Scorpio.

spronk

FPS noob
its not out of this world for sony to release a ps4 handheld that can store digital PS4 games on an SD card and share the same idea of switch - dock to play on TV, on the go for portability. If they release it this holiday it would tear shit up I would think. Not sure the tech though is really at the point where you could make a PS4 in such a small form factor, and it would have to be a PS4 and not a new architecture to have any games since no dev is gonna make custom games after the way sony has treated the vita.

i do sorta get a stiffie at the idea of a 1080p tablet with a shrunken PS4 attached, playing something like GTA 5 or Call of Duty on a tablet would be baller