Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

How awesome Zelda: BOTW is compared to the wii, u and nx... I am starting to get aboard the - go the sega route Nintendo, make games, focus on games, let sony and ms make systems... heck bring back japan's dominance in consoles and join with sony, make games just for them and design them a portable...print money.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Non-enthusiast adults who want to drop $500 on a new mobile nintendo tablet with no practical application?

Why would anyone with half a brain spend $600 on a PS4 or Xbox when you can build a PC that's twice as powerful for the same amount of money and play the exact same games without the frame rate drops? At least when you buy a Nintendo system you get great exclusive games.

• 2Smuggly
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
there are a lot of reasons to buy a ps4 (not so much xbone) like exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts remastered, or Yakuza 0 and those are all games just releasing in the first 4 months of 2017 - that is fucking insane really. Also you can play multiplayer games without any cheaters/hackers, and for single player games you can trade the game in after you are done and sometimes get back more than you paid. As soon as I finish HZD I'll be trading it in for $30-35 and I paid $40 for the game, can't even come close with cdkeys etc discounts on PC for launch games.

I played BOTW on my wii u today for ~2 hours and I feel like I am the only person on the planet that thinks the game is just ok. I quite literally fell asleep playing. I fucking hate the non VA from NPCs, hate weapon durability, hate the stamina bar, and hate the 10 year old look of the visuals. For anyone who keeps saying HURR DURR PC MASTER RACE its weird to suddenly forgive Nintendo for making games that look like they were made in the 90s for a 360. I'll power through BOTW and I expect it gets better once you start building up some more powers and abilities, but its so weird to see everyone praise it so much and I'm playing and thinking "... what is this shit"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Basically, my PS4 will just randomly eject any physical media in it - it's bad enough I don't even bother buying anything but digital. Sometimes in the middle of the night the PS4 will wake up and just start trying to eject a disc that's not even there, all the while doing that annoying beeping sound, until I reboot it.

It's some issue with the style of non-tactile buttons they used on the PS4. It's fixed on the PS4 Pro supposedly.

Had that happen to me once, 4am in the morning it boot the disc and started beeping. I turned it back off and 30 mins later did the same thing again. So I just turn it completely off now, no rest mode.
The solution is in this thread Solved: Re: PS4 Beeping and Ejecting Disc? - PlayStation® Forums
It also one time booted the street fighter v disc out in the middle of playing the game. XD

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
there are a lot of reasons to buy a ps4 (not so much xbone) like exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts remastered, or Yakuza 0 and those are all games just releasing in the first 4 months of 2017 - that is fucking insane really.

Nier Automata is not a PS4 exclusive, you can pre-order it on Steam and I plan on playing it on my PC. Just saying!

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo fanboys always talk about great exclusives, but can anyone actually remember the last time a Nintendo console had more great exclusives than their competition? It hasn't happened in the last twenty five years, minimum.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Had that happen to me once, 4am in the morning it boot the disc and started beeping. I turned it back off and 30 mins later did the same thing again. So I just turn it completely off now, no rest mode.
The solution is in this thread Solved: Re: PS4 Beeping and Ejecting Disc? - PlayStation® Forums
It also one time booted the street fighter v disc out in the middle of playing the game. XD

lol yeah i was like duder, thats not a switch it has a silver ring... lol rando tablet got fuxxed.. but its funny

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
there are a lot of reasons to buy a ps4 (not so much xbone) like exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts remastered, or Yakuza 0 and those are all games just releasing in the first 4 months of 2017 - that is fucking insane really. Also you can play multiplayer games without any cheaters/hackers, and for single player games you can trade the game in after you are done and sometimes get back more than you paid. As soon as I finish HZD I'll be trading it in for $30-35 and I paid $40 for the game, can't even come close with cdkeys etc discounts on PC for launch games.

I played BOTW on my wii u today for ~2 hours and I feel like I am the only person on the planet that thinks the game is just ok. I quite literally fell asleep playing. I fucking hate the non VA from NPCs, hate weapon durability, hate the stamina bar, and hate the 10 year old look of the visuals. For anyone who keeps saying HURR DURR PC MASTER RACE its weird to suddenly forgive Nintendo for making games that look like they were made in the 90s for a 360. I'll power through BOTW and I expect it gets better once you start building up some more powers and abilities, but its so weird to see everyone praise it so much and I'm playing and thinking "... what is this shit"

Glad I'm not the only one. Also, what's up with the wide swaths of just nothing? No animals, puzzles etc... so far, a lot of the world just feels empty but maybe I'm not far enough in. I'll power through as well, because I can't believe the game gets 10/10 reviews and I just "don't get it". It's jarring going from horizon to this though, whether this picks up later or not.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

You realize PS4 came out in 2013 right? Like i said previously there were only two good exclusives for 3 years. They have released a few real good ones lately like you say.

A select few shitposters are ignoring issues with other consoles. It sucks that any console has legit manufacturing and QC issues at release/ever but to think Nintendo is alone is dumb, especially since it's always the cheapest $$. (and given their track record)

But yeah who wants to spend $600 dollars to play the Switch? :rolleyes:

Also Ut what is your obsession with mentioning SA forums like 10 times in this thread? ( i just realized you are referring to Something Awful from your link above) Do a lot of people here post there?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Glad I'm not the only one. Also, what's up with the wide swaths of just nothing? No animals, puzzles etc... so far, a lot of the world just feels empty but maybe I'm not far enough in. I'll power through as well, because I can't believe the game gets 10/10 reviews and I just "don't get it". It's jarring going from horizon to this though, whether this picks up later or not.

My biggest fear with big, new releases is that somehow, I'm not going to like it. That the game just doesn't "speak" to me. Happened to me with W3. Beautiful game. Want to love it. Couldn't get over the 5-10 hour hump on 3 separate tries.

EDIT: I do love me some BOTW though! Hope it's able to hook you guys eventually too!

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You realize PS4 came out in 2013 right? Like i said previously there were only two good exclusives for 3 years. They have released a few real good ones lately like you say.

A select few shitposters are ignoring issues with other consoles. It sucks that any console has legit manufacturing and QC issues at release/ever but to think Nintendo is alone is dumb, especially since it's always the cheapest $$. (and given their track record)

But yeah who wants to spend $600 dollars to play the Switch? :rolleyes:

Also Ut what is your obsession with mentioning SA forums like 10 times in this thread? ( i just realized you are referring to Something Awful from your link above) Do a lot of people here post there?

Who in this thread has ignored issues with other consoles? People bitched plenty about the PS4's anemic game lineup back then (and the Xbone to this day)but it's not 2013 anymore.

You're also completely ignoring the fact that when there is a first party drought on a Sony or Microsoft console there are still plenty of games worth playing due to third parties, but when Nintendo has a first party drought you are basically fucked.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think it's the closest forum to what we are is his point.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Weather third parties jump on board will depend on sales over the next few months most likely. We'll see how that goes. I think we'll at least see Madden, NBA, Call of Duty, and a few of the other annual franchises. We'll have to see on some of the more demanding games. It'll depend on how well things can be scaled tbh.

At very least this system is where I'll be getting my indie games, though. Being able to play on the TV or on the go is to good to pass up. And seeing physical versions of Bindings of Isaac, Has Been Heroes, Rime and other games may point to Nintendo pushing indie games to the forefront to patch any holes that the line up may have.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

oh yeah, totally, in fact many of us have made the point that buying a ps4 at launch was stupid. Thats the big reason I did NOT buy a switch this time around, I really regretted buying a ps4/xbone at launch, would have just preferred to go through the backlog on 360/ps3 (I traded both in towards buying ps4/xbone), its only when the Xbone One S and PS4 Pro were out that it really made sense to buy them especially with the fantastic holiday discounts/bundles. I'm 99% sure the same is gonna hold true for the switch though now, like in 2 years the Switch XL and Switch Mini will be out and that will be the perfect time to buy into the eco system.

I'm also pissed that no reviewer ever dings the game for the wii u port of BOTW making zero use of the gamepad. For fucks sake the game mechanics revolve heavily around the "sheikah slate", which looks exactly like a goddamn Wii U gamepad, and the game shows a blank screen on the gamepad when you play on TV. You couldn't spend the extra 1 hour of coding to always show the map on the gamepad, like you do with most of your first party games? I don't really trust any Ubisoft or EA reviews by big journalists because they always seem to be bought off to be 80+, but Nintendo seems a hyper version of this nowadays.

just to be clear though I don't have a problem at all with anyone owning a switch, I think its a cool system and if you play games while on the go it is AWESOME and there is really nothing else like it - 3ds/vita are a joke power wise and new games, so switch or mobile are your only options and switch is vastly superior to mobile. For people who only game on a TV though I don't think its worth buying right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I had far worse luck with my XBONE. My problem was the XBONE would never eject my disks and I would have to manually eject. Heard a lot of others experiencing similar issues. Never had a RROD but I would say 100% of my friends all went through it at least once though some twice.

So far so good with my Switch. I've voiced my concerns but I really enjoy the portability and performance thus far. I want more games and they better make a freaking Contra, Double Dragon, and/or River City Ransom. Anything Nintendo Co-Op needs to be made for the Switch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Who in this thread has ignored issues with other consoles? People bitched plenty about the PS4's anemic game lineup back then (and the Xbone to this day)but it's not 2013 anymore.

You're also completely ignoring the fact that when there is a first party drought on a Sony or Microsoft console there are still plenty of games worth playing due to third parties, but when Nintendo has a first party drought you are basically fucked.

Fair enough. I was basically just responding to the "exclusive" talk.