Nioh 2 (PS4 (PC in November?))

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lul, yeah, the slow spell is completely OP in this game. So is the electric sword they just give you at some point (part of why I had to respec, to put points in Heart for that). The purple bull summon is also pretty OP when used as a Living Weapon in conjunction with the above. Another key thing was getting my weight down below 70% which made dodges suddenly actually work.

It's a strange game for sure. Probably the hardest Soulsborne I've played up until you get the slow spell, then it moves to the easy tier. Hopefully Nioh 2 does away with all the OP stuff and smooths out the difficulty curve.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lul, yeah, the slow spell is completely OP in this game. So is the electric sword they just give you at some point (part of why I had to respec, to put points in Heart for that). The purple bull summon is also pretty OP when used as a Living Weapon in conjunction with the above. Another key thing was getting my weight down below 70% which made dodges suddenly actually work.

It's a strange game for sure. Probably the hardest Soulsborne I've played up until you get the slow spell, then it moves to the easy tier. Hopefully Nioh 2 does away with all the OP stuff and smooths out the difficulty curve.

Wait Nioh had a slow spell? I guess I beat it on hard mode.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait Nioh had a slow spell? I guess I beat it on hard mode.

Yeah, it requires a good amount of magic stat to work for very long though. My magic stat is pretty low so I've got two charges of slow and neither lasts very long. Basically just gives me an advantage for part of the fight the same way Living Weapon would.

Apparently there are "proc slow on hit" type effects on weapons, and those are much more effective than the spell because the effect stays on that way. Haven't seen any though.

I got to exactly the 1/3rd mark of the game and it was a struggle all the way, slow wasn't even a factor until the last boss or two and the short duration isn't breaking the fights. Now if I respecced again and pumped up the magic stat, then it would probably break the fights, at the cost of being weaker everywhere else.

I think this game is harder than Sekiro or any of the Soulsbornes. Even with the slow spell working on bosses it's still harder than half the Soulsbornes at least. Had to really micromanage to get anywhere after a few levels.