Nioh 2 (PS4 (PC in November?))

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
TBH, I don't even really know what that means yet. I believe I went with Type E controller layout. I remember doing some Ki Pulses and I also remember switching weapons and stances without issue, but it was late and I was tired AF by then.

KI pulse is when you recover your KI... KI is the resource you use when doing EVERYTHING in this game. If you want to be successful at this game you have to master when/how to KI pulse. It allows you to recover your KI mid fight quickly without waiting for it to regen on its own. Its also invaluable when you are in the yokai realm as your KI regens even slower there.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
KI pulse is when you recover your KI... KI is the resource you use when doing EVERYTHING in this game. If you want to be successful at this game you have to master when/how to KI pulse. It allows you to recover your KI mid fight quickly without waiting for it to regen on its own. Its also invaluable when you are in the yokai realm as your KI regens even slower there.
Yeah I would honestly put it back to default and get use to it, or you going to be clawing all weird once you learn whats up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I would honestly put it back to default and get use to it, or you going to be clawing all weird once you learn whats up.

Alright, points taken. I'll set it back how it was. I'm in the forest near the shore, so basically like 2% into the game so far...

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

I ended up going with option B where light and heavy attack are R1/R2, ki pulse/change stance is L1 and it works pretty well. Managed to one shot the demon in the boat which felt really good after the amount of times I died to him a few years back. After that remembered why I didn't like this as much as the souls series with the sub/main mission menus. Does Nioh 2 drop that or does it least feel more logical/flow better for lack of a better phrase?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The main/sub missions are still a thing in Nioh2 and it isn't any different from 1 as I recall.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I ended up going with option B where light and heavy attack are R1/R2, ki pulse/change stance is L1 and it works pretty well. Managed to one shot the demon in the boat which felt really good after the amount of times I died to him a few years back. After that remembered why I didn't like this as much as the souls series with the sub/main mission menus. Does Nioh 2 drop that or does it least feel more logical/flow better for lack of a better phrase?
Exact same setup, maybe there is more missions overall but pretty sure no changes to how it flows.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Exact same setup, maybe there is more missions overall but pretty sure no changes to how it flows.

Is there at least more MOB variety in 2? I remember there really only being 3 challenges to those alternate missions, find and kill a horned demon, a tongue demon or those f you bird demons. Enjoying the game play of 1 enough to probably snag 2 when my replay is done and done deal if there is a bit more variety to the yokai.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is there at least more MOB variety in 2? I remember there really only being 3 challenges to those alternate missions, find and kill a horned demon, a tongue demon or those f you bird demons. Enjoying the game play of 1 enough to probably snag 2 when my replay is done and done deal if there is a bit more variety to the yokai.
That there is, and those winged fuckers are back and stronger then ever. Pretty sure those kill me more than anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
That there is, and those winged fuckers are back and stronger then ever. Pretty sure those kill me more than anything else.

Its not so much that they are stronger.. its the places they put them in. One mission you fight 2 or 3 in cramped close quarters and its fucking aids

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Its not so much that they are stronger.. its the places they put them in. One mission you fight 2 or 3 in cramped close quarters and its fucking aids
They are definitely stronger, they no longer do that kick combo over and over you can dodge and punish. Also yes the put them in tight areas as well.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to getting this on pc. Loving it. Switchglaive is great and a far different experience than nioh 1 where I went kurigasama mostly.

Hardest thing so far to me are the cunt snake ladies. Up to 4th boss, thought the smoke fire guy was hardest boss by far to this point.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Magara Naotaka... this mother fucker. What a huge step up in difficulty to me after mowing down the last 4-5 bosses.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
frozen boss with the huge odachi?
Ya, got him after a handful of tries. Fire was my friend. Then one shot him on the side quest. The boss fights are good in this so far, like them more than 1

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What would you guys say is the hardest out of Nioh, Nioh 2, and Sekiro? Which is the easiest? I assume Ghost of Tsushima is easier than all of the above since it's a different kind of game. I want to run all four of them this year but start with the easier ones. I'm going to guess that aside from Ghost, the easiest is Nioh 1. You can level up (even if the gains are marginal) while in Sekiro you can't as far as I know. Leveling up really helps. There were fights in Bloodborne that I hear are difficult and had little trouble with myself because I did them at a point where I was a higher level than the game expected (like Darkbeast Paarl).

So if you can't level in Sekiro, it must be the hardest. I hear Nioh 2 is pretty rough too. So Nioh easiest?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sekiro for sure, Nioh, then Nioh 2. More options in Nioh 2 so that just makes it easier. About to play some Sekiro again, burned through that game in a week and loved it but never played it again.