Nioh 2 (PS4 (PC in November?))

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I finished the first one, so if it is like that, then no. Every weapon / build can beat the base game, some might just do it easier than others. Following Hatorades tip of putting points into the base stat of your main weapon(s) is enough. Similar to Monster Hunter, all weapons are good, but you can get gear and compliment skills that make them better. I did fine in Nioh 1 without knowing much of anything and never looking up a build guide until I hit NG+ and realized my "put skill points randomly and increase all the stats" didn't quite work so well anymore when I started facing two bosses at once.

Also, in that tip video he explains the doors with the eyes, but doesn't give the best tip for them. It's the same as the first one where you can look for graves in front of the door and their death messages are in different colours. Something like Died due to aggression which means that it is not that colour of emote. Since you get two tries, you only need one grave to make sure you get the correct one.
Best tip for doors is always go blue emote, if eyes get Really red then go red, if only a little angry they will stay yellow then you do a yellow emote. I have never failed a door this way.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Here's my first win against the snake boss. It's pretty fun to do multiplayer and help on this one, although more than likely people go hamfist and get in close and die really quick. I had 3 or 4 wins yesterday against her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Ok so almost every guardian spirit boss is fucking hard in this game, holy shit. Almost gave up tonight but powered through.
Also fuck Tengu...

I had an almost retard-savant reaction to fighting my first Tengu. I remembered those fuckers from the first game and then my mind went blank and my fingers just new intuitively how to beat that fucker. Some of the patterns have changed but the philosophy is the same. Little bastards.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Okay, so it looks like we're all going to have some time on our hands as the Coronavirus slowly turns the Earth into a zombie apocalypse, so i'm going to pick up this game to play. I heard it is punishingly difficult. Never playing the original, are there certain builds you need to make the game more enjoyable? I don't mind difficult, I just detest games that are almost unbeatable if you don't do the correct build.
If by enjoyable you mean you want to be OP early on, pick tonfas and unlock pulverize (Man, since mid stance is the best). Then from Shiftling get one of the things that add elemental damage to certain skills. I like water but you'll probably unlock lightning eventually anyway since it's on the way to other important stuff. Go into skill setup and add arcana: water to the pulverize (or it might say demon dance, I can't remember for sure) skill.

That takes care of the first element. For the second just pick the little monkey dude as your spirit, and make sure that you have enough stats to unlock the purity effect on strong attacks. To use it, just spam triangle triangle triangle R1 and then mash square to demon dance. That will apply both purity and water, which will trigger confuse (what used to be called discord) and give the enemy vastly reduced ki and ki regen, as well as make them take double damage.

If you want to completely trivialize the game, start out with the build above, and then respec to full dex when you can unlock the second tier of ninjutsu skills. You'll need at least 30k points to do the dojo missions, which should give you enough skill ups to take all the good kunai stuff and start working on the left side where the new abilities (the ones that do ungodly amounts of damage to enemies with their ki depleted).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
If by enjoyable you mean you want to be OP early on, pick tonfas and unlock pulverize (Man, since mid stance is the best). Then from Shiftling get one of the things that add elemental damage to certain skills. I like water but you'll probably unlock lightning eventually anyway since it's on the way to other important stuff. Go into skill setup and add arcana: water to the pulverize (or it might say demon dance, I can't remember for sure) skill.

That takes care of the first element. For the second just pick the little monkey dude as your spirit, and make sure that you have enough stats to unlock the purity effect on strong attacks. To use it, just spam triangle triangle triangle R1 and then mash square to demon dance. That will apply both purity and water, which will trigger confuse (what used to be called discord) and give the enemy vastly reduced ki and ki regen, as well as make them take double damage.

If you want to completely trivialize the game, start out with the build above, and then respec to full dex when you can unlock the second tier of ninjutsu skills. You'll need at least 30k points to do the dojo missions, which should give you enough skill ups to take all the good kunai stuff and start working on the left side where the new abilities (the ones that do ungodly amounts of damage to enemies with their ki depleted).

Right on, brother. Thanks for the info!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so I am seeing the trivialization now. Once I hit the right burst counter timing and have massive ki damage. Most enemies are fucked.

This is ESPECIALLY true for bosses.

Also the number of times the fucking CAMERA has killed me is unreal. My major gripe about this game.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
After 3 bosses and like 8 hours in I think the hardest thing for me to get used to is smoothly transitioning my playstyle from Yokai/Normal realms. Especially during bosses where I die several times because I instinctively ki flux only to have it not have the same effect and die to whatever anyway.

Yes I'm bad.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I finally hit a point last night that I had to give up and go to bed. The Mysterious One Night Castle mission... Right after the hot springs where you have to purify the area to unlock the shrine. There’s a void zone, 3 ranged guys, two snake ladies, two fire umbrella things, and then the demon to all cleanse. Just pulled my hair out trying to do it all. About to start trying again.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I finally hit a point last night that I had to give up and go to bed. The Mysterious One Night Castle mission... Right after the hot springs where you have to purify the area to unlock the shrine. There’s a void zone, 3 ranged guys, two snake ladies, two fire umbrella things, and then the demon to all cleanse. Just pulled my hair out trying to do it all. About to start trying again.

Kill those son of a bitches like sanitized toilet paper to Corona!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Did you just not stop drinking? Or have you started again this morning?

Huh?

iannis iannis you can do it!

1584456776797.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m convinced the developers are relying way too much on tight narrow corridors and rooms as the only way to artificially inflate difficulty in this shit. To much fuckery goes on with squeezing monkeys and tengus in to these tiny rooms and spaces, they’re unbound to geometry, have perfect tracking, and instant reactions. Anything in an open area is pretty much face roll easy. But as soon as I have to evade in .025 second reaction time while tripping over a potsherd and dying for two hours straight fighting two monkeys and three ranged bazooka asshats in a space smaller than my first college dorm, I just want to throw my controller through the TV.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a certain amount of fighting the camera in addition to the enemies, but there's quite a few enemies I find much easier to pull into a tight corridor instead of leaving them in the open. Boobsnakes being right at the very top of that list. I can usually kill them in one [long] combo in a hallway, while it takes forever in the open.

One thing I'm curious about, since I've really only used tonfas... do other weapons pull off confuse/discord/chaos (not sure why people use 3 different words for the same debuff) as easily as tonfas do? After seeing what a massive difference it makes in fights, I can't imagine killing stuff in melee without it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I’m convinced the developers are relying way too much on tight narrow corridors and rooms as the only way to artificially inflate difficulty in this shit. To much fuckery goes on with squeezing monkeys and tengus in to these tiny rooms and spaces, they’re unbound to geometry, have perfect tracking, and instant reactions. Anything in an open area is pretty much face roll easy. But as soon as I have to evade in .025 second reaction time while tripping over a potsherd and dying for two hours straight fighting two monkeys and three ranged bazooka asshats in a space smaller than my first college dorm, I just want to throw my controller through the TV.

For real. I thought I was good at fighting those monkeys until I got into a crammed space and their attacks I'd gotten pro at avoiding are now instant track and I can't do shit.

I've been using Odachi, Axe, Dual Swords... I got a really good spear but spear feels really shitty to use right now and that annoys me. Need to craft up some Tonfas and shit.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There's a certain amount of fighting the camera in addition to the enemies, but there's quite a few enemies I find much easier to pull into a tight corridor instead of leaving them in the open. Boobsnakes being right at the very top of that list. I can usually kill them in one [long] combo in a hallway, while it takes forever in the open.

One thing I'm curious about, since I've really only used tonfas... do other weapons pull off confuse/discord/chaos (not sure why people use 3 different words for the same debuff) as easily as tonfas do? After seeing what a massive difference it makes in fights, I can't imagine killing stuff in melee without it.

Hahah, that Saito Yasoshi or whatever guy at the top of the castle just charged constantly at me running right in to my charged Tonfa attack. Easiest 1 shot of my life.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what increases the power level on graves/your character? I am only on the second map, level 55 or so, but when I leave a grave, I see my power level or whatever it is, is marked as one sword icon on the grave. However, I have seen lower level graves (not NPCs) that have 2+ icons. Highest from a player character I've seen is 3, while some NPC graves have 5. I summoned a level 18 NPC grave once with 5 icons that was vastly better (more damage and had much more HP) than any 40+ grave from a regular player with 1-3 icons. Did a test with regular player graves just summoning red crosses. Summoned two blue 50+ graves with one cross and found one grave that was 52 or something with three crosses. The one with three was so much better in damage, skill uses and survivability. It could basically solo a red grave I summoned while the one mark icon graves are barely more than a taunt dot. Take some aggro and maybe do some damage, but leave them to fight something alone and they die fast.

Also, is there anything that increases the soul level that lets me add higher level abilities? I am still using my base phantom that I started with, and it has a soul level of 18. So I can have one "good"/boss ability, and one regular one since adding 2 boss cores usually costs 19 or 20. Or is the soul level of a guardian tied to the guardian so different ones have different static soul power levels that can't be increased?