North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

Neki

Molten Core Raider
BBC News - North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies.

A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman said in state media that the movie's release would be an "act of war".

He did not mention the title, but a Hollywood movie called The Interview with a similar plot is due in October.

Hollywood actors James Franco and Seth Rogen star in the action-comedy film.

They play a talkshow host and his producer who are invited to interview Kim Jong-un, and are subsequently recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to assassinate the leader.

The film's teaser trailer, posted on Youtube, shows a lookalike actor playing Kim Jong-un, as well as fight scenes involving what appear to be North Korean tanks and helicopters, and a nuclear missile launch.

The North Korea spokesman was quoted by the state KCNA news agency as saying: "Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated."

He added that the "reckless US provocative insanity" of mobilising a "gangster filmmaker" to challenge the North's leadership was triggering "a gust of hatred and rage" among North Korean people and soldiers.

"If the US administration allows and defends the showing of the film, a merciless counter-measure will be taken," the spokesman was quoted as saying...

If all out war on US would prevent Hollywood from making shitty movies then I say: Go, team North Korea

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't remember, did his father get all pissy when Team America: World Police was released?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chance North Korea Nukes Someone:
1. South Korea: 23%
2. Japan: 7%
3. United States: 4%
4. Themselves: 65%

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
War ? With what ? Most of the norko army is engaged in benny hill bucket brigade type shenanigans to get water onto their drought stricken crops.

If north korean asians are so smart , how come they did not stop with one successful nuke test , and pour money and resources into desal plants and pipelines ??

My money says there may well be a nuke lit off on the korean peninsula , and it will be the chinese vaporizing norko leadership. Cause the money men in chinese goverment have had quite enough of kim's shit threatening their profit margins.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
article-0-1F21E99E00000578-855_964x573.jpg

I wonder what % of them realize how ridiculous they look.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one who finds their official statements on this sort of thing hilarious?

"We will deal you sredge hammer brows!"

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If you're bored, watch this documentary on North Korean labor camps in Siberia. TIL that trains in Russia have alcohol guards - throwing of drunks.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Do it pussies. Give us the casus belli to really free those poor dumb fucks from that horrible government.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude, their population is mostly starving Reapers so no one wants anything to do with them. The crazy leadership would have been bombed long ago if no one had to deal with the refugees and responsibility afterwards.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
If you're bored, watch this documentary on North Korean labor camps in Siberia. TIL that trains in Russia have alcohol guards - throwing of drunks.
The episode where theyre smuggling North Koreans to South Korea was pretty amazing to watch. They are in a little boat on a river and the VICE guy basically says if they are caught the woman theyre smuggling will die and we will end up in a North Korean jail. Put me on the edge thinking about that, the documentaries they do are just top notch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Vice has had some incredibly insightful documentaries. They're almost a cross between national geographic and political journalists. They also are the group that orchestrated the Globetrotter games in NK (not sure if that was in those videos)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Dude, their population is mostly starving Reapers so no one wants anything to do with them. The crazy leadership would have been bombed long ago if no one had to deal with the refugees and responsibility afterwards.
I would think it wouldn't be too hard to turn it into a bigger south Korea (aka Korea) after you wipe out their dictatorship.

Strictly landwise - What resources does SK have that NK doesn't?