NSA spies on your elf pixels

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
NSA Spies Went on a Quest for Gamers' Data in World of Warcraft

There are some real gems in here:

intelligence officials claimed the games could be used to practice and train for actual terrorist operations. With middleware and mods, game developers could create a virtual environment that provided realistic weapons training and true-to-life land maps and terrain to work with.
the spies couldn't tell the difference between a target and a fellow operative from a different agency.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
"Something something MOBA games teaching people how to coordinate attacks against secured bases in small groups of well trained magic users."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I propose we use this situation to mass petition every game maker to eliminate permanent stealth from rogues, cloaky EVE ships, etc as it directly supports government programs' efforts to spy on us.

I'm just going to make up that Snowden himself while playing these games said that perma invis was "Fucking bullshit anyways"

Neki

Molten Core Raider
NSA would have learnt that most people would just go back home and bitch on the white house forum about IEDs and suicide bombers being 'imbalanced', 'overpowered' and that they should be nerfed

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be a wow nerd

get a job at the nsa

play wow at work

convince bosses you are working

profit

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm totally adding counter-terrorism to my resume. If it's good enough for the NSA it should be good enough for everyone else.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
intelligence officials claimed the games could be used to practice and train for actual terrorist operations. Withmiddleware and mods, game developers could create a virtual environment that provided realistic weapons training and true-to-life land maps and terrain to work with.
So are they basically saying terrorists can take a game engine and mod it into a combat simulator that has nothing at all to do with the game (like all the simulators the US military/government use)?

Troll_sl

shitlord
So are they basically saying terrorists can take a game engine and mod it into a combat simulator that has nothing at all to do with the game (like all the simulators the US military/government use)?
THAT'S NOT WHAT THE HEADLINE SAYS

God you're so fucking dense.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
government cant stop shit. I've been planting bombs on de nuke for 14 years. terrorists win.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i-cQfQ3KG-950x10000.jpg