Obscure TV Shows

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been watching channels on antenna that show older tv shows lately and I came across a Robocop show that I never knew existed.

They took the violence out of it and tried to promote it as a show for teens.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The best thing about the obscure tv shows is that even if they lasted only one season, that's like 30 episodes. Last year I came across Highlander: The Raven and got to watch it. In reality it lasted one season, but it felt like 2 extra long seasons. I was a big highlander fan back in the day, and I never even knew this spinoff existed. I guess the reason it failed was shit-tastic marketing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The best thing about the obscure tv shows is that even if they lasted only one season, that's like 30 episodes. Last year I came across Highlander: The Raven and got to watch it. In reality it lasted one season, but it felt like 2 extra long seasons. I was a big highlander fan back in the day, and I never even knew this spinoff existed. I guess the reason it failed was shit-tastic marketing.
SciFi used to have a bunch of decent shows that never made it past a few seasons but we all know SciFi is notorious for canceling successful shows.

I used to enjoy watching First Wave and Good vs Evil. They were pretty fun shows back in the day.

Another show that always pissed me off that it never ran past the initial season was Space Above and Beyond. Was such a great show. Intro music always got me pumped up for each episode. Always reminded me of the Red Dawn main theme. When the shit was gonna hit the fan, better deal in the Wild Cards.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
First wave was amazing. I imagine all conspiracy theorists to be like that crazy guy in first wave.
Caid Foster and his sidekick, Crazy Eddy. I think Tracy Lords was actually in the last couple of seasons, too.

Such a good show.

The actor that played Foster played Narcho in BSG. It's not like you got a lot of screen time in Battlestar, but I was happy to see him get another role.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Always been a fan of Werewolf the series.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Been watching channels on antenna that show older tv shows lately and I came across a Robocop show that I never knew existed.

They took the violence out of it and tried to promote it as a show for teens.

1641019229790.png

Watched a lot of Alien Nation on the SciFi channel back when it had mostly garbage and this was always better than I expected.

I remember liking the film as well but it's totally different in terms of tone. It's like a neo-noir thriller with an alien femme fatale and a drug that makes aliens hulk out.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If I'm thinking of the show you're thinking of, that show still haunts my dreams
Where the stars on his hand form a pentagram when its close to transformation time? Show helped launch Fox. The suit was pretty legit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Always been a fan of Werewolf the series.
What show is that?

You mentioned the stars on the hand, but for some reason I think I'm thinking of tales from the crypt demon knight. B I think that movie had star tattoos floating around the hand when the demons were getting near or something.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 390622

Watched a lot of Alien Nation on the SciFi channel back when it had mostly garbage and this was always better than I expected.

I remember liking the film as well but it's totally different in terms of tone. It's like a neo-noir thriller with an alien femme fatale and a drug that makes aliens hulk out.
Spoiled milk getting the aliens plastered was always a pretty creative idea.

• 3Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
What show is that?

You mentioned the stars on the hand, but for some reason I think I'm thinking of tales from the crypt demon knight. B I think that movie had star tattoos floating around the hand when the demons were getting near or something.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Another obscure classic. The finale of the first season was amazing and only topped by the beginning of the second season. If you watched it you'll know what I mean.

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That fucking Sledgehammer song came out at about the same time too. Not sure if related.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So as a kid in the wee early hours I once watched a game show where the contests slapped each other for money and other bizarre shit. It concluded with husband and wife playing Russian Roulette with each other. The wife just pulled the trigger over and over until the host grabbed it away from her. During commercial breaks instead of cutting away you stayed on set and watched what happens when advertisements play. I was 9 or 10 and it broke my fucking mind. I tried explaining it to my mother and I had to sound like a crazy person. She said it was ever on again to let her know. I tried finding another episode of this game show and never, ever could.

This is that show -

"For the sum of 2500 dollars you must strike your loved one in the face."

Man, it's just as dark as I remember it too. The wife saying "I hate you" to her husband and just pulling the trigger one time after another to win 100,000 dollars.

it turned out to be an episode of a Christian Twilight Zone knockoff, I still can't believe anyone aired the fucking thing

• 4Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Perhaps not entirely obscure but Swamp Thing from a few years back is actually super good. Kinda sucks cuz it got cancelled after 1 season which is surprising because I thought it was really good. Definitely worth watching even just for the first season tho even if it leaves you with a slight case of blue balls.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
some shows nobody will remember, but i watched every episode.
the highlight being the imaginary metal band called Dregs of Humanity that performed at his school.

13 yr old chuk had a crush on those 2 ginger girls.

i was dazzled by this show and thought it was way cool. it was actually horrible and they couldnt cancel it fast enough.
it was a blatant ripoff of Raiders of The Lost Ark, but i watched the hell out of it anyway.
this show was absolute garbage, but the blonde in it was so fucking hot i made sure i watched every scene she was in.

i watched very closely

• 4Like