Oceanic and Offpeak Filthy Casuals

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
For those like me who can't poopsock anymore and operate outside normal hours.

I'd still like to group/level/raid with forum degenerates, but understand my circumstances may not be the right fit for Zaide and co.

Wed 2pm PDT launch translates to a Thurs 5am AWST down my way, or GMT +8 if that's easier.

If there is enough of us in the same boat, with similar play times for a few hours a night, maybe we can make something happen.

Little bit of background on me - came from The Rathe originally then later Bertox. Got into EQ with the old man when Kunark dropped, 13 at the time. I had my own bard that didn't get very far (55 or so?) but mostly I'd play his characters on other accounts, we had Bezbub (monk) Banur (cleric) and Boonees (necro) that were the most played between us. Might even be able to convince him to drag his old ass back this go round.

I stumbled across FoH back in 2002, looking for info on how the uber people do things. Instead I got the highlighter thread and many laughs since. Come for the info, stay for the Aychamo bunghole.

kudos

<Banned>
With instancing and the ease of classic EQ there may not even be such a thing as offpeak hours anymore.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I would never attempt to speak for Zaide but he has mentioned before that Faceless has folks from across the globe so being in a less common time zone might not really be that bad. Might want to chat with him. While it might not be the majority of folks there could be plenty around when you're online to do stuff with.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With instancing and the ease of classic EQ there may not even be such a thing as offpeak hours anymore.
Oh there for sure is. On Phin it was a son of a bitch sometimes. The problem with instancing, is that if you can't make EST (let's face it, EST time zone wins out ALL the time) time zone raids, to hit the instances, it pretty much sucks. There was 1 Oceanic guild, but they weren't very good. :(

Despite how popular Phin was, it would have been a nightmare playing 3rd shift hours if I wasn't an Enchanter.