Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

Fedor

<Banned>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 8 Votes
Title: Untitled 1969/Manson Murders Project

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lawrence

Release: 2019-08-09

Plot: The story is set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969 and follows a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and is looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't see anything about Tom Cruise in these links. For as batshit and homosexual as Tom Cruise seems to be. 9/10 times he is a pleasure to view on screen.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't see anything about Tom Cruise in these links. For as batshit and homosexual as Tom Cruise seems to be. 9/10 times he is a pleasure to view on screen.

Tom Cruise was one of the original 3 actors in talks to co-star at the exact same time Quentin was in talks with Leo and Pitt. Source is in another thread in General section from March.

Tom Cruise may have been recasted by Olyphant after talks fell through, or replaced by someone older for the role like Burt Reynolds. Tom was supposed to play a hair stylist I think-- but I can't say for 100% just going off memory from March and haven't followed it since. Many things have likely changed. Cruise could still be in talks.

Risky because of the time period, and the subject matter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm reading Helter Skelter right now. I have the most perfect Tarantino-esque opening scene to this film all figured out in my head.

do you want to know more?

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Love this time period and If anyone can make a film sounding like this work, it's Tarantino. Hope Cruise hasn't been replaced, would have been interesting to see and I always enjoy his films., even if it's just a small but important role as in Tropic Thunder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Opening scene in the guesthouse behind the Tate home. It's midnight.

William Garretson (caretaker of the guesthouse) and Steven Parent (a friend) are in the guesthouse. Steven is trying to convince William to buy the stereo he brought over. Queue long drawn out banter about stereos and music and sound quality in a Taranteo-esque conversation a la Reservoir Dogs like a virgin or Pulp Fiction foot massages.

William decides he doesn't want to get a new stereo. Slightly annoyed, Steven decides to call it a night, picks up the stereo and walks back to his car. Camera follows Steven all the way back to his car which is parked out front by the main Tate house. Scene is lit by outdoor lamps around the pool, lights on to the garage, and lights on front porch in the front of the house.

Without cutting away, we move into a shot looking through the passenger window of Steven getting into his car. Steven lights a cigarette, turns on the car, cranks the radio. Cream SWLABR plays loudly. You can see through Steven's driver side window in the distance, two people running out of the main house onto the front law. Two others follow the first two, knock them over on the lawn and begin what looks to be a brutal stabbing. This scene is slightly blurry in the distance. Steve doesn't notice the commotion with the loud music playing and is fiddling with the stereo in his car.

Still in the shot looking through the windows of the car, one of the stabbers looks up and notices Steven. This person stand up and walks calmly to the car. Steve still hasn't noticed any of the happenings outside. Once the person gets to his window you see that it's a beautiful young women ... she knocks on the car window and smiles. Steve looks and sees covered in blood. Steve rolls down the window and is about to say "what the fuck happened?!" when she raises a gun to his head and blows his brains out. Music continues to play.

This cuts back to William lying on his couch with big headphones on plugged into his record player. Eyes closed. Nodding his head. Smoking a joint.

-----
THAT'S THE BISI SCRIPT IDEA. Screamfeeder Screamfeeder halp

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

William Garretson (caretaker of the guesthouse) and Steven Parent (a friend) are in the guesthouse. Steven is trying to convince William to buy the stereo he brought over. Queue long drawn out banter about stereos and music and sound quality in a Taranteo-esque conversation a la Reservoir Dogs like a virgin or Pulp Fiction foot massages.

William decides he doesn't want to get a new stereo. Slightly annoyed, Steven decides to call it a night, picks up the stereo and walks back to his car. Camera follows Steven all the way back to his car which is parked out front by the main Tate house. Scene is lit by outdoor lamps around the pool, lights on to the garage, and lights on front porch in the front of the house.

Without cutting away, we move into a shot looking through the passenger window of Steven getting into his car. Steven lights a cigarette, turns on the car, cranks the radio. Cream SWLABR plays loudly. You can see through Steven's driver side window in the distance, two people running out of the main house onto the front law. Two others follow the first two, knock them over on the lawn and begin what looks to be a brutal stabbing. This scene is slightly blurry in the distance. Steve doesn't notice the commotion with the loud music playing and is fiddling with the stereo in his car.

Still in the shot looking through the windows of the car, one of the stabbers looks up and notices Steven. This person stand up and walks calmly to the car. Steve still hasn't noticed any of the happenings outside. Once the person gets to his window you see that it's a beautiful young women ... she knocks on the car window and smiles. Steve looks and sees covered in blood. Steve rolls down the window and is about to say "what the fuck happened?!" when she raises a gun to his head and blows his brains out. Music continues to play.

This cuts back to William lying on his couch with big headphones on plugged into his record player. Eyes closed. Nodding his head. Smoking a joint.

-----
Damn good research on that shit son but all you gave me were a couple of storyboards based on books already written. Give me the MEAT. Some dialog and exposition from the personal point of view.

Also, it was Tex Watson, not one of the girls that shot Parent (also it was four times in the chest not the head) so you're already off into re-writting the entire thing!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You got it, boss

Also, it was Tex Watson, not one of the girls that shot Parent (also it was four times in the chest not the head) so you're already off into re-writting the entire thing!

This will be my Tarantino inaccuracy, son!

If Hitler can die in a movie theatre then hot Manson chicks can shoot Parent ;)

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You got it, boss

This will be my Tarantino inaccuracy, son!

If Hitler can die in a movie theatre then hot Manson chicks can shoot Parent ;)
Boy if you're going down the Tarantinoverse then more power. That shit is a deep, deep pop culture quagmire and your dialog better be on point! I expect a treatment on my desk by Monday.
cartoon-jameson-2135.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if QT will build an entire replica of the Tate murder house.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The men paroled very well comparatively to the women. Not just at the Tate house, but accomplices, drivers n such.

The War on Women boys. Its real.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You also didn't know Tex Watson may have sustained a TBI and had the onset of CTE.

TEX.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

-----
Damn good research on that shit son but all you gave me were a couple of storyboards based on books already written. Give me the MEAT. Some dialog and exposition from the personal point of view.

Alright - I've got some revisions

First, the music. It should prob be White Album. Or would that be too on the nose? Level 10 on the nose would be using Helter Skelter, even though it's a badass song.

Second, can switch to Tex doing the knocking on window and shooting. Also no need for people being murdered in the BG since Steven was the first to die. Just have them run over to the car, hot girls in background.

*thinks*

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Alright - I've got some revisions

First, the music. It should prob be White Album. Or would that be too on the nose? Level 10 on the nose would be using Helter Skelter, even though it's a badass song.
You save Helter Skelter for one of two things. Either your bad-ass, Tony Scott style intro into the turbulent 60's or you slam that shit right at the credits after ending on Manson laughing his ass off in custody with that fucking assfuck insane smile on his face. I'd say use some remixed Dennis Wilson and even some of Mansons own music (make some creepy synthwave remixes of that shit). You got The Byrds also, if you're just looking for music with direct connections to the whole situation.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I get the feeling the remaining Beatles will never allow this

STUDENT FILM!!!!

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I get the feeling the remaining Beatles will never allow this

STUDENT FILM!!!!
No doubt. ANY of that music would never make it into a Manson film without either more money than the production budget or some MAJOR backroom casting couching.

I haven't looked very hard but I would be willing to bet that QT has a whole list of really obscure 60's retro music that will be all over this.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database