Only Lovers Left Alive - Jim Jarmusch

Column_sl

shitlord

If you are a big fan of Jim's work this is another great movie by him. Darker then most of his films.

And yeah, that is Loki.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you should probably mention that this is about vampires in the title. i am a fan somewhat of jim jarmusch, but his old stuff like Night On Earth and Down By law. i think i tried watching Coffee And Cigarettes on IFC one time and it was pretty boring. dunno what to think about this except, meh if i see it on cable it might be worth a shot.

Szlia

It offers a pretty interesting take on the vampire myth and the cast is great, but he really has no interesting story to tell with that good setting. There is also something a bit smug about it all as it can all be understood as a metaphor about the enlightened artist (Jarmusch - forgetting a moment that he is aggressively mediocre) and the unwashed masses.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well that's all Jim's movies, they are all character studies with no missions, or goals. Just eccentric characters on the screen with good cimetagrophy, and musical scores.

Only Ghost Dog, differs and that was his only film where he tried to be part of that Hollywood system.