Only Murders in the Building

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Only Murders in the Building

Genre: Comedy, Crime, Mystery

First aired: 2021-08-31

Creator: Steve Martin, John Hoffman

Cast: Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Aaron Dominguez, Amy Ryan

Overview: Three strangers who share an obsession with true crime suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is pretty decent. I wouldn't go out of my way but if you like Steve Martin and Martin Short worth watching. Selena Gomez is surprisingly good at deadpan.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Watched the first episode and it was alright. Cool to see Martin and Short back in something though.

Can stream via Hulu.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched the first three episodes. Honestly, I could cut out the entirety of Martin Short's character and its a better TV show. He ads nothing to the show. Selena and Steve Martin would have been fine as a duo. Otherwise I am enjoying it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would say Martin Short's character is a necessity due to the "human element". Steve Martin's Character and Selena Gomez's character work because of it, he makes them more relatable through his interactions. Otherwise they would just come off as gruff and cold. I'm also at the three episode mark.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am enjoying this very much. Hate the 1 episode a week bullshit.

• 1Garbage

Homsar

Im enjoying it, yesterdays episode was maybe best out of the first 5. Its not amazing but enjoyable, guess its renewed for 2nd season

• 1Like

Homsar

Its funny, whenever i see news outlets writing negative reviews on episodes its one of the better episodes of a show, my least favorite episodes i see praised. This last episode was bad and bloggers praise it

FoH is one of the only sites that can get me to watch something or not. A good example is Ted Lasso this season, media kept blasting the first part of the season that was fine and then 2nd half went downhill and now they love the show and the last few episodes have been shit

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage

Homsar

Finally watched this week and it was so much better than the silent episode but i guess it fit in with the following episode.

Martin Short is doing a lot better as the show goes on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Latest episode is the best written one so far out of both seasons. No idea if the whole season arc payoff will be satisfying but damn this was a great episode.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just discovered this show, it's a lot of fun. The cast are excellent and agree it wouldn't work without Martin Short. This last episode with the party game for example was carried by him, I tried to imagine one of the other mains trying to pull of that scene and I don't think it would work.
It's pretty interesting how compelling Selena Gomez's character is despite (or because of?) delivering almost all of her dialog in a monotone.

Animosity

Season finale is out today. Was a pretty good season. The cameo at the end was pretty funny.

Animosity

Surprised this show doesnt get talked about more here. Season 3 finale was today and set up the fourth season, which they announced it was renewed for today as well.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database