OrbusVR : Reborn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
OrbusVR : Reborn

MMO built for virtual reality.

I've played the early access. Reborn is a complete overhaul adding in new classes, dungeons etc.

orbus-reborn-3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I remember hearing good things about it when I had a Rift. I don't think the tech is ready for this sort of thing to really take off, but the VR MMO genre has got to start somewhere.

• 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
I played the warrior at start. You get a sword and board(one defensive shield and one offensive). Depending on the way you swung your sword, you could deliver different techniques (hamstring, bleed damage etc.) Had to actively block with your shield against shit coming your way.

Runemage was fun but difficult at first, you used a wand to draw out spells in the air. So if you drew the correct "fireball" rune, it would then glow on the wand then you could release it. Using your wand, you could then direct the flight of the fireball.

Musketeer used a gun and a sentry type throw able device. Ranger shot arrows and set traps.

Newest classes are : Shaman , Bard, Paladin, and Scoundrel. The website has some videos on each one. Released when Reborn goes live (which I think is this month but don't quote me)

Each player has a house too for crafting. I didn't get involved to much but making a potion was fun, you poured in the ingredients you found in world that showed up on your table. It would then change colors and depending on the potion, you would add in ingredients when the time(color) was right.

Dragon breeding/racing. I didnt do this stuff but why not I guess.

Fishing, pretty much what you would expect. VR fishing, I had fun.

Mounts. Ye they have em.

• 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Dungeon tiers and Raid content

Featuring 5 unique and challenging raid boss fights geared for 10 players, the raid will see the denizens of Patraeyl venture forth to the ruins of Guild City in an attempt to begin understanding the events which led to the current state of the world and what can be done to repair it. “

First ever VR raiding sounds cool. But only for 10 people? Was hoping for some EQ style mosh pit raiding but I’ll wait and see. AFAIK there are world raid bosses that the entire server could take part in.

• 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
One of the biggest problems for VR is the population size, mostly due to the entrance costs I think. Developers should be cross platforming with anything/everything, even with non-vr systems like PC monitor players and consoles (like war thunder, payday 2, and now no mans sky).

A smart move for a VR capable MMO would be to allow pc and console users playability. Would encourage that population to save their shekels and take the next step possibly.

The final stages of beta start this week. I won’t be taking part because I want it to be a surprise, like falling off the lift in Kelethin on my first day.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont disagree. If they can somehow balance out the skill requirement difference between the cross platforms, then its golden.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Open world pvp, battlegrounds, and the new Honor Rank system. Each week they tally up the points for anyone who pvp’d and will provide ranks.

It seems like this game is shaping up to be WoW lite in VR, which is cool for a filthy casual like me. That’s the feeling I got when I took my first airship ride and got into my first group for a dungeon.

The website is kinda shit to sort through for information; Honor rank and auction house/stalls

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait for something to just absolutely blow up in VR, and really change the landscape. Only a matter of time before they get some Battle Royale game to work decently. Then again as stated above, entry into VR still isn't completely widespread. This looks neat.

Nothing reminds you how far you have fallen from your physical "prime" like playing VR for 20 minutes and your shoulders are absolutely writhing in pain while trying to shoot a virtual bow and arrow... Playing the Rec Room Paintball game on Steam is a shooter/cardio sessions in one.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't wait for something to just absolutely blow up in VR, and really change the landscape. Only a matter of time before they get some Battle Royale game to work decently. Then again as stated above, entry into VR still isn't completely widespread. This looks neat.

Nothing reminds you how far you have fallen from your physical "prime" like playing VR for 20 minutes and your shoulders are absolutely writhing in pain while trying to shoot a virtual bow and arrow... Playing the Rec Room Paintball game on Steam is a shooter/cardio sessions in one.

Think your shoulders hurt from that - try the guitar hero equivalent. Was sore for days and didnt even notice it when I was playing.
Beat Saber

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
When all there is are mmo emulators and classic servers to look forward too, I think i'd rather put a fucking helmet on and live next level autist. You too can clear out your basements, cage your pets, and swing pixels at virtual sewer rats. Fuck the entrance price though. Hardware needs to get better and cheaper fast.