Pain & Gain

Fedor

<Banned>
yeah, I'm looking forward to a Michael Bay movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/

Pain & Gain is an upcoming action comedy film written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and directed by Michael Bay. The film is based on a 1999 series of Miami New Times articles by investigative journalist Pete Collins about "a couple of Florida steroid-abusing knucklehead bodybuilders who become criminals involved in an extortion ring and a kidnapping plot that goes horribly awry." The film is scheduled for a release date of April 26, 2013.
Pain-Gain-poster.jpg

Pain-and-Gain-film-set-INF.jpg

Pain%20and%20Gain-20120425-33.jpg
mark-wahlberg-on-the-set-of-pain-and-gain-hollywoodgrind-2.jpg

pain-and-gain-dwayne-johnson.jpg

looks like it could be pretty funny

Pain-Gain-poster.jpg

Pain-Gain-poster.jpg

Rezonation_sl

shitlord
At least it has a nice grill. Although they should be drug out into the street and shot for using lighter fluid for cooking food...

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
It wouldn't be a Michael Bay trailer without a giant explosion at the end. He's doing it on purpose now.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been following this movie and I actually hoped Bay was kind of going to make a Drama. Like every Bay movie it looks entertaining but I cant help but wonder if he took on something serious, Bay isnt a terrible director, he just stays with that terrible formula

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Read the articles. Holy shit. That's some fucked up stuff man.
Yeah, I read the whole thing and it kinda blew my mind. Even more so because the trailer makes it look like some Robin Hood type shit and glorifies the kidnappers, making it look like a fun movie about the gym and stealing from comically stereotypically rich Jews (seriously could the way they portray him be any more racist?), when in reality it was a really fucked up chain of events about cold blooded torture and murder committed solely and on a whim for personal gain. What the fuck, seriously?

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
And holy crap, just finished reading the real life story. Can't believe this is being made into an action comedy, what those guys did is some seriously sick twisted shit.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
mark wahlberg looks fat. perhaps he should have actually used some steroids while training for the film? the rock looks like a fucking monster. i really wish this wasn't a michael bay movie. seems like it would be better if a more serious director/producer was behind it. seems like it should be dark as fuck, maybe like "fargo." instead, because it's michael bay, it will more than likely be terrible.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I read the whole thing and it kinda blew my mind. Even more so because the trailer makes it look like some Robin Hood type shit and glorifies the kidnappers, making it look like a fun movie about the gym and stealing from comically stereotypically rich Jews (seriously could the way they portray him be any more racist?), when in reality it was a really fucked up chain of events about cold blooded torture and murder committed solely and on a whim for personal gain. What the fuck, seriously?
So that fact that this is a comedy is spot on is what you're telling me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wow, what a great read! I can't believe I had not heard this story, seeing as I've lived down here almost my entire life. Granted, in 1997 I wasn't really paying attention to anything but partying and girls.
frown.png

That said, the movie seems to be kind of an odd twist on a pretty fucked up story. If I were the victims' families, I would be kind of disgusted.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, just read the whole story. Great link.

Why the fuck would they make this into a bro-comedy? If I were a family member I'd be fucking furious. Hollywood is gay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd be great if this were marketed as a bro-comedy but the movie fit the original material completely.

Fedor

<Banned>
It'd be great if this were marketed as a bro-comedy but the movie fit the original material completely.
I have a feeling that's what's going to happen.

Look at how the Rock's character is portrayed in the trailer and then at the image of him with the charred hand.