Pantheon

ShakyJake

<Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Pantheon

Genre: Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-09-01

Creator: Craig Silverstein

Cast: Paul Dano, Daniel Dae Kim, Katie Chang, Rosemarie DeWitt, Aaron Eckhart, Taylor Schilling, Ron Livingston, Chris Diamantopoulos, Raza Jaffrey

Overview: A bullied teen receives mysterious help from someone online: a stranger soon revealed to be her recently deceased father, David, whose consciousness has been uploaded to the Cloud following an experimental destructive brain scan. David is the first of a new kind of being – an “Uploaded Intelligence” or “UI” – but he will not be the last, as a global conspiracy unfolds that threatens to trigger a new kind of world war.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've only watched the first episode, but thought it was pretty engrossing. Reviews are pretty stellar.

Cybsled

How many people clicked on this thread to see if it was related to the MMO?

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've downloaded 4 episodes and it sounds really cool, haven't watched yet. Sadly its on AMC+ and it feels like it was sent out to die, the target audience is all watching ROP/HOTD and Andor soon so weird time to put it out. This feels like the absolute worst time to put out something weird and new and new IP with streaming giants desperate to cut costs and animation seen as a mostly money loser.

the story is about the Singularity I believe, the idea that an AI can get to the point where it evolves past all limits of capability/intelligence.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
home movie running GIF by Charles Pieper

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is actually pretty good, kept me interested anyway.

I was surprised that they put some effort into their technobabble, although the crushingly wrong definition of 0-day being a plot point was painful. No-one is expecting a TV show to have the level of care that Mr Robot had, but google exists people.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also wish they would've found a different acronym for Uploaded Intelligence. "UI" is universally thought of as "user interface".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First few episodes of this have been outstanding. Some great voice talent as well. I wish it was live action with the high quality actors they have doing this.

If they really could upload people it would probably be pretty accurate to the show - enslaved by corporations and forced to work 24/7 cranking out profits.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
show cancelled
Missed this thread when it came out and never heard of this. Is this first season worth watching, knowing that's all there's going to be?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Missed this thread when it came out and never heard of this. Is this first season worth watching, knowing that's all there's going to be?
I think it's definitely worth watching if you like the subject matter -- that is artificial intelligence (although in this it's human uploaded intelligence) and how it might run amok. I think the first season was reasonably complete on its own.

• 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw a new season of this came out, not sure what that is all about since Spronk said it was canceled but I'm looking forward to watching. First season was excellent hopefully they kept it going.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database