Parks and Recreation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Parks and Recreation

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2009-04-09

Creator: Greg Daniels, Michael Schur

Cast: Adam Scott, Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, Jim O'Heir, Retta, Chris Pratt

Overview: Hilarious ensemble comedy that follows Leslie Knope, a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Indiana, and her tireless efforts to make her quintessentially American town just a little bit more fun.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Time for a new "What are you watching when you're in the showhole" thread!

This is what Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I have been sauntering through which neither of us had ever watched before now. Once you get past "It's the Office for Bureaucrats" this is really a much better show than I had thought it would be....

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This show was incredible. Even the last season, which was much different than all the previous seasons, wasn't bad. I liked this show so much.

And to think that Star Lord started here as a fat homeless dude that shined shoes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Yes, Ron Swanson has already (we're only at the beginning of season 3) entered my personal patheon of spirit guides. These are the mythological characters whose wisdom always has the answers you need. Current members are:

1. Al Swearengen
  2. Mr Krabbs
  3. Stan Pines
  4. John Wick
  5. Mr Wednesday (From American Gods)
  6. Hank Hill
  7. and now Ron Swanson.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the show got a lot better. It -did- start off as an office rip off. S1 is pretty bad.

Once they figured out that it was bad and decided to stop trying to be the office the show got an awful lot better.

Probably the best thing Audrey Plaza will do.

The Rob Lowe seasons were primo.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Possibly the best thing any of them will do. At least Aubrey has that fappening video that competes well.

Oh wait. I guess chris pratt has gone on to better things.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Possibly the best thing any of them will do. At least Aubrey has that fappening video that competes well.

Oh wait. I guess chris pratt has gone on to better things.

Yeah, but watching this after GoTG we found ourselves asking if Starlord is really just Andy in Space....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You're in season 1. Andy gets better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
B-Biscuit B-Biscuit and I are working our way through this for the first time. On Season 5 now. We started watching it because it seemed like a good follow-up to The Office. I agree tho that it got a lot better when it stopped trying to be like The Office.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Andy is an all star of the show. One of my favorite comedies. Like it way more than The Office.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Me and the wife watched this over the last few months. One of my favorite shows.of all time. Too bad the last season ruined it.

Favorite thing was how giddy everyone got over lil sebastian

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the last season is fine. The worst season is definitely the first one.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The first is alright but is a very different style of humour. It's more cute than funny. With the second they figured out the potential of all the characters and went straight into giving each of them some great scenes to shine. The only character in the entire series that was bad was the dude they replaced with Ben. Bringing him and Rob Lowe in just cemented it as one of the best cast of characters ever.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database