Patriots Day (2016)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Patriots Day

Tagline: The inside story of the world's greatest manhunt.

Genre: Drama, History, Thriller

Director: Peter Berg

Cast: Mark Wahlberg, John Goodman, J.K. Simmons, Kevin Bacon, Michelle Monaghan, Melissa Benoist, Michael Beach, Khandi Alexander, Alex Wolff, Rachel Brosnahan, Jake Picking, Lana Condor, Erica McDermott, Kathy Harum, Martine Assaf, Jimmy O. Yang, Cara Leroy O'Connell

Release: 2016-12-21

Runtime: 130

Plot: An account of Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis's actions in the events leading up to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the aftermath, which includes the city-wide manhunt to find the terrorists behind it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Screeners are out since its Oscar time, it was decent enough I guess but a lot of stuff seemed exaggerated especially the final shootout.

Fadaar

That guy
Didn't like two people total die in the whole incident not counting the terrorists? Call me an asshole but that's completely uninspiring for a movie and I have zero interest. I can see why Wahlberg did it though he's a Boston native and loves his hometown.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
"Worlds Greatest Manhunt"

Yeah, ok.

anyone remember a guy named osama bin something?

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
movie was ok...I guess.

"How can we make this movie even more Boston?"

*Marky Mark takes a swig of Jameson in the middle of the bombings*

• 1Like

Cybsled

Didn't like two people total die in the whole incident not counting the terrorists? Call me an asshole but that's completely uninspiring for a movie and I have zero interest. I can see why Wahlberg did it though he's a Boston native and loves his hometown.

3 People died in the bombing (2 women and a little kid) and a lot more were maimed/really injured. A cop was also killed by the bombers.

Homsar

Isnt there also a bunch of conspiracy theories about what happened during the final shootout?

I thought there was a bunch of stuff that didnt add up and then the younger one running over and dragging his brother down the street. I forgot a log of the details, I didnt remember stuff with his friends helping them and the one girl supposedly new about the attacks before

Homsar

Also forgot about Jian yang, I dont tthink I'll ever be able to take that actor serious
[/spoiler]

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Probably also that this was directed by Peter Berg, who also directed Wahlberg in Lone Survivor and Deepwater Horizon. Seems Berg has carved a niche in making films based on RL events and getting Wahlberg to star in them.

This was a decent enough watch and worth putting up with a DVD screener for, after a while you forget about the quality.

Cybsled

Isnt there also a bunch of conspiracy theories about what happened during the final shootout?

I thought there was a bunch of stuff that didnt add up and then the younger one running over and dragging his brother down the street. I forgot a log of the details, I didnt remember stuff with his friends helping them and the one girl supposedly new about the attacks before

The two brothers got into a shoot out with police. The younger one ended up panicking and taking off in the car, at which point he ran over his older brother. He later ended up hiding in a boat until the state police found him and apprehended up after lighting up the boat a bit. The forum actually listened to the police scanner live on rerolled and were posting about it as it happened.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Probably also that this was directed by Peter Berg, who also directed Wahlberg in Lone Survivor and Deepwater Horizon. Seems Berg has carved a niche in making films based on RL events and getting Wahlberg to star in them.

This was a decent enough watch and worth putting up with a DVD screener for, after a while you forget about the quality.
Marky Mark and him signed on to do 3 films based on regular old working man american heroes. This was the last one.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was a fairly decent movie. Then it got to the big shootout in Watertown. I enjoyed the action of it, while the entire time thinking "this is so fucking exaggerated". I'm fairly certain that just about the only things from that scene that were true was the older brother getting shot and then run over by his younger brother. I believe they had bomb equipment, but they never set off a single bomb during that fight, let alone blow up several cop cars.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think they did drop some IEDs out of the car but I don't think it did anything?

I'll probably catch this one one it's on Netflix or whatever. Not sure I'm super excited to watch things like this where I actually remember the events going on at the time.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wonder if they made Supergirl (older brother's wife) out to be that much in on it or not. Seems like after getting confirmation that your husband is dead, that's not the best time to go hard ass when being questioned by the super secret anti-terrorist government folks.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Having run the Boston Marathon twice I will have to see this movie even if it is bad. I didn't know a DVD screener was available yet so i'll have to look it up.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

519: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database