PC Controllers and Peripherals

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Figured I'd start a thread for those that could share recommendations on good controllers and peripherals (such as mice, joysticks, etc) for PC. Searched and didn't see such a thread, if there is feel free to smash this one into the other.

So I've had SF4 on steam for a while as well as SF X Tekken. I'd been meaning to pick up a good USB controller, but I've no idea what to get. I want to be able to use it for fighting games but also for the occasional PC games that are better with a controller.

Feel free to shoot ideas this way.

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
In my opinion the best game controller are the playstation 3 controllers. Im currently using those after market xbox enhanced gaming ones and honestly they arent that great. They were like 40 bucks each but they just dont have a good feel.

Also the play station 2 controllers are great too its just you need to pick up an adapter. They are a couple bucks off amazon.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
On the topic of controllers, is there any trick to getting a PS3 controller's battery working again? I hardly use my PS3, and I must have let one of them sit with a low charge for too long, because now it won't charge. It works if I plug it in as a controller, but no matter how long it's plugged in for it won't take a charge. It says it is charging on the screen, but it isn't. Sucks.

Helldiver

Ok see that's the thing, glad I started this topic.

I want one I can also play non-fighting game with too, like in the MMO topics some of the guys are saying some are better with controllers.

So the PS3 controller it is, which is kind of cool since I got a friend that'd sell me one. Just need the adapter.

Kind of figured by now there'd be a PC USB controller with like fully programmable buttons and stuff. Back in the day I used to have full Thrustmaster HOTAS setups with throttles and rudder controls, fully programmable. Man it's been more than 12 years since I used anything other than mouse+keyboard.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
For MMOs and even for PC FPS multiplayer I love my Logitech G13 game pad.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok see that's the thing, glad I started this topic.

I want one I can also play non-fighting game with too, like in the MMO topics some of the guys are saying some are better with controllers.

So the PS3 controller it is, which is kind of cool since I got a friend that'd sell me one. Just need the adapter.

Kind of figured by now there'd be a PC USB controller with like fully programmable buttons and stuff. Back in the day I used to have full Thrustmaster HOTAS setups with throttles and rudder controls, fully programmable. Man it's been more than 12 years since I used anything other than mouse+keyboard.
You don't need an adapter for the PS3 controller, just a standard USB to miniUSB B cable and theMotioninJoywindows drivers. With that you can make your PC think the controller is a standard 360 controller.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
trying to decide on a wireless mouse for gaming, mostly RPG, RTS and MMO, I use my 360 controller for everything that would be better with a controller but my current mouse/keyboard are just your standard every day use models. I was looking at the Logitech G700s but thought I would check on here to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
goto best buy, "touch" all the mice they have out on display, figure out what type you are.

palm or claw

do you grip the mouse with your entire hand over it, or just with your fingertips

if you have just "basic" mice the level of control you're gonna get is gonna be intense, but first imo, figure out if you're a palm/claw guy,
then figure out if you really care about which "sensor" you like and/or

if you really want tons of micro switches on your mouse or not.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can't beat the razer deathadder for Fps games and MMOs/RTS (I use it in SC2). It is fucking great, nice weight and good dpi

Additionally, the PS4 DualShock 4 is instantly recognizable as a USB controller. Works really well.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Can't beat the logitech g9x for Fps games and MMOs/RTS (I use it in SC2). It is fucking great, nice weight and good dpi.
fixed that for you. I'm pissed I didn't stock up on g9x when it was 38$ on amazon
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
plz Wakandan I have been using a Death Adder for like 5 or 6 years now and haven't had to replace it.. and I am talking marathon weekends of Counterstrike and SC2.

To be honest I've never used a Logitech, but since I liked the Death Adder so much I figured if it wasn't broke don't fix it.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I had 2 deathadders (both laptop and desktop) and they both went to shit in less than 2 years. One just died, the other doesn't "click" anymore when you press the button (no feedback). Used the G9 for like 5 years without issues.

galgor

I had 2 deathadders (both laptop and desktop) and they both went to shit in less than 2 years. .
Almost the same experience I've had two Razer mice. The Deathadder went tits up after a year and just stopped working altoegher. The other had the same feedback button you had... push the button and no click. Eerie.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Razer sabertoothis amazing....for regular games. Would pay double for this controller if I had to. Fighting I would actually recommend its younger brother's dpad (Razer ONZA), although you may still like this one.

In terms of regular gameplay though, for things such as Dark Souls, Darksiders, Batman, even casual FPS'ing (if you're the type who likes to play in Big Picture mode on the couch) whatever, this is by far the best. Has two extra buttons up top, and two VERY well placed paddles on the back, that are removable as well. The paddles are extremely easy to press too, which is a big deal I think.All of the buttons are mechanical, I might add, instead of membrane. What these extra 4 buttons do, is enable you to play without ever making you move your thumbs off of the analog sticks. I got this due to Gears of War, and my inability to play claw on a controller. This enabled me to wall bounce like crazy.

Also, the ONZA tournament edition is VERY nice in that, it allows you to tighten or loosen the torque on the analog sticks themselves. For me I like more resistance. It gives more control when aiming. Its dpad is nice, but I think could give you blisters for your thumbs if you play fighters for hours upon hours.

As Sean said, if you plan on playing seriously, just get an arcade stick.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
RAT 7 on sale for $60 anyone have any experiance with this mouse reviews seem mixed on slickdeals.