PC help

Broozin_sl

shitlord
Hey guys. Long time lurker finally needing some help. My last pc finally died and I am looking to get a new one. Unfortunately I am far from a tech guy and am looking for suggestions on where to go to get a decent pc built. As I said I am in no way a tech guy and am not looking to build one myself; just looking for a place to go.

If it helps, I am looking to spend about $1,000. Not really worried about getting a top of the line uber computer, just something that can handle any of the games out now. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for is appreciated as well.

Thanks

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is already a thread for this^^^

Honestly? You should try to build yourself, its not difficult and quite rewarding. If you have someone build you one they will rip you off, or if you go to some other place that sells them you will still get ripped off. $1000 is quite alot and you can build yourself a monster system. There are various resources and videos on how to do it, and the motherboard instructions basically lay it all out for you step by step with pictures and shit. If you ever built some legos, well its just that fucking easy, shit just snaps together.

But, if you are so hard pressed against building one, you could go the dell way...

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...b=1&vw=classic

And then buy a good video card and replace the shit one it comes with. This should have the 460W PSU so it should be good enough to power a good GPU. Also you will want to add a SSD as your main drive. So you will have to make sure you get the OS on a disk so you can reinstall on the SSD.

So you are still going in there and fucking with stuff. But this is pretty much the best deal you can get.

You could also call around locally, maybe there is some mom and pop PC shop near you. What you can ask them is if you bought evrything, if they would build it for you and at what price. Thats another way to go as well....

But seriously, just fucking do it. If you take your time, do it all step by step like the mo-bo instructions tell you to do it. You will have everything done in a few hours, have a better PC, quieter, you can then OC it if you want to (this is easy too), and you can now upgrade it when you want to. (new video card every few years....)

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd have to echo TDOs advice. Especially with so many places that will advise you on parts that work together, build the thing for you, burn it in and then give you a warranty on the complete system. It's the sanest choice by far, especially for someone who doesn't have much/any PC building experience. I don't have any recommendations for any US based companies though, but I'm sure others here can do that.