Peacock Streaming Service On Sale

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone interested, Peacock streaming is on sale for the next couple of weeks. The ad version is $20 for an entire year. Its like a $1.60 a month and Amex is offering cash back offers on Peacock so it is basically free if you pay with Amex.

1665945783137.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For anyone interested, Peacock streaming is on sale for the next couple of weeks. The ad version is $20 for an entire year. Its like a $1.60 a month and Amex is offering cash back offers on Peacock so it is basically free if you pay with Amex.

View attachment 438387
Before anyone signs up - I would suggest making sure your ISP doesnt give you shit like this for free. Xfinity Comcast for example gives Peacock and a few other mediocre services that have ads away with their subscription.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Before anyone signs up - I would suggest making sure your ISP doesnt give you shit like this for free. Xfinity Comcast for example gives Peacock and a few other mediocre services that have ads away with their subscription.
Comcast does it because they own Peacock but your point is well taken.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
We really should have a streaming service "deals" thread, similar to what's in the video games section.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Been waiting a LONG time for this to go on sale/promotion.
Still haven't seen Yellowstone yet.

Fadaar

That guy
comcast gives free peacock? sumbitch, i need to look into that. i do use the free hbo max all the time.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't care for their new original series but the app is decent and has a lot of comedies I love

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They have BSG as well. I started re-watching it again last night. TV before the woke era is best TV. And gender swapping Starbuck didn't bother me because Katie nailed that role. I absolutely love how they did the music in that show.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There's a surprising amount of content we've randomly stumbled across on Peacock. I guess it is just stuff that we didn't realize NBCUniversal owned and wasn't available anywhere else. Xfinity does a good job of pointing you towards the free streaming options when you search for something, better than defaulting to the "rent / buy" options which would probably make them money... which now will probably change.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a surprising amount of content we've randomly stumbled across on Peacock. I guess it is just stuff that we didn't realize NBCUniversal owned and wasn't available anywhere else. Xfinity does a good job of pointing you towards the free streaming options when you search for something, better than defaulting to the "rent / buy" options which would probably make them money... which now will probably change.
Felt the same way when I looked at it the first time I looked at Peacock. Bunch of stuff I just never knew about, forgot or similar.

Theory I have is that when I and a bunch of other people "cut the cable" 15-20 years ago and started pirating everything, we cut our own throat for what type of content was made. I would be interested to see what attributes a person has that doesnt pay for cable TV versus the people that do (that are within the same age group.)

Animosity

Peacock is definitely worth getting. None of their original stuff is good but they have so many good shows to binge. They just added That 70s Show, which is my current weekend binge.

Hit up your Comcast rep if you arent getting it for free.

Juvarisx

Florida
They add movies real quick to it as well, i mean i totally regret watching the new Jurassic Park but it was free atleast lol

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They have BSG as well. I started re-watching it again last night. TV before the woke era is best TV. And gender swapping Starbuck didn't bother me because Katie nailed that role. I absolutely love how they did the music in that show.
That has been on the free side of Peacock for ages. Watched through all the movies/mini movies/episodes several times.

• 1Like

Homsar

Only thing peacock really has a lack of is adult cartoons like futurama or all the fox cartoons. I can have Psych, Monk or silly USA shows play all the time. Hell I still will play stuff like cheers. Their library is massive for TV shows

For how cheap it is and the app being solid I would pick over most, definitely over the hbo shit show

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

Yellowstone is only 2 seasons on peacock. Just set sails for season 3 or 4 it seems unless you want to pay for another streaming service