Penn & Teller: Bullshit! 2.0?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is oldish news but hasnt been posted here.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kat...#axzz2TxcmA61O

Penn & Teller working on TV project, and how Barbra Streisand was thrown by needles trick

Read more:http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kat...#ixzz2TxdRea4a

Friday's Penn & Teller performance was atypical even by their own skewed standards.

P&T put on a truncated performance tailored for the audience invited to the Vegas Magazine party celebrating the latest issue of the publication, the cover of which the duo graces (photos by Jeff Gale and writing by the Johnny). P&T performed a short series of tricks dating to their first Las Vegas appearance at Bally's in January 1993. This set included Teller's thread-and-needles bit (where he swallows a handful of needles and pulls them from his stomach with a long thread) and Penn's masterful fire-eating routine.

During the appearance, Penn spilled the information that the duo are recording a pilot for a show to replace "Bullsh*t," which aired on Showtime from 2003-2010. This was the series in which the duo traversed the great urban and rural landscape aggressively debunking paranormal beliefs, urban myths, pop-culture fads and other cultural misconceptions. Alien abduction, ESP, The Bible, 12-step programs and alternative medicine were all targeted by P&T's suspicion-laced road show.

A film crew was in town over the weekend, taking over Penn & Teller Theater at the Rio on Sunday, to produce a pilot episode for the as-yet-untitled show (it will not be called "Bullsh*t.") Neither member of the famed comedy-illusion team were particularly eager to talk about the project away from the stage, however.

"It's sort of . about all I can tell you is it's related to 'Bullsh*t' in that it's a skeptical show," Teller said. "It's a different style, though. There are some similarities in format, but it'll be a breezier show."

The show is to be set in Vegas.

"I doubt we'll be shooting in different locations," Teller said. "It's just a pilot at this point."

Penn said the pilot would be delivered "really soon," and added, "We're looking at a series that would start in the summer, and that's really quick in showbiz terms. But it's going to be Penn & Teller, yeah. That's all we know how to do."

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Kaley Cuoco replaces Penn Jillette and is in character as Penny from Big Bang Theory.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
It would be great if they would bring back BS I miss that show so much.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Bullshit was great. I still watch it any time they play a rerun on Showtime.