Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pennyworth

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2019-07-28

Creator: Bruno Heller

Cast: Jack Bannon, Ben Aldridge, Ryan Fletcher, Hainsley Lloyd Bennett, Paloma Faith, Jason Flemyng, Polly Walker, Emma Corrin

Overview: The origin story of Bruce Wayne's legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne, Bruce's billionaire father, in 1960s London.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone watching? Kinda digging it.

Warning, there are women in it. Probably playing parts that might be traditionally being played by men. It was the 1960's. If you can get passed this kind of subversive behavior, you might find it a descent show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been watching it. Find it is pretty good so far.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I am watching it.
LOVE:
-the build-up in the first 3 episodes. The weird pastiche of artsy/film noir/60's-psychedelic/bond.
-the acting
-the sets
-the peculiar immorality/nihilism
-the "quick-cuts" of either intense foreshadowing or just plain wackiness (like when they showed the "dog man").
-the alternate universe London
-how very smart the first 3 episodes seems
-the alternate UK "events" (executions, may-poles, Nazis still around?)
NOT LOVING:
-the weirdly forced/wedging in of the Waynes.
-the identified villians (kinda weak), but I suspect the real villains are not who we think they are
-the lack of consistency of Alfie
-real people in the alternate universe-- e.g, Crowly and Turing (yeah, they changed his name).
-the inconsistency of the era; seems to be 60's, but also mid world-wars, sometimes it seems 20's, sometimes 50's.

It's a VERY cool show. I'm on episode 6, and I feel that last 2 episodes kind of have the show falling apart or unraveling. Maybe not. I'm in for the duration.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much how I feel about the show so far. I was pretty bummed there wasn't a new episode last night.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely hoping for a season 2, really enjoyed this season.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This was pretty good. It's got plot holes you can drive a semi through but a lot of good performances and interesting characters

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is back for season 3 on HBO max

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shockingly he wasnt. They made him bang Queen Elizabeth lol.
thumbs brent GIF

velk

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't terrible, but it being renewed for a third season had to have involved literal divine intervention. I guess they ran out of virgins to sacrifice for a fourth season renewal.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Gunn-verse cleaning house on the DCEU more likely. They are killing almost everything off, even the good shit. RIP Doom Patrol.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database