Perpetuum (launches 23/04/14)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
This has snuck up. Been getting beta mails for a while but not took note. Anyone played it ? Launches this Wednesday. I believe people have been playing it for a couple of years for testing prior to this launch.

Time based skill development a la Eve.

Giant mechs

Deep crafting a la SWG

No sub fee but slight concern that you can buy in game credits

PERPETUUM

PERPETUUM - What is Perpetuum?

Perpetuum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perpetuum on Steam

PERPETUUM - Screenshots

rrr_img_65039.jpg
rrr_img_65037.jpg
rrr_img_65038.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game has been "out" since 2010. It's fun for a day or two, beyond that it's not worth playing.
It's EVE with MECHs. It was fun for a while a bunch of years ago, but beyond that it was pretty boring. Then again that was 4 years ago, I'm sure things have changed.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Looked at it years ago, expected them to get a cease&desist from CCP and shut down. I am surprised they are still up. Not interested because of that.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think time based skill training and FTP is the greatest combination. I would imagine everyone still playing has 10 accounts.

EDIT: apparently it isn't that bad. At least you have to buy the game and you train faster if you pay a sub. Game needs a trial. I would give it a shot.

Hmm gonna try this. I loved the idea of Eve but hated the combat. This guymakes a pretty good case for the gamein the Steam forums:

"Retains the complexity and many systems you would expect in EVE, as well as the open world/non instanced world... but instead of space ships you hardly interact with you are placed in Mechs that you can directly control with WASD. So instead of fighting the empty void of space you are on a planet with ever changing plant life which doubles as cover in battle, which can be destroyed and will regrow at random.

Also the pve areas are actually pve only, no suicide ganking, while most of the landmass of the world is open FFA pvp areas.

If you ever had wanted to get into EVE, but didn't want to jump into a time based progression game 10 years behind everyone and get lost in the sea of players....Perpetuum right now is small enough for you to make a difference and a name for yourself, as well as a quicker path to getting you into something decent. Oh and also, terraforming/base building with the ability to attack and destroy other bases...

Just be warned: Its just as complex and unforgiving as EVE. Getting into a corporation (Guild) ASAP is highly recommended...even if you don't plan on staying with them...the veteran players want you to stay, they want to help you get into the game, and will set you up with the basics as well as put you on the path to properly skilling your account."

Aleatha

I just wish it had a trial like EVE. It sounds cool but a lot of MMOs sound cool till you actually play them. Maybe they will have a good sale on steam when it launches. I wouldn't mind dropping $15 to try it out.

Aleatha

Tried this. Didn't even make it through the training. Thankfully I was playing on some kind souls account and didn't drop $30 on it. I see now why they don't have a trial. They want you to buy this dated clunky shit before you get to see how bad it is.

Not sure where the screens are from but I turned the graphics all the way up and it never looked that good at 1920x1200.