Pet Sematary (2019)

Braen

<Medals Crew>
14d 8h 0m
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Pet Sematary

Genre: Horror

Director: Dennis Widmyer, Kevin Kolsch

Cast: Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, Jeté Laurence, Lucas Lavoie, Hugo Lavoie, Obssa Ahmed, Alyssa Brooke Levine

Release: 2019-04-05

Plot: Remake of the '80s classic, based on the novel by Stephen King.

Droigan

Lord Nagafen Raider
15d 17h 29m
I really liked the original as a teenager. Thought it was actually creepy. In an era of "But why?" remakes, this is actually one I don't mind. Could be good.

Reactions: Arden

Zweischneid

Golden Knight of the Realm
19h 53m
I really liked the original as a teenager. Thought it was actually creepy. In an era of "But why?" remakes, this is actually one I don't mind. Could be good.

Could be worse. Still, after the money IT made, reviving (no pun intended) all the ol' Stephen King stuff is gonna be popular for a few years, I suppose.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
24d 16h 19m
Think they'll do the motorcycle wheel scene? That always scared me as a child.

Malakriss

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll echo the youtube comments, why wouldn't you immediately build a fence for the front yard after that truck?

• Solidarity
Reactions: Chanur

Lithose

<Donors Crew>
56d 9h 19m
I'll echo the youtube comments, why wouldn't you immediately build a fence for the front yard after that truck?
lol, exactly what I thought. Solid wood fence, and buy a few hemlocks partly grown from a nursery to help block the noise, and a couple boulders between the trees in case some asshole loses control.

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
98d 1h 8m
holy shit..... I.. never noticed Cemetery was spelt Sematary in the title before...
its spelled that way because the actual pet cemetary is this dinky little thing in the back that kids brought their dead pets to to bury. its that silly misspelling that movie kids always do.
the micmac Indian cemetary is way the fuck out in the woods up on a cairn of rocks. thats what brings the zombies.

this franchise. sometimes dead is better.

Dom

holy shit..... I.. never noticed Cemetery was spelt Sematary in the title before...
Don't worry, you're not the only one. I was staring at the title for a while earlier trying to remember if I had ever noticed it back when the original movie came out and I honestly don't think I did.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Moderation Tools>
24d 2h 13m
Shitty John Connor and Cone Head aren't a good substitute for Time Cop, Tasha Yar, Fred Gymme and what set the standard for creepy as fuck children. Who knows, it'll probably be decent.

• 2Like
Reactions: Arden and Dr.Retarded

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Donor All-Stars>
14d 23h 0m
Nothing will match the original. And Gage - holy hannah - you cannot recreate that character. That kid was EPIC as an actor in that.

IT was a good remake because it honestly needed to be remade - the Original IT was a made for TV low budget deal.

We already saw that happened with the Poltergeist remake.

I really wish there would be more creative and new horror movies/shows rather than remaking (and most likely destroying) original and creative content for the sake of a new generation that would be better off watching the originals anyway.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
79d 11h 47m
I do like that the trailer is focused on some spooky kids (from a flashback I'd guess), Church, the cemetary, and Victor Pascow. The movie looks like it's about one thing and what it's showing you is either misleading or surface level. There's so much pathos left for the audience to experience.

But John Lithgow is just so dry in his delivery. Fred Gwynne as Jud had this really great folksy Maine drawl and you really believed what he was saying and really liked him.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
87d 6h 50m
The original was good, but I'm at least intrigued by this one. I was worried at a remake, but that trailer seems promising.

Think they'll do the motorcycle wheel scene? That always scared me as a child.
Isn't that from the second movie?

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Donor All-Stars>
14d 23h 0m
The original was good, but I'm at least intrigued by this one. I was worried at a remake, but that trailer seems promising.

Isn't that from the second movie?
Yep that’s the second movie with the abusive cop dad who actually becomes nicer after he is buried in the sour ground lol

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database