Pete's Dragon (2016)

Brad2770

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pete's Dragon (2016)

Tagline: Some secrets are too big to keep.

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: David Lowery

Cast: Bryce Dallas Howard, Oakes Fegley, Wes Bentley, Karl Urban, Oona Laurence, Robert Redford, Levi Alexander, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Marcus Henderson, Aaron Jackson, Phil Grieve, Jim McLarty, Ian Harcourt, Steve Barr, John Kassir, Craig Hall, Tim Wong, Esmée Myers, Annabelle Malaika Süess, Gareth Reeves, Augie Davis

Release: 2016-08-10

Runtime: 102

Plot: Pete is a mysterious 10-year-old with no family and no home who claims to live in the woods with a giant, green dragon named Elliott. With the help of Natalie, an 11-year-old girl whose father Jack owns the local lumber mill, forest ranger Grace sets out to determine where Pete came from, where he belongs, and the truth about this dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
rrr_img_131138.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the original when I was a kid. Hope this one doesn't lose all the charm .

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Looks decent.

loved the first one but sort of wish they had gone more for the animated look/style for the dragon like the original.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>

Not sure if others would care about a thread for this one or not. I took my girls to see this one last night and was overall pleased with it. I don't remember the original much since I was really little when I first saw it, so it felt like a first time kind of movie for me. But more importantly, my girls loved the shit out of it. So if you got kids, its a must see. Or if you are a fan of a good Disney movie.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
t197z6QAwIYbDU3paUlBIGWSv6l.jpg

Title: Pete's Dragon (2016)

Tagline: Some secrets are too big to keep.

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: David Lowery

Cast: Bryce Dallas Howard, Oakes Fegley, Wes Bentley, Karl Urban, Oona Laurence, Robert Redford, Levi Alexander, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Marcus Henderson, Aaron Jackson, Phil Grieve, Jim McLarty, Ian Harcourt, Steve Barr, John Kassir, Craig Hall, Tim Wong, Esmée Myers, Annabelle Malaika Süess, Gareth Reeves, Augie Davis

Release: 2016-08-10

Runtime: 102

Plot: Pete is a mysterious 10-year-old with no family and no home who claims to live in the woods with a giant, green dragon named Elliott. With the help of Natalie, an 11-year-old girl whose father Jack owns the local lumber mill, forest ranger Grace sets out to determine where Pete came from, where he belongs, and the truth about this dragon.

e9Rzr8Hhu3pqdJtdDLC52PerLk1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so this looks decent for a Disney/kids movie from the trailer. Probably a fun watch for kids, etc.

But I swear to god, this right here is a perfect example of Hollywood being fucking stupid. Name it something, ANYTHING else. This looks nothing like the original, with only vague similarities and the fact that it has a green dragon that can seemingly turn itself invisible, and I guess the kid's name is Pete? I realize the original isn't some cult classic or probably even well known by much of anyone, but that only backs up my point. They aren't even playing off of brand recognition for easy views like Shitbusters 2016 or other tripe, precisely because it's so unknown. It's just fucking lazy. Feel free to use older works for inspiration for new works. But stop there, and come up with your own name (and content, although this one seems to do that), please? Fucking unoriginal hacks!

re: Hollywood - "This town needs an enema!" nicholsonjoker.jpg

/endrant

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I remembered enjoying the original as a kid, but watching this kind of put it in perspective:

If the new one is a decent movie, then it's not even so much banking off a recognizable name as it is giving it some dignity.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Took my sons to see this today. They both enjoyed it and my oldest actually shed a tear at the end. It has good pacing and it unfolds exactly as you would think. Before seeing this I had wanted the dragon to be more cartoonish? But after seeing it I am ok with the way they did it. It fit well with the forest element.

Overall? Good kids movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database