Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This was posted in the PSO2 thread, but it might get lost in that thread, and I wanted to post this here since for all intents and purposes this is PSO3 and is a "different game".

Some gameplay not seen (timestamped) from Tokyo Game Show:

I think this is going to be one of the first games I can recall where you can use one character on both games, and things carry over between each game at any time (with exceptions such as levels, money, etc). They have confirmed ALL your cosmetics purchased in PSO2 will carry over to NGS and vice versa, so it's more like a singular avatar shared between both games.

For those that don't know PSO2, while "free to play" is a very generous F2P model similar to Path of Exile. The pay to win elements are by no means required by any stretch, and rather minor in scope (like some extra harvests, etc). This is probably going to be a game you can easily enjoy on a budget.

This game is also going to be fun as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Big updates on this game last night.

New trailer:

And new information timestamped to about when they start showing all the in game stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Lots of new content dropped. Closed Beta is going on, but there's no NDAs on it, and lots of stuff out there already.

Here's a timestamp to one of the streams.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
5 days remaining if you want to get into the closed beta test. You have to use some stupid xbox app thing to sign up for it though, but that's likely because MS bankrolled the thing.

Anyway.... if you want to enter for closed beta test...

PSO2:NGS Closed Beta Test Information

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
They haven’t said but it did from the other CBT so honestly I would assume so. Like the prior CBT they will be giving out stuff to your characters that participate.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've never been able to download anything from microsofts store on my PC at a reasonable (over 100kbps). I can't even get this game to not error out when I try to download it. Looked like a fun distraction for a week or two.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Microsoft Store is garbage and it's the number one reason people will pass over this game without a second thought. Shame a real company didn't bring it west.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Microsoft Store is garbage and it's the number one reason people will pass over this game without a second thought. Shame a real company didn't bring it west.

This game wont be MS Store exclusive but the CBT is.

Normal PSO2 can still be gotten from Steam.

I'm streaming it in the FoH discord atm, but I'm not on voice just streaming.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
It’s pretty light on content but I really enjoy the movement. The open works seems to be pretty polarizing but I have enjoyed it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've not had a single crash or server shit this entire closed beta test. Just some occasional hitching. Been a good beta.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
And I'm done, got everything done I wanted to all quests done, two classes to 15, maxed out weapon for one of them (+30 and lv3 potential) and 3x thesseus armor, and got all the bonus stuff for pso2 global except the material storage thing (not sure how they are going to award that).

Game is gonna be great. This was a huge change from PSO2 Global, but nearly every change I liked and was encouraged by.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
With that 20000 free ac I bought 180 days of premium or whatever. Hoping it caries over to live.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
With that 20000 free ac I bought 180 days of premium or whatever. Hoping it caries over to live.

lol it wont, it was just to test out the store and show off the pulls and such. But if you play PSO2 Global, what you will get (at some point) are rewards based on how you did on PSO2 NGS closed beta. But as far as I can tell, this is it.

1. Complete a survey for 100SG

2. Lots of cosmetics, and up to 250SG more.

If some of you have never played PSO2 global, this is your typical free to play game, but is much more path of exile style than genshin impact style. There is *some* pay to win in this, but it's neglible (such as extra harvest attempts etc).

Sega also gives a shitload of SG for free, so you'll most likely never find yourself in a situation where you have to buy it. AC is another matter, but you can enjoy the game without buying anything, and if you REALLY like it, then you can buy a few things like your premium sub and extra inventory space (which persists forever).

All things considered, other than being forced to use windows store for awhile (because MS bankrolled it) Sega has done a pretty good job with this game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They say when in June this launches?

Everyone assumes it'll be on the 9th. That's when all the events and shit end. They haven't officially announced it yet. Maybe trying to reach some certain dev goals by a certain date, and don't want to name a date until they're sure they won't have to postpone it.

• 1Like