Phantom prints

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is a technology forum, so lets see if we're any good at troubleshooting. I have a printer in my office that spits out jibberish every monday at 8 AM. It's obvious that some computer on the network has a scheduled print job and is probably using the wrong print driver. I need help figuring out what computer it is so I can either fix it or stop it. I've tried having the print queue open on my computer (which is connected via USB) but whatever is going on is either happening too fast or the network print jobs just aren't showing up in that queue. The printer is an HP officejet 7110.

Whatcha got? Give me some ideas. I'm pretty sure I don't have access to the network print logs or printer manager. I mean, I might, if you can tell me what to look for I'll make sure. But I probably don't have access to that stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I'm not sure if this will work for network printers? Worth a shot though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I'm not sure if this will work for network printers? Worth a shot though

It's worth a shot. Especially that first option if it actually modifies the properties of the printer. Even if it doesn't, it might still report to my computer for a split second and get captured.