Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams

spronk

FPS noob
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-09-17

Creator: Ronald D. Moore, Michael Dinner

Overview: A diverse anthology of ambitious, moving tales inspired by Philip K Dick's short stories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
New TV show that is an anthology series based off author Philip K. Dick's (basis of Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, Scanner Darkly, and many more) work.

lzEsCZm.jpg

There will be 10 episodes total, each episode is standalone and stars different people. For example Episode 4 is gonna have Steve Buscemi, episode 5 will have Bryan Cranston, etc. Some of the episodes were written by Ronald Moore (BSG reboot).

Should be pretty interesting, sounds a lot like Black Mirror crossed with Twilight Zone with some extra scifi/Harry Potter magic thrown in.

The first episode airs tonight (Sept 17th) in the UK on Channel 4. Amazon is supposed to air the series in the USA but have not yet announced a date.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
cLz7dqSwH4dK1mVrVuh8O6yPp39.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-09-17[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Anthology series based on short stories by science-fiction author Philip K. Dick.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

spronk

FPS noob
Episode 1 summary

XxLCt18.jpg

The Hood Maker
writer: Matthew Graham
director: Julian Jarrold
cast: Richard Madden, Holliday Grainger, Anneika Rose
synopsis: Set in a world without advanced technology and where mutant telepaths have become humanity’s only mechanism for long distance communication. But their powers have unintended implications and when the public begin to embrace mysterious, telepath-blocking hoods, two detectives with an entangled past are brought in to investigate.

Episode 2 summary

gpPBdD4.jpg

The Impossible Planet
writer/director: David Farr
cast: Jack Reynor, Geraldine Chaplin, Benedict Wong
synopsis: Two disillusioned, disenchanted and indifferent space tourism employees take up an elderly woman’s request for a trip back to Earth… the existence of which is a long-debunked myth. She appears easily confused, plus she’s rich – so, for the right payment, what’s the harm in indulging her fantasies? As the journey unfolds, however, their scam begins to eat away at them and they ultimately find themselves dealt a bittersweet surprise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'm not exactly sure how US peeps are supposed to watch this show, amazon hasn't set a date yet. Torrent sites have the first episode from the UK broadcast though.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd love see a form of UBIK out of one of these episodes but sounds like they are all original material.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Watched the first 3 episodes, really enjoying it. Sound design/World Building is excellent.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this like Black Mirror where all the stories take place within the same world, though at different times / places?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Is this like Black Mirror where all the stories take place within the same world, though at different times / places?
I believe all episodes are based on Dick's short stories. One episode was far in the future where Earth no longer existed.

It's been alright so far. Nothing mind-blowing, but entertaining for sure.

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Enjoying these more than I thought I would. They certainly do a better job capturing the spirit of the original stories compared to other attempts to bring his works to life. Def worth seeing if you like PKD.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They just put this on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good, varying levels of quality throughout but I think I liked the last 2 the best.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I watched em all. Fairly on par with black mirror. I enjoyed all the episodes and especially liked the last one.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database