Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No, it's just a more PC term, b/c what we're doing is killing/murdering an animal. Destroy/put to sleep is more palatable to say, no different than,

"Honey you wanna get some cow(steak) tonight? Or do you wanna just serve up the deer(venison) i hunted last week? we could wrap it in some pig(bacon/pork) to give it lots of flavor. Don't forget to serve up some chicken(poultry) for Chris, he don't like 4 legged animals, maybe i could rustle up a good batch of deep fried squid(calamari) for him instead.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You know how pitbulls are worthless and stupid fucking dogs? Go to craigslist and go to pets and type in free dog. Half of the results are for fucking stupid pits being given away for free because theyre too fucking aggressive.

Also eye opening to see what little respect people have for their animals;

We have owned Sugar, our 13 year old Maltese, for 6 years. I bought her off craigslist. We recently moved to Payson, AZ. We think our other dog, Buster, has bit her. After an expensive vet bill, it happen again but not as bad. I'm afraid she will be badly injured and I don't want that to happen. Our other dog Buster has been with us 13 years and we are going to keep her forever.
What kind of piece of shit does something like this?

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, I mean, it actually sounds like a solution.

I dunno. What else are they gonna do? 13 years, their older dog might be starting to go senile. Or he might just be in a terminal bad mood cause his joints ache. Or he might just be confused as fuck and hate Arizona and he can't bite the humans.

Trying to give the "newer" dog away isn't exactly the best solution, but it's not the worst. They've probably tried to discipline the older dog before resorting to putting Sugar out on the farm in the country. Well I say probably but what I mean is that I hope.

Who knows. The bigger piece of shit move would be to let the older dog kill Sugar.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
All that being said, it does seem like prior to 1980 pit bull attacks were pretty much unheard of, or at least on pay with other attacks...since I've seen this from multiple sources, including the douche who spent his life studying dogs, I'm going to assume this is accurate, and that the cause of the sudden rise isn't a simple one reason answer.
Yes, actually there is. Because pit bull s started to be seen as, not only an organized crime thing, but also a black thing. So the media a hops on and sensationalized the shit out of it. Same for school shootings, they always happened, but now we have a 24hr news cycle, and everything is sensationalized.

50 years ago: You got bit by a dog? Why didn't you kick it? Go put alcohol on it, and quit fucking with the dog you can't handle.

Now: You got bit by a dog? Was it a fucking pit bull?? Call the cops and have that baby killing machine put down.

Anyway, you seem to be kinda stupid, so this is the last blatantly obvious thing I'll point out to you. Context.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Umm any dog that bites anyone severely needs to be put down. Pretty sure has always been like that buddy.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, actually there is. Because pit bull s started to be seen as, not only an organized crime thing, but also a black thing. So the media a hops on and sensationalized the shit out of it. Same for school shootings, they always happened, but now we have a 24hr news cycle, and everything is sensationalized.

50 years ago: You got bit by a dog? Why didn't you kick it? Go put alcohol on it, and quit fucking with the dog you can't handle.

Now: You got bit by a dog? Was it a fucking pit bull?? Call the cops and have that baby killing machine put down.

Anyway, you seem to be kinda stupid, so this is the last blatantly obvious thing I'll point out to you. Context.
I still think a lot of that is breed recognition/definition. Ask 10 people what a pit bull is and they will give you 10 different answers, people don't even know which dog to be afraid of and the news just goes with the biggest story.

But yeah, any dog that willfully attacks a human should be put down, pit bull or not.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes, actually there is. Because pit bull s started to be seen as, not only an organized crime thing, but also a black thing.
America only imo, the black thing, i've seen a doc done in the UK (i think that CH4) and all the dog fighters were british or they had that fuck ass gypsy accent in snatch, where you didn't understand shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Umm any dog that bites anyone severely needs to be put down. Pretty sure has always been like that buddy.
Except if it's a cutie-pie precious little doggie-woggie-wooggie-booggie. The pretty ones always gets less jail time. Or was that humans, I forget.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
30 plus years of experience gets overwritten by anecdotal evidence given by highly educated and historied redneck dogfighters? I could be wrong, in which case prove it to me.
Well, lets just look at it logically. Is logic allowed in this thread? It's not the politics thread, so I hope so. In a dog fighting pen, what good would it be to the other dog to 'read the social cues'? Were there problems with dogs who wouldn't fight because the social cues told the other dogs they were friendly? Gimme a fucking break.

I still think a lot of that is breed recognition/definition. Ask 10 people what a pit bull is and they will give you 10 different answers, people don't even know which dog to be afraid of and the news just goes with the biggest story.

But yeah, any dog that willfully attacks a human should be put down, pit bull or not.
Like 10-15 years ago I saw an article where someone compiled pictures of all the dogs that were reported as 'pit bulls' in dog attacks. I don't remember the time frame they used but there were easily 100 pictures, probably multiple hundreds. If you went ahead and counted dogs like Bull Mastiffs (and a few others that mostly look like pits) then only about 2/3 of the dogs should have been called pits. In truth, it was probably about 1/3 who were actual 'american staffordshire terriers'. Amongst the other 1/3, there were a lot of german shepards and st bernards. The funniest ones to me were the little rat terriers. I guess they thought they were just baby pit bulls.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like 10-15 years ago I saw an article where someone compiled pictures of all the dogs that were reported as 'pit bulls' in dog attacks. I don't remember the time frame they used but there were easily 100 pictures, probably multiple hundreds. If you went ahead and counted dogs like Bull Mastiffs (and a few others that mostly look like pits) then only about 2/3 of the dogs should have been called pits. In truth, it was probably about 1/3 who were actual 'american staffordshire terriers'. Amongst the other 1/3, there were a lot of german shepards and st bernards. The funniest ones to me were the little rat terriers. I guess they thought they were just baby pit bulls.
The tendency for people to classify an attacking dog as a pitbull is pretty well known and muddies the water. I know personally I wouldn't perform very well at telling which is a pitbull in a collection of dogs.

p9dn4.jpg

Find-The-Pit-101824862829.png

which-dog-is-a-pit-bull-photo.jpg

It would be interesting to see the same investigation done on pictures of all dogs involved in fatalities instead of just attacks. The prevalence of pitbulls in fatalities is extremely high, and I have to believe some are misclassified, but one would hope that a fatality being involved would make the classification have more scrutiny.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The tendency for people to classify an attacking dog as a pitbull is pretty well known and muddies the water.

It would be interesting to see the same investigation done on pictures of all dogs involved in fatalities instead of just attacks. The prevalence of pitbulls in fatalities is extremely high, and I have to believe some are misclassified, but one would hope that a fatality being involved would make the classification have more scrutiny.
In September 2000 a study conducted by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was published which examined dog bite related fatalities (human death caused by dog bite injuries) over a 20-year period from 1979 to 1998. The study examined 238 fatalities in which the breed of dog was known. The study was surmised to covered approximately 72% of known dog bite related fatalities during that period.[18] However in the later half of the studyRottweilers accounted for more dog bite related fatalities than pit bulls.

"Despite these limitations and concerns, the data indicates that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF (dog bite related fatality) in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities... However, breeds responsible for human DBRF have varied over time."
Now it wouldn't surprise me at all if the numbers have shifted in the last 15 years because pits are now the rage for poor people instead of rots, but we're also talking about a bunch of dumb nogs and white trash who shouldn't even be allowed to own a goldfish, much less a dog. But yes, it's no surprise that you're more likely to be killed by a Pit than a Yorkie, even if the Yorkie is much more likely to try and attack you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I remember this doc on the denver co, ban on pit bulls, they had a checklist on what defines a pit bull

begins with the fat white guy at 47:34 (if it doesn't play from there)

this is the official by law, your dog has round or almond eyes(wtf kind of other eyes can they have? fucking square?), illegal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The idea of dog breeds being 100% different because there is one barely noticeable superficial different between one dog and another is retarded. If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and walks duck its a fucking duck. Just because its toes are a slightly different shape doesnt mean its not a duck.

I mean something tells me if you put 10 dog experts in a room and had them identify various breeds of dogs by all those obscure breed names(who the fuck has ever heard of a american panja mastif or a bo-jack hybrid?) they would never agree, kinda like wine tasters.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There is a larger difference between the breeds than toes. But they are very similar, many breeds are very similar. Trying to pin all of this stuff on a specific breed just doesn't make sense. Hell, they create new breeds.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's like my previous statement about breeds and race, it's the same concept.

Tiger woods walking down the street, you'd say he's black, with beedy little chinese eyes

Beyonce is on all the magazine covers, but she could never get on National Geographic and pass for an African queen, same could be said of Halle berry

6a00d8341cac1753ef0147e35bab8b970b-pi

Vanessa H, couldn't ever pass for jackie chan's sister(she's not just saying) she's part flip/chinese (flip is filipino slang)

i don't suscribe to dog racism and separation of breeds, cuz in the end, they all SHOULD be mixed, otherwise you're gonna get all these fucked up son fucking mother babies with hip dysplasia cuz they wanna keep the breed pure.

Hell, the cutest (personality) dog i ever saw was a jackT/huskie. Holy crap this thing was super cute, my friend was fostering this thing, and he pulled his authority and got his boss's son to adopt him (cuz his boss said, hey my son wants a dog, got any leads?), an out of college kid, who moved to a new city with the cutest dog around, holy shit he couldn't fend off the bitches!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The idea of dog breeds being 100% different because there is one barely noticeable superficial different between one dog and another is retarded.
Wait, what makes them vicious bloodthirsty baby killers then? Is it their looks or their breeding? Cause, if it's their breeding then no matter how obvious of a cosmetic difference you choose to ignore, it makes all the difference in the world. Sounds like you're saying what makes them bloodthirsty baby killers is whether they make you wet your pants when you see them.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Heterozygous organisms are going to find that they have evolutionary advantages over homozygous organisms. Their ability to adapt is unmatched. When you vigorously mix genes in a human population, you create healthy and beautiful organisms. This is known. When you do the same for dogs, the same will be true. 'Pure' is an alien word in genetics. It does not mean what you think it means. "Pure" is a four letter word when genes are talking.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's weird. 17 looks more like a pit than 14 to me. 24 looks most like a pit on top.

And I saw that doggie dick too. Shit made me laugh. "Hi there, buddy! Whatcha doin?"