Pixel Dungeon - Android/iOS

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Seeing this sub-forum reminded about this rogue-like game. A few years ago I played it for weeks during my work commute and couldn't get past the first boss when I temporarily had an Android device. Just found out it's been released for iOS, so I'm actually going to buy it this time. (Still free on Android) It's the last difficult game I've played in recent memory. You're welcome.

Pixel Dungeon

in_the_beginning.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Apparently you can get some sort of extra life item or a save point/revive item after you beat him. I will report in after buying the iOS version tomorrow. :)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I made it to lvl 7 once on a warrior, I felt like the game is entirely dependant on how merciful the RNG is.

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Went with the Shattered version on Android, thanks for the great suggestion. Unforgiving as hell, but enjoy the challenge.

• 1Solidarity

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stand in a puddle and it can't debuff you.

Game's pretty easy if you know the gimmick for the bosses. Easy as a roguelike can be though...you'll die a lot no matter what.

edit: forgot to mention, use the item that roots you to the ground and increases your armor. I can't remember what it was called, it's been a long time since I played it

• 1Like
This is the only roguelike I've beaten. Really enjoyed it though. Ultimately won with a warrior... The final boss fight was really easy. Learning to manage food and durability are huge.

Not a lot if replayability after winning tho imo.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Maybe my problem is I have been playing the Mage. Goo fucking wrecks me, when I'm even able to reach it.

thx 4 tip